Vintage Tube & Vintage FET Microphone PCB Kit For DIY & New D7 Custom Capsule

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Dany, Any plans on doing another batch of M49 PCB's? I finally got my D-EF47 up and running last month... wow, what a mic. I fancy a go at a couple of M49's next, the bug has bitten!
Many thanks,
Richard

EDIT: Ah, I see it's to do with the styroflex caps which must be out of stock, not the PCB's.. No worries!

There is the Good News ,  thanks to Santas

Central Semi has decided to offer the 3819 again to the public ,
this is a vey nice part with very low  and constant idss,

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Central-Semiconductor/2N3819?qs=sGAEpiMZZMvDjfggS9kWsemihYCU8ViWI4XW6jNH1TQ%3D&fbclid=IwAR1-t4Mv7WQsacaZQu0-5OnFibjxhvSgloRcVHNHphBYJuSfymQfl2Pw15c

TLRT said:
The capsule has very good mid-forward sound, the overall tone is absolutely comparable to our original vf14 equipped U48,however it lack some bass "growl",but I made only EF800 clones yet - which is a different design than the original. Will prepare some proper tests soon.

So, I am finally in the assembly process. I am doing a u48/VF14 circuit. By looking at the u48 schematic, it would appear as if the H+ is supplied through R4 and "tied/proportional" to B+. I have completed 4 EF800 mics and PSUs. For those models There was a trimmable H+ through its own conductor from the PSU. This appears not to be the case for the VF14 circuit. I am using a D-EF47 PSU pcb. I assume I just build it, as is, and only use the B+, ignoring the H+ section for now. I'm looking for some confirmation before diving in...

Attachments

• layout__D48_VF14.jpg
    layout__D48_VF14.jpg
    744.2 KB · Views: 79
...not only was that an incomplete schematic, but this is not the appropriate thread for the information I seek. Once I am on the right track, I will start a u48 build thread. I cannot seem to find one, otherwise.

Attachments

• schematic_D-48_VF14.jpg
    schematic_D-48_VF14.jpg
    414 KB · Views: 92
iturnknobs said:
...not only was that an incomplete schematic, but this is not the appropriate thread for the information I seek. Once I am on the right track, I will start a u48 build thread. I cannot seem to find one, otherwise.

Please do. Don't wait, just start the thread with what you know now and the qustions you have but call it a build thread U48 with Dany's boards. I built mine with a modified divider for the capsule bias voltage and would like to compare notes. I haven't yet tested my mic as I'm waiting on my transformer.

All PCB are back in stock on the web store,
Best,
Dan,

Hi All,  things have been pretty hectic lately ,
but all pcb model should be in stock in 2 weeks time ,  i had a lot of request for the EF47 so there will be available soon ,
thanks for your patience ,
Best,
Dan,

Hi Dany. Jimi Ray here. I tried to order a full set of D-U47FET ROUND PCB's (with the transformer mount board). Went to check out and PayPal responded that they were out of stock. Any chance of getting some more in?

Back