Vintage Tube & Vintage FET Microphone PCB Kit For DIY & New D7 Custom Capsule

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
poctop said:
I have been working on validating the last details regarding mouting the AMI boards and last fine tuning regarding the Clearance of the track pad in respect to th railing and position,  fit in the mic boady and hole tolerance ,  I am pleased to annonce that all my concerns on this have been validated ,

here some
AMI  or External Board Mounting Hints and clearance railing test,  :)

and Yes this is My favourite Celebration beers the Boddingtons  ;D

Terrebonne-20120913-00476.jpg

Terrebonne-20120913-00477.jpg

Terrebonne-20120913-00478.jpg

Terrebonne-20120913-00479.jpg

Terrebonne-20120913-00480.jpg

Terrebonne-20120913-00483.jpg

Terrebonne-20120913-00484.jpg

Terrebonne-20120913-00485.jpg

Terrebonne-20120913-00486.jpg

Terrebonne-20120913-00492.jpg

Terrebonne-20120913-00493.jpg

Terrebonne-20120913-00495.jpg

Terrebonne-20120913-00496.jpg

Terrebonne-20120913-00498.jpg

Terrebonne-20120913-00499.jpg

Terrebonne-20120913-00500.jpg

Terrebonne-20120913-00501.jpg
Hey Dany, I am now to this point in the build and I was curious as to how you actually mounted the transformer in relation to the rails. Did you mount the pcb first, then solder the transformer from the other side, making it basically permanently mounted? I'd like to have the option of removing the transformer without desoldering it. I was thinking of cutting away some of the rails on the side that the pcb won't be mounted to.

The things is that the PCB take cares of the connection for the tranformer but that can be done manually if you look at one of my pitcure in the WM at the end i did not use the pcb and mounted the tranformer on the side inside the bottom end of the mic ,  so at this point i sont see no problem using it that way ,  this is the beauty of DIY  ;),  but it is easier to use the mouting pcb for the AMI if you plan to remove it just dont use too much solder a tad of it will do just fine , 

hope this  helps,
Dan,

Mzaar said:
poctop said:
tommypiper said:
OH, I took too long ...  :(
Are you going to do another run?
I am planning to but I will wait a bit as i would like to have some feeback first ,
interested in 2 DU67 and 1 DU47fet if another run  :)

as soon as the initial feedback comes in i will check on having another run,
I will keep you posted,
thanks,
dAn,

dAn, i would like to build u67 or u87 (or both)... i don't come often enough on the forum to know when it's ready is there a way to get specific newsletter on your release ?
(+ i have a virus alert on the first page because of images from "odysseedupixel[DOT]fr" of this forum so i can't read if important informations there)

dgoszillai said:
dAn, i would like to build u67 or u87 (or both)... i don't come often enough on the forum to know when it's ready is there a way to get specific newsletter on your release ?
(+ i have a virus alert on the first page because of images from "odysseedupixel[DOT]fr" of this forum so i can't read if important informations there)

You can enable notifications via email for each thread you have posted in. So you would push the notify button next to the reply button at the top or bottom of the page and that way when Dany updates the availability of the PCBs on the thread, you will be notified that a new reply has been posted. It will email you for every new post not just Dany's (specifically) though.

Hope that helps,
Dave

Hey guys, am I suppose to match the numbers on the jack to the numbers on the pcb when wiring it up? I was under the impression that the red wire, #4, was B+ but, if I match the numbers up then yellow goes to B+. Am I looking at this wrong? I matched the pin out numbers on the mic jack to the cable. On the schematic it shows mic 1 - 7, and it matches the pcb, obviously but, I would hate to proceed and mess something up.

Volume11,

You may be better served by asking build questions in the build thread. It will also assist other builders that may have the same question!

Eric

shipped orders today,
thanks All,
Dan,

tskguy said:
Volume11,

You may be better served by asking build questions in the build thread. It will also assist other builders that may have the same question!

Eric
My bad, I'll pay closer attention next time. Almost finished, can't wait to fire it up.

Hi everybody,

I'm new on this forum and i'm really interested by the PCB of the U47fet and U87
i've just two question :

1 - The U47fet's PCB was Sold Out ! When y 'will be a new stock ?
2 - The U47fet's transformer it is the Sowter 1303 ? Where buy it ? On the sowter's website i've not find the 1303 !

Thank You

PS : Sorry for my bad english, i'm french !

BigDad said:
Hi everybody,

I'm new on this forum and i'm really interested by the PCB of the U47fet and U87
i've just two question :

1 - The U47fet's PCB was Sold Out ! When y 'will be a new stock ?

A: i am waiting for initial feedback before i issue another batch ,  hope to be really soon,

2 - The U47fet's transformer it is the Sowter 1303 ? Where buy it ? On the sowter's website i've not find the 1303 !

A: contact direct Brian sowter [email protected]

Thank You

PS : Sorry for my bad english, i'm french !  A: your english is fine,

Really thanks poctop !

I think i go to wait the U47fet's pcb for buy the two mic's pcb in same times ! Meanwhile i will contact Brian Sowter !

Thanks and Great Job poctop !

strangeandbouncy said:
Hi Dany,

still not arrived here in UK. Should I be worried? Anyone else in UK received yet?

Kindest regards,

ANdyP

Hi Andy ,  I have shipped your order on september 16 th,  in the very worst case scenario it may take up to 6 weeks but is usually much quicker than that ,  give still a bit of time and if you did not receive anything after week 6
i will send you a replacement order,  Hang in there i hope it should be really soon ,once again i am sorry to make you wait such a long time ,
Best ,
Dany,

Back