Vintage Tube & Vintage FET Microphone PCB Kit For DIY & New D7 Custom Capsule

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EXPERIMENT A)  Note :Feedback Cap 100pf both mic

Here is the Story, Got myself 2 original dead body K67 Very old...  ,  and they were dirty as hell , after a cleaning procedure (my intention is to reskin them) but I tried them as is in the AMI U67 mic and the Max U67 mic, and here  are the results followed by handling noise , I am not sure that  both capsule are top notch because they are original from the time and have been cleaned ,  but here it is 

Let me know what you guys think, Not sure at this point if the difference is in the traffo or the capsule or between each capsule cause they are not the same in both mic i needed to test the 2 at the same time soo..., but the sounds is in the same family as you will hear ands sounds neumannish to me ,    I will eventually exchange capsule to see how it goes as well and try the peluso back in ,  :p :p :p :p :p ;D :D ;) :)

https://cdn.groupbuilder.com/groupdiy/u/39511/58d028199381c

Cheers,
Dany,

Finally after Switching those 2 K67, it made a Super Nice enjoyable difference in Bass Response and overall sounds
Here is an exampe with the AMI , you can refer to the previous sample if you want to hear the difference  :) between the 2 transformer  ( start of the previous sample is Max and start of this sample is the AMI ,  yours To judge now. this is not tested in perfect condition but this is a Very Very nice Perspective ;)
AMI After, Before capsule switch.
https://cdn.groupbuilder.com/groupdiy/u/39511/58d028199382b
Cheers, Edit: the capsule has not switch side but mic  :D  ;D
PS: I have a ReSkin Job to do Now,

Hope you enjoy the sample,
  :) D :)

So for me, the bass response follows the capsule changing - whew!

Dave

wave said:
So for me, the bass response follows the capsule changing - whew!

Dave

Yep,  That is why i needed to confirm That by swapping those capsule arround , results = Happy  :)

I'm hearing that too Dave. Which is a relief. I mentioned to Dany that I wasn't sure the Peluso capsule was dead on, because it wasn't designed as a clone, but to suit their version of the 67.

Which means Eric's capsule should be the way to go :)

kpearsall said:
I'm hearing that too Dave. Which is a relief. I mentioned to Dany that I wasn't sure the Peluso capsule was dead on, because it wasn't designed as a clone, but to suit their version of the 67.

Which means Eric's capsule should be the way to go :)

I am to recieve one more Peluso K67 and Also one Of Eric's Capsule, so i will be comparing those soon enough and report back with some sample ,  :)
Dany,

Hi Danny,

Can you start an official build thread so we can start speaking in details about our options surrounding this circuit. cheers

J

JessJackson said:
Hi Danny,

Can you start an official build thread so we can start speaking in details about our options surrounding this circuit. cheers

J

This will be very shorlty  :),
Dan,

Hi,

Looks great.  :)

1) Can you explain the two transformer options, please?  I see in the photo on left Max's transformer in the mic, and the other one has Oliver transformer at the bottom of the mic...  what is external?  They both appear to have a transformer in the microphone...

2) Is the PSU exactly the same as the original Neumann?

3) What is the mic body these are made for?  What are the dimensions?  What donor mics do they fit?  Will they fit the U67 bodies ChuckD is selling? http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=45767.300

4) There are references to "Eric's capsule" -- who is Eric?  What are the capsule options? 

5) Are there other threads where these questions are discussed - this thread doesn't have much in it except the interesting build photos and preorders? 

tommypiper said:
Hi,

Looks great.  :)

1) Can you explain the two transformer options, please?  I see in the photo on left Max's transformer in the mic, and the other one has Oliver transformer at the bottom of the mic...  what is external?  They both appear to have a transformer in the microphone...
the Max transformer is soldered direct on PCB with one kit of boards , the AMI/external kit the tranformer is wired in the boards

2) Is the PSU exactly the same as the original Neumann?
----Yes,  except that it uses 2 separate transformer one for B+ and the other one For the heater, instead of an multitap toroid that does both in the orginal PsU , the PSU PCB contains all the original design in that respect ,  it has 2 added pot for the heater and B+ adjusments and 1 rsistor in series for B+ adjustments as well ,  please refer to my schematic and the original and also the gotham audio for your reference.

3) What is the mic body these are made for?  What are the dimensions?  What donor mics do they fit?  Will they fit the U67 bodies ChuckD is selling? http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=45767.30
---it has been designed especially for this body you are mentionning

4) There are references to "Eric's capsule" -- who is Eric?  What are the capsule options?
----user tskguy,          K67 Type 50pf,    any Eric's , Peluso,  RK67 , AG moscow K67, Beez-Neez K67, Thiersh K67,  Original K67........ ;)
--- Any suggestions Welcomed that i'd forgot

5) Are there other threads where these questions are discussed - this thread doesn't have much in it except the interesting build photos and preorders?
--- No not for now but i am trying to answer all the quesion in this one So Far .

thanks For your interest,
Best
Dany,

Hi!
Are there any sets left?
If so I'd like to buy two ami and two io kits please.
/
Emil

Back