MA1 GERMANIUM mic pre support thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi EveryboDIY!

I'm proud to introduce my new twin!
The DI is amazing (bass), it's like no need to reamp on bass amplificator... The mic preamp is awesome!
Some people talk about dark sound on mics...It's true but not on bad way, just thick, warm with all details!
Maybe I'm the first who using MA-1 with Cinemag in and out and I do not have the necessary distance to say something about the others transfos but I'm happy and already loved them!
Thanks Pier! Never give up the WORK!!!

Attachments

• WP_20150701_002.jpg
    WP_20150701_002.jpg
    705.2 KB · Views: 105
I'll join the choir.  :)

Here's my babies.
Great kit and super support!
Been bugging Pier with stuff and I've always gotten fast and friendly answers.  Actually, do you ever rest? :)

Sound is way better than I thought it would be even though I had high expectations.  So far LOVE  it on bass, and vocals. Can't wait to get some drum recordings done with these bad boys.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 98
ppa said:
this is the holes for haufe st8456

MA1%20top%20prova1%20haufe%20reduced.JPG

on blue the holes for primaries and green for secondary

Hi,

i've ordered a haufe st8456 transformer, but my revision of the MA1 doesn't have the holes for the Haufe.
Is it possible to adapt the Haufe?  Wich holes are the right?

Thanks

Ericbazaar said:
ppa said:
this is the holes for haufe st8456

MA1%20top%20prova1%20haufe%20reduced.JPG

on blue the holes for primaries and green for secondary

Hi,

i've ordered a haufe st8456 transformer, but my revision of the MA1 doesn't have the holes for the Haufe.
Is it possible to adapt the Haufe?  Wich holes are the right?

Thanks

Hi,
Yes, it's possible, just to use the [Silent:art] 's adaptor that's available on white market at his thread
here http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=39570.0

thanks for your question
best regards
Pier Paolo

Ericbazaar said:
i ordered my Haufe from Volker, he send me the Adapter for free....:eek:....Awesome Guy!!

thanks for reply Pier

I have bought the haufe transformers from him so I have tested the adapter. It's very good for MA1. 

Pimp my MA1
Litz plus Lundahl make things even better  :D

Attachments

• Litz_Lundahl.JPG
    Litz_Lundahl.JPG
    322.7 KB · Views: 103
I have a friend's MA1 in the bench.  Q2 & Q4 were inserted backwards (not reversed).  Now the unit passes signal, up to about +24 dBu, but draws WAY too much current.  Q2, Q4, R29 & R31 get very hot.  3.9 VDC across R29 & R31.  Bases of Q2 & Q4 at about 10.8 VDC +/- rails are at about 11 VDC.  Suggestions?
Thanks!
Best,
Bruno2000

It was the output transistors.  They checked OK on my Atlas meter, but changed them out as you suggested and now everything runs cool.
Thanks so much for the tip.
Best,
Bruno2000

Hi all, i am finally putting this kit together... i got the kit with all resistors etc... and i am wondering on some values... For example R6 should be 27ohm which should give me red-purple-black-gold-brown but the resistor i have is red-purple-yellow-gold-brown which is 27,4 ohm... Or am i missing something?

Same thing goes to the 10Mohm one. My resistor is brown-brown-black-green-brown thats 11Mohm...

I am new to figuring out colours and values but somehow this feels already odd... Could anyone show me some light?

Manu

Latest posts

Back