Audio Precision System One

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
walge said:
Hello,

I found another problem with my AP1 + sound logic interface.
I can't plot a frequency response comes from a CD.
It seems that it is not able to sinchronize the input signal.
I check the test with another AP1 with Apib card and it run fine.
If I plot a freq. answer with the internal generator everything is ok.

I check also a FFT always come from a CD  (signal at 1 kHz) and I can see the spectrum.

It is very strange.

Any idea?

Thx in advance

Walter
Are you sure you have set "Analyser Frequency A (or B)" as Source 1 in the Sweep panel?

Hi,

Assuming I get the APIB-LPT kit, would this make for a good laptop to run a System One: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cheap-refurbished-HP-Laptop-Windows-98-DOS-gaming-serial-port-160mb-refurb-Win98-/151369514538?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

I can't see why not, but I'm new to Sys-one ownership.

Also, can anyone give pointers on what to look out for when you receive your System One? Mine is a non 'A' version, so it looks a little old... The seller claims it's 'tested' which I find pretty suspect as they're a liquidation assets company, and even an audio geek's going to have trouble 'testing' an AP1... They claim to offer money back if not satisfied, so I need to get up to speed on deal-breakers such as missing cards etc, so I can return it asap if there's something catastrophic amiss.

Thanks in advance.

Greetings Folks,
I just found out that the APIB-LPT kits for the System One / Two will be available again in a couple of weeks.  I'll keep you posted.
Best,
(Bruno2000)

bruno2000 said:
Greetings Folks,
I just found out that the APIB-LPT kits for the System One / Two will be available again in a couple of weeks.  I'll keep you posted.
Best,
(Bruno2000)

Excellent!  Any word on the mini computers?

APIB USB Interface:
Control your Audio Precision System via USB without a PCI or PCIMCIA card in an older computer. Use ApWin 2.24 Software running on a Win XP3, Win 7, 8 or 10 computer via USB adapter to control AP Systems models 22, 22A, 222 , 322, 22xx. 23xx, 24xx, 25xx & 26xx using APIB interfaces. Note S(serial) & G(GPIB/HPIB) models also have APIB inputs.

A limited supply is now in stock. Contact me [email protected]

Back