Vintage Tube & Vintage FET Microphone PCB Kit For DIY & New D7 Custom Capsule

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, I haven't been able to find any information on the transformer you use on the D-U47FET. Which type do you use and where can I buy it from?

Scrappersa said:
Hey, I haven't been able to find any information on the transformer you use on the D-U47FET. Which type do you use and where can I buy it from?

these a few options,

Marik on this Forum,
AmI -T49
Cinemag 2480 smaller core but very impressive ,
sowter 1303  core in a can or not info in this thread,
the CM20110 is very big  ;D  but depends on your mic body will not fit alctron type i belive
or any other fun mic out traffo with a ratio of about 9:1  and a nice core size,
might hauffe or even Jensen would have some can version of those.
hope this helps,

Thanks poctop. I just read through the thread and saw some of those options. Which one do you like the best so far, and which one closest resembles the one used in the real one?

I also saw that people are trying to figure out which capsule to use. Do you know of any good K47 style capsules made?

Scrappersa said:
Thanks poctop. I just read through the thread and saw some of those options. Which one do you like the best so far, and which one closest resembles the one used in the real one?

as the traffo will come in i will be able to test them and find out,  still waiting on my T49 and i have an original traffo coming my way , it has been sent somewhere  ;D  for a complete analysis, i have the 2480 in there for now and the next one to go in back the mic will be my original preference to come soon,

I also saw that people are trying to figure out which capsule to use. Do you know of any good K47 style capsules made?
there is tons of K47 outhere from dieffrent supplier it really depends on your budget  ;)
I started testing with the Peluso K47 at the moment ,
Hope this helps,
Best,
Dan,

poctop said:
these a few options,

Marik on this Forum,
AmI -T49
Cinemag 2480 smaller core but very impressive ,
sowter 1303  core in a can or not info in this thread,
the CM20110 is very big  ;D  but depends on your mic body will not fit alctron type i belive
or any other fun mic out traffo with a ratio of about 9:1  and a nice core size,
might hauffe or even Jensen would have some can version of those.
hope this helps,

In your opinion, what's the best transformer for this project ? I trying to say, the one who have the best sound with regard to the original ! (who fit in alctron mic body of preference  ;D)
Thanks

I am to build another one so it will be evn more effective for testing , I suspect the T49 to be in the top 3 for now including the original i am looking forward to try Marik transformer as well as the Sowter 1303 as premium candidate.  as i did not try all yet it will be very hard to formulate and there will be probably more options to come soon also  ;),  When will see some D-47Fet build outhere this will even be better for eveveryone,

Best,
DAn.,

Important Note For the U67 build
The only 2 parts that is not (Europe 230V) compatible is the hammond 20VAC and the PSU pilot Lamp wich is 120V everything else is fine except the fuse will need to be 0.1A instead of a 0.2A for north America, you will need a minimun 6VA traffo for the filament side,
alternative part number are discussed in this thread here : http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=49675.20

Hey guys dont forget I have plenty of u67 and u87 capsules available for these projects, please check out my WM thread or send me a PM!!!!

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=49859.0

Thanks
Tskguy

Hello Groupdiy community,
  I bought a u87 pcb v1.1 from a friend who is a
member here.  So excited to build it!
Thank you poctop and all awesome contributors :)
Tskguy, seriously considering your cool capsule too.
Gonna take it all slow and get it right.
I can build and fix guitar amps, but this is
Über newb territory!  Let the reading begin....
Andy G.

andyfromdenver said:
Hello Groupdiy community,
  I bought a u87 pcb v1.1 from a friend who is a
member here.  So excited to build it!
Thank you poctop and all awesome contributors :)
Tskguy, seriously considering your cool capsule too.
Gonna take it all slow and get it right.
I can build and fix guitar amps, but this is
Über newb territory!  Let the reading begin....
Andy G.

thanks For the Kind word , Welcome to the Club,
Best,
Dan,

Back