abbey road d enfer

Re: Audio Precision System One
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2014, 01:35:45 PM »
Hello,

I found another problem with my AP1 + sound logic interface.
I can't plot a frequency response comes from a CD.
It seems that it is not able to sinchronize the input signal.
I check the test with another AP1 with Apib card and it run fine.
If I plot a freq. answer with the internal generator everything is ok.

I check also a FFT always come from a CD  (signal at 1 kHz) and I can see the spectrum.

It is very strange.

Any idea?

Thx in advance

Walter
Are you sure you have set "Analyser Frequency A (or B)" as Source 1 in the Sweep panel?
Who's right or wrong is irrelevant. What matters is what's right or wrong.
"The important thing is not to convince, but to give pause for thought." (B. Werber)
Star ground is for electricians.

« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2014, 08:44:00 AM »
Hi,

Assuming I get the APIB-LPT kit, would this make for a good laptop to run a System One: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cheap-refurbished-HP-Laptop-Windows-98-DOS-gaming-serial-port-160mb-refurb-Win98-/151369514538?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

I can't see why not, but I'm new to Sys-one ownership.

Also, can anyone give pointers on what to look out for when you receive your System One? Mine is a non 'A' version, so it looks a little old... The seller claims it's 'tested' which I find pretty suspect as they're a liquidation assets company, and even an audio geek's going to have trouble 'testing' an AP1... They claim to offer money back if not satisfied, so I need to get up to speed on deal-breakers such as missing cards etc, so I can return it asap if there's something catastrophic amiss.

Thanks in advance.
Prepare yourself. You are about to become the voice of Interplanetary Parliament.

bruno2000

« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2014, 09:01:01 AM »
Greetings Folks,
I just found out that the APIB-LPT kits for the System One / Two will be available again in a couple of weeks.  I'll keep you posted.
Best,
(Bruno2000)

ruairioflaherty

« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2014, 09:47:26 AM »
Greetings Folks,
I just found out that the APIB-LPT kits for the System One / Two will be available again in a couple of weeks.  I'll keep you posted.
Best,
(Bruno2000)

Excellent!  Any word on the mini computers?

« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2014, 05:52:02 PM »
2 months on - any updates? 
Prepare yourself. You are about to become the voice of Interplanetary Parliament.

bruno2000

« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2014, 10:53:21 PM »
2 months on - any updates?

Duke now has stock of the kits.  He's on the Audio Precision System One group at LinkedIn.
Best,
Bruno2000

Audio1Man

« Reply #67 on: August 12, 2017, 04:15:24 PM »
APIB USB Interface:
Control your Audio Precision System via USB without a PCI or PCIMCIA card in an older computer. Use ApWin 2.24 Software running on a Win XP3, Win 7, 8 or 10 computer via USB adapter to control AP Systems models 22, 22A, 222 , 322, 22xx. 23xx, 24xx, 25xx & 26xx using APIB interfaces. Note S(serial) & G(GPIB/HPIB) models also have APIB inputs.

A limited supply is now in stock. Contact me [email protected]