The Rude Tube Build / Support Thread (MAJ + PSU)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes sir  8)
its digital control for every pot/switch from Cubase. 
left CH controls both.
i am gonna prepare a small demonstration video/audio
i am currently moving my studio.  but shouldnt take long.

kambo

mrkrawn said:
Hi Kamboo

It's very interesting what you did.
Are you able to change preset on the daw without touch a rude tube knob?
Is it a digital control for every pots?

Best

This is an amazing project
sound great  8) 8)

11701217_659117717552475_7151272365840108326_n.jpg

10408846_659117714219142_3036317340971002221_n.jpg

11659455_659117687552478_2819490976689252098_n.jpg

Hi, do you know where I can still buy another PCB ??

Andrzej

Page of my works :)
https://www.facebook.com/WaveSolutionsDesign

bernbrue said:
You could ask in the black market. From time to time they come up for sale. Working on a new version.
Bernd

Let me know necessarily how will the new version :)
I am of Polish

Andrzej

Other input/output tubes. More tone shaping features ........... Surprise ;) Follow Zayances White market thread.  Let me guess, your next build will be ..... The Gates. ;D

Bernd

bernbrue said:
Stunning! Your productivity is unbeatable. Have you got the time to use your gear? Excellent!
Bernd

So I have time to use :)
I'm looking for another good projects  ;D

Hi, thank you Bernbrue for this beautiful project, i've already build a mastering version and everything is fine.
now i'd like to convert it to use as a guitar preamp, with an ecc82 at the output the distortion seems to became smoother but at full blast with all the controls fully cw it'd like to go into oscillation but only when you play or specially when palm muting i've tried to place nfb here and there but i don't like it, someone can help to have high gain dist without osc? maybe less distortion post ef86 and more post 6as6? or maybe try a better ef86? or try make the ecc82 Ra (8k2)bigger? so having more distortion with less volume.
Thanks!

ps: i've tried positive feedback and it scream i love it but the downside is that you are playing thru a square wave synth too  ;D

Project is finished. Electro Harmonix input and output tubes with Mullard 6AS6's. Cinemag cmli-15/15b on input, and Cinemag cm-2810 on output. Sounds great to my ears. Really gives sounds that tube splat. Socketed all filter caps in the function section, so I can swap out caps to dial in peak filters. Added trimmers to r1, r11, r23, r28 to dial in tube stage gain to have even stereo image. Only real problem I had was one of the main boards had a lifted trace or something in the voltage divider  overdrive section. It was displaying a high passed sound. I had to end up solder jumping 2 resistors to get it to work full bandwidth.  Thank's again to everyone who contributed to the project.

Attachments

• IMG_1579_30.jpg
    IMG_1579_30.jpg
    373.6 KB · Views: 44

Latest posts

Back