Vintage Tube & Vintage FET Microphone PCB Kit For DIY & New D7 Custom Capsule

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I should have the PCB this week or next monday,  I took note of your request ,  hopefully things will start moving really soon,

I will keep you posted, :)
Thanks,
:)dan.,

Hi, I am still learning about capsules and all of the choices for the different projects you offer. Is ChuckD's M7 capsule designed strictly for the u47 build, or will it work for this one (u67) as well? Obviously I will wait for your feedback on the other two that you have mentioned but, I was just curious. Thanks.

Du-67 Project will be using the most common K67 type Capsule ,
the D-U87 the K87 type, 

the M7 capsule however is my plan for the D-U47Fet wich will make this a perfect match for it,  :) :) :)
Hope this helps,

Dany,

Volume11 said:
Hi, I am still learning about capsules and all of the choices for the different projects you offer. Is ChuckD's M7 capsule designed strictly for the u47 build, or will it work for this one (u67) as well? Obviously I will wait for your feedback on the other two that you have mentioned but, I was just curious. Thanks.

You def don't want to use an M7 with this mic. I would go with one of Eric's (tskguy) or a Peluso or a real Neumann K67.
The U67 circuit is not designed to work with an M7 style capsule.

Dave

Hello,
I would be interested in one pcb set for the IO bv12
Thanks
Ian

Well folks here we go,

So I have been lucky enough to be the very first Poctop u67 builder, Let me say a big thanks to Poctops tireless efforts the guy is truly a DIY freak and deservers nothing but our admiration!! So as soon as I finished my 67 build I started work on tweaking my capsule. After a good week of effort I feel I have what I think is pretty close to the original sound of the Neumann k67 capsule. At least I think so, the clips that I have here are the first of multiple test recordings I have planned. More will be done with our friend Wave tomorrow!! The first is me playing guitar pretty badly  :p I am a drummer by trade! 312 pre amp in to my fireface at 24 bit 44.1. Second is my very nice wife. Same setup with a pop screen, the third is a voice over test I did again same 312 to fireface setup. I also have some build pics as well. Enjoy!!

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/55530129/acoustic.wav
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/55530129/female%20vocal.wav
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/55530129/voiceover.wav

20120902_084016.jpg

20120902_084039.jpg

20120902_084103.jpg

20120902_084122.jpg

20120902_084208.jpg

20120902_084242.jpg

20120902_084352.jpg

20120903_114135.jpg

20120903_114203.jpg

20120903_114219.jpg

20120903_114233.jpg

20120903_114304.jpg

20120903_114318.jpg

20120903_114338.jpg

20120903_114709.jpg

20120903_114727.jpg

OK, I cave in.

Since I already own the original (after saving long and hard), I desperately tried not to buy the boards, but to limit myself and just help promoting this nice project.

Resistance is futile.

You win, Dany.

One external tranny set for me, please.

Hi Danny,

you bloomin' marvel!

I'd very much like to have an AMI type u67 set if possible. (Sorry, I've been away)

many, many thanks

ANdyP

Hi, please forgive my naivety, but I was referred here for my search for a U67. I honestly can't tell exactly what's being offered here. I understand what PCB's and transformers are, but I'm not so much a part of the DIY world, yet.

Is one of these something I can use to make one of my U87's a really close approximation of a U67, or is this a kit for a specific (and what is the body and head basket pictured)?

Apologies for the cluelessness.

SuperUAFan said:
Hi, please forgive my naivety, but I was referred here for my search for a U67. I honestly can't tell exactly what's being offered here. I understand what PCB's and transformers are, but I'm not so much a part of the DIY world, yet.

Is one of these something I can use to make one of my U87's a really close approximation of a U67, or is this a kit for a specific (and what is the body and head basket pictured)?

Apologies for the cluelessness.

This is your common DIY motif of replacing everything inside of a donor mic body to emulate a vintage/expensive circuit. Poctop has made a set of PCB's that fit into the similar-but-not-exactly-the-same Cathedral Pipes U-67/U-87 style donor mic body. The transformer is purchased seperately from one of the shortlist of manufacturers that produces a U-67 style transformer (which PCB you order is based on which transformer you want to use). The capsule is purchased in the same manner. Electronics are sourced from an online vendor like Mouser or Digikey.

I'm not sure if the available PCB's will fit in an original U-87, but someone more knowledgable on that front should chime in soon.

-James-

If they're still available I'd love 2 x u87 for U67 body PCBs
and 2 x AMI style U67 PCB Kits

Cheers
Jon

HellfireStudios said:

This is your common DIY motif of replacing everything inside of a donor mic body to emulate a vintage/expensive circuit. Poctop has made a set of PCB's that fit into the similar-but-not-exactly-the-same Cathedral Pipes U-67/U-87 style donor mic body. The transformer is purchased seperately from one of the shortlist of manufacturers that produces a U-67 style transformer (which PCB you order is based on which transformer you want to use). The capsule is purchased in the same manner. Electronics are sourced from an online vendor like Mouser or Digikey.

I'm not sure if the available PCB's will fit in an original U-87, but someone more knowledgable on that front should chime in soon.

-James-

James, thank you very much!

Can not resist any longer...
damn it , me neither .

i´d like to preorder one set for external transformers , as well.

(though i´m still waiting on the measurements of the PCB´s . fits XY body is for those who build their own bodies a little few information.
you think you could post them , very pretty please !)

Back