Gyraf Pultec in progress!!!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dukasound

Hi
Except missing some small parts and chassis :? (again chassis) all is soldered.
Pultec_boards.JPG

I find almost all Wimas. Also I have mains transformers.
Pultec_LL.JPG

I havent input transformer. Any suggestion except Lundahl? I know we need 1:1 ratio.
Pultec_small_board.JPG

Lorlins and Toko inductors are used.
Thanks to Mikkel C. Simonsen for inductors.
Big thanks for all who help me with parts specially to Goran
Duka
P.S I am slowly and lazy but when I got parts I cant stop :grin:

[quote author="gyraf"]Input transformer: any 600:600 line transformer you can find. You can also run this circuit with unbalanced input - no trafo

Jakob E.[/quote]
Thanks Jakob
I have a one Beyer dynamic 1:1 - 1,2K:1,2K but this transformer goes from 30-15000Hz +-1db.
Duka

[quote author="dukasound"]
I have a one Beyer dynamic 1:1 - 1,2K:1,2K but this transformer goes from 30-15000Hz +-1db.
Duka[/quote]

beyer transformers sounds really good disreguard of the FR charts published by Beyer. If those are the little round ones, I would say too small for line input. But would make a nice mic input transormers. Do you have a part number? I could check on my catalogs.

[quote author="rafafredd"][quote author="dukasound"]
Duka[/quote]

beyer transformers sounds really good disreguard of the FR charts published by Beyer. If those are the little round ones, I would say too small for line input. But would make a nice mic input transormers. Do you have a part number? I could check on my catalogs.[/quote]
I have both TR/BV 310 003 002 (1:3) and TR/BV 310 001 081 (1:1). Also I have one TR145 BV 35569 and for this last I havent anything about it.

The first one is a 1k:9k and the second one is a 1k:1k. Looks like they are not the PCB mounting version. Don´t know if this is OK for line level, as the core is the same.

The 9 numbers ones are logically numbered, but the five numbers, if there is any logic in the numbering, I just can´t catch...

On the old catalogue (5 numbers), this specific part number is not mentioned.

I'll be buying my transformers soon. Why not use Lundahl on input?
Are you looking a little more character from the input Trafo? different ratio?
You mentioned 1:1 is the Lundahl not 1:1 ? I'll have to take a look.

I know your on the other side of the pond but curious,Where did you find your Wimas? I think mouser has them, but missing some of the values needed. You are using the "MK4 series" Is this the preferred series to use for these, does it matter?

I have my lorlins, toko,tubes,sockets & chassis, but still need in/out trafo and caps. I'll be catching up to you soon.

Cheers,

Z

[quote author="rafafredd"]The first one is a 1k:9k and the second one is a 1k:1k. Looks like they are not the PCB mounting version. Don´t know if this is OK for line level, as the core is the same.

The 9 numbers ones are logically numbered, but the five numbers, if there is any logic in the numbering, I just can´t catch...

On the old catalogue (5 numbers), this specific part number is not mentioned.[/quote]
OK
I find this for Beyer transformers.
First number is ?studio grade transformer
Second and third ? dual in line pcb board mounting
4th ?primary winding (single)
5th and 6th- turns ratio (01-1:1, 03-1:3,16)
7th, 8th and 9th ? type number (from 001-020:200ohm/2K and from 081-100:1K/1K special)
Lets talk about Pultec.
Duka

[quote author="Zee1usa"]I'll be buying my transformers soon. Why not use Lundahl on input?
Are you looking a little more character from the input Trafo? different ratio?
You mentioned 1:1 is the Lundahl not 1:1 ? I'll have to take a look.

I know your on the other side of the pond but curious,Where did you find your Wimas? I think mouser has them, but missing some of the values needed. You are using the "MK4 series" Is this the preferred series to use for these, does it matter?

I have my lorlins, toko,tubes,sockets & chassis, but still need in/out trafo and caps. I'll be catching up to you soon.

Cheers,

Z[/quote]
I havent money to buy Lundahl :sad: this is reason why I not use it on input.
I find Wima MKS4 in Belgrade. Also they havent all values (12n and 18n). You can use 7,5mm raster on the place with 10mm raster because leads are longer that to other caps.
Best
Duka

Latest posts

Back