Vintage Tube & Vintage FET Microphone PCB Kit For DIY & New D7 Custom Capsule

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JessJackson said:
wave said:
Studio Mollan said:
Hi!
Nice job!
I'm in for 4 sets but i'll wait for the second batch.
Is the BOM for 110v only or international? I think i saw a 110v primary transformer in there.
/
Emil

Emil,
The 230V Triad is 115/230 but the 20V Hammond in the BOM is only 115V
Here is an alternative for your mains but there is a lead time

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Hammond-Manufacturing/186B20/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMvwUzoUXIIvyQPvPmwnNFGyR%2fQB%252b1BzrOY%3d

It looks like the 115V Pri 20V Sec Hammond in the BOM is looking non stocked as well

Dave

I noticed the same thing Dave,

Are any of these non 230 options suitable?

http://www.mouser.com/Power/Transformers/Power-Transformers/_/N-8u9n5?P=1z0wd7dZ1z0wd3m

Here is The digikey one for 115V there are 384 in stock,

Attachments

• Signal 20VAC.gif
    Signal 20VAC.gif
    30.9 KB · Views: 51
And this would be a first find for The international folks With dual Primary,
D.

Attachments

• Signal 20VAC dual 1.gif
    Signal 20VAC dual 1.gif
    30 KB · Views: 64
That transformer is in stock at Mouser as well

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Triad-Magnetics/FS20-300/?qs=%2fha2pyFaduhGVTljFaMtKB%252byp1dEp4QHJoPTB4X6VvU%3d

Dave

Fantastic work, Dan!

I'll take one D-U67 PCB Kit (Max IOaudio BV12). I can't wait to start! Thanks very much.

-DUDE GUY

Where is the other discussion on when this project started.  I can't find it anymore.

-Scott

wave said:
That transformer is in stock at Mouser as well

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Triad-Magnetics/FS20-300/?qs=%2fha2pyFaduhGVTljFaMtKB%252byp1dEp4QHJoPTB4X6VvU%3d

Dave

Thanks Dave,

Ordered up everything now
Body from Chuck
Powder coating gun for elam look
BOM
Senheiser K67 capsule
Styrenes 270pf/100pf
Russian & Bosch PIO/tar coupling caps .50 and 1uf

Just need to find some nice tubes and see if i can source the Nos Wima caps and nos hi/z resistors

I'd like to also look at smaller power supply chassis, be nice to get the size down for transportation. akg n12b size is nice.

J

One set
D-U67 PCB Kit Max IOaudio BV12

Two sets
New U87 PCB for Large U67-U87 Mic Body

Thanks you. Nice work.

I just added some picture of the PSU construction  :) in the front page ,

Cheers,  :)
dan,

saxmonster said:
Where is the other discussion on when this project started.  I can't find it anymore.

-Scott

I Ask Ethan To clear it out because it was redondant,  Let me know if you have any questions,  ;)
Dany,

Hey all, just for those that haven’t noticed, I am currently working on a 67 capsule for this project as well. It will sound super fantastic good, better than all other capsules ever made!!! :p :p :p

That’s my intention of course. All kidding aside It is being 100% made here in the USA and skinned by me here in Chicago. I am currently working hard to make sure it will sound true to the original. I am lucky enough to be one of Poctop Beta testers and if all goes well I will be posting sound samples as soon as I am happy. My mic is the Ioaudio BV12 versions by the way.  So far it’s going very smooth. Thanks Dany for all of the very hard work!!!
Eric

tskguy said:
Hey all, just for those that haven’t noticed, I am currently working on a 67 capsule for this project as well. It will sound super fantastic good, better than all other capsules ever made!!! :p :p :p

That’s my intention of course. All kidding aside It is being 100% made here in the USA and skinned by me here in Chicago. I am currently working hard to make sure it will sound true to the original. I am lucky enough to be one of Poctop Beta testers and if all goes well I will be posting sound samples as soon as I am happy. My mic is the Ioaudio BV12 versions by the way.  So far it’s going very smooth. Thanks Dany for all of the very hard work!!!
Eric

Let me rephrase this,  :eek: 
I am lucky enough to be one of Poctop Beta testers
Yes you are lucky but not Beta Tester more like the First External builder , beta testing is reserved for Windows Product that does not work ,
this layout has been tested toroughly during months of development  in my lab and works at 100.00%,  Othewise this thread would not exist  ;)
LOL,

Dany,

ha ha ha ;D ;D  so true my French Canadian brother!
beta, bad choice of words. Maybe idiot check from the build perspective, if I can build it and not screw it up any one can.
E

+1,  8)  Have you ever been worried about beeing Chosen  ;D ;D ;D :p :p

Let me still rephrase this as i am a patriot  ;D

my French Canadian  "Quebecois" brother!  8)

Very nice work, Dan!

I'll take tow (2) D-U67 PCB Kit (Max IOaudio BV12).
Thank you ... so nice
Jean-pierre

bieckmusic said:
If I want to use the original transformer is there one kit that would work better?

Thanks! :)
Greg

The External Kit will work better For Sure,  :)
Dan,

Latest posts

Back