Vintage Tube & Vintage FET Microphone PCB Kit For DIY & New D7 Custom Capsule

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shipped to us this morning ,
Best,
Dan,

thanks All,
Shipping today, To Austria , and uS,  :)

Best,
Dan,

Shipped Everything Today, :)
Best,
Dan,

Shipped this morning to Sweden and USA,

Best,
DAn,

Shipped all paid orders as of Today , :)

thanks All,

Best,
DAn,

Shipped all paid orders,

Thanks,

Best,  :)
dAn,

Shipped to France today, Thanks,.
:)

Dan,

Anybody tried to build the M269C kit for a real U87ai?

I've always been tempted by the InnerTube kit, but it's rather costly, and if this M269C kit would fit the U87ai, I would expect the result to be as good or even better?
Would the challenge be mainly in the metal-work to hold the boards?

Regards,

characterstudios

characterstudios said:
Anybody tried to build the M269C kit for a real U87ai?

I've always been tempted by the InnerTube kit, but it's rather costly, and if this M269C kit would fit the U87ai, I would expect the result to be as good or even better?
Would the challenge be mainly in the metal-work to hold the boards?

Regards,

characterstudios

The mic pcb has been design for something a little bigger but i never tried it to adapt it for the real U87 body as almost no one get them them cheap,  but if you do have a enclosure of a real U87AI and wanted to see and take the challenge on fitting it inside then i will offer you a free kit if you promise to supply us with your picture along the way  ;),

Best,
DAn <

Hey, that's awesome, I'll settle for trying this with my U87ai! I'll start by just seeing if I can get the board itself to fit, if that doesn't work, I will of course send you back the kit!

I'll PM you to arrange for shipping (which I will pay for).

Regards,

characterstudios

micaddict said:
Win-win...
win.

:)

Win-win... win indeed :) This forum is made of win!

Just sent Dan the payment, I'll be updating the thread with pictures when I start working on this.

Regards,

characterstudios

Order Shipping this morning,
Dan,

characterstudios said:
Hey, that's awesome, I'll settle for trying this with my U87ai! I'll start by just seeing if I can get the board itself to fit, if that doesn't work, I will of course send you back the kit!

I'll PM you to arrange for shipping (which I will pay for).

Regards,

characterstudios

It's what I love about this forum...filled with classy guys! (And maybe gals too?  :eek:)

Shipped to UsA this morning ,

Dan,

Received the boards mid-week, and had some time tonight to take a quick pic with the amplifier of a U87ai to the side.

Thanks Dan!

Sorry for the crappy picture.

I think the whole thing might just fit, but will almost certainly have to get someone involved to do some machining on the metalwork for a new frame/connector that has a tiny bit more vertical space. Also need to figure out a way to make the top-connector to connect easily with the pins on the capsule head. Good times ahead, a perfect winter project :)

Regards,

characterstudios

Attachments

• IMG_0014.JPG
    IMG_0014.JPG
    129.8 KB · Views: 31
characterstudios said:
Received the boards mid-week, and had some time tonight to take a quick pic with the amplifier of a U87ai to the side.

Thanks Dan!

Sorry for the crappy picture.

I think the whole thing might just fit, but will almost certainly have to get someone involved to do some machining on the metalwork for a new frame/connector that has a tiny bit more vertical space. Also need to figure out a way to make the top-connector to connect easily with the pins on the capsule head. Good times ahead, a perfect winter project :)

Great Keep me in the loop as the cold season goes,
Best,
dan,

Regards,

characterstudios

Back