Please help me identify these components

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enchilada

Hey guys, here's a couple of photos of some components I'm trying to identify. Also if they're not available, could anyone recommend a suitable replacement?

Thanks in advance!!!  :D

The first has 9 pins and is marked:
NJM3352S NJM 5532S
JRCA3007B

The second has 8 pins and is marked:
RMHZ6648

Pics:
NJM3352S.jpg

RMHZ6648.jpg

The other one to me seems to be a resistor array, easy to verify by measuring.
If not it will be some kind of hybrid/thick/thin film component.

The best way to search is to keep removing characters from the front and back until you get a hit.  For instance a FET printed with

T7
HK30
AY

will finally yield a hit for "K30" which is then available in packages like 2SJ1K30PT and the like.
You have to find the nugget in your number, like with your 5532.
What is the component ID on the board for those RMHZ's?
Mike

Rochey said:
Oh wow, a sip 5532?

Who would use thoses these days?
The sip package can stand a little more Pd compared to the dil package (800mW vs. 500mW) and might be easier/cheaper to heatsink if so required. Might come handy when building a headphone amp on the cheap.
Funny thing is, all datasheets come up with the SIL8 part (NJM5532L) when searching for the SIL9 package 'S' type. What's this 9th pin used for ?

1--V+ (internaly conectd to 9)

2--A output

3--A - input

4--A + input

5--V -

6--B + input

7--B - input

8--B output

9--V+ (conct. to 1)

? What's this 9th pin used for ?

Look at SkunkFunk's pinout. You can put this chip in either way around and it will work.

I suspect the #1 reason is that 8 resistors on a bus is a common digital need, so 9-pin SIP was a common package. But the way it works for a dual opamp it can be made don't-care for direction, avoiding one popular screw-up.

> Who would use thoses these days?

Who said it was "these days"?

I recall those being very common a decade or so back.

I suspect the SIP is somewhat easier to route since traces can go out either side without hitting another row of pins.

Samuel Groner said:

Look again--it's actually a NJM5532 which is easy to google.

Samuel
Whoops, that was a typo. I saw the 5532 there but I thought the 5532 was a DIP8 chip. I've never seen SIP9. Anyone know where I could get one?
sodderboy said:
The best way to search is to keep removing characters from the front and back until you get a hit.  For instance a FET printed with

T7
HK30
AY

will finally yield a hit for "K30" which is then available in packages like 2SJ1K30PT and the like.
You have to find the nugget in your number, like with your 5532.
What is the component ID on the board for those RMHZ's?
Mike

The designation is U108. There are 8 of them on this PCB.
PRR said:
Who said it was "these days"?
You're about right time-line wise. These components are from a Tascam LA-3500 balancing kit for the Tascam M-3500/M-3700 console. I was hoping to be able to recreate these PCBs but I can't identify this one component, nor can I find anywhere that sells a SIP9 5532.

Thanks everyone for your help :)

thats a simple PCB dude. you could make a small PCB with an SMD 5532 on it.

The wires shown here are incorrect, but I just wanted to show you how simple it could be.

Do you have any Z (height) constraints?

/R

Attachments

• 5532SIPadaptor.png
    5532SIPadaptor.png
    12.9 KB · Views: 2
Thanks PRR, makes sense.
Rochey said:
thats a simple PCB dude. you could make a small PCB with an SMD 5532 on it.
yepp, or do it like my last fix without additional pcb and a DIP8 package NE5532,
something like this drawing (assuming pin1 on pcb is providing pos.supply, else tie it to pin9)
5532_5532Sfootprint.gif

Latest posts

Back