APP992 thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ppa

This is the support thread for the assembly work and infos on the APP studio ing. APP992 DOA.

thanks for looking and also using this space.

Hello Pier,

I've seen you're doing them as kits now,do you ship them with additional infos like parts placaement or schematics?
Would like to build and test them on sontecs etc.
Thank you for this thread!

Best regards,

Udo.

kante1603 said:
Hello Pier,

I've seen you're doing them as kits now,do you ship them with additional infos like parts placaement or schematics?
Would like to build and test them on sontecs etc.
Thank you for this thread!

Best regards,

Udo.

Hi Udo,

yes, there are datasheet, schematic, bill of material, silkscreen, and assembly manual and high resolution photos (the manual's photos have however a very good resolution).
BTW the kitset has all components to assembly it. The FETs are very matched pair and selected.
Transistors are ONsemi (Motorola) and the out trasistors are ST.

thanks
kind regards
Pier Paolo

Hi Pier,

have received the build docs from you,thanks for that!
While reading through it the long pins confused me a bit.
Am I right that your DOA is mounted "upside down" to the sockets?Have only done gar2520s so far,and it seems that yours is plugged in with the solder side (or better:bottom layer) showing upwards.Would be nice if you could confirm that.

Thanks in advance,

best regards,

Udo.

kante1603 said:
Hi Pier,

have received the build docs from you,thanks for that!
While reading through it the long pins confused me a bit.
Am I right that your DOA is mounted "upside down" to the sockets?Have only done gar2520s so far,and it seems that yours is plugged in with the solder side (or better:bottom layer) showing upwards.Would be nice if you could confirm that.

Thanks in advance,

best regards,

Udo.

yes, they are mounted "upside down" to the socket.

Hello Pier,

finally found the time to assemble my 8 DOAs.
Easy to build,although I might change the order of populating a bit the next time.
Have put a transparent shrink tube on one BD transistor which is very close to a diode leg (Q7/D4).
I´m quite curious about their sound,will start testing them next weekend or so.

Thank you very much for these Pier,I had a lot of fun building them.

Best regards,

Udo.

Attachments

• Top.jpg
    Top.jpg
    274.1 KB · Views: 620
kante1603 said:
Hello Pier,

finally found the time to assemble my 8 DOAs.
Easy to build,although I might change the order of populating a bit the next time.
Have put a transparent shrink tube on one BD transistor which is very close to a diode leg (Q7/D4).
I´m quite curious about their sound,will start testing them next weekend or so.

Thank you very much for these Pier,I had a lot of fun building them.

Best regards,

Udo.

Hi Udo,

very good!

regarding the Q7 and D4, another solution is to bend Q7 outward, one mm of distance between them is good.

Pier Paolo

ppa said:
Hi Udo,

very good!

regarding the Q7 and D4, another solution is to bend Q7 outward, one mm of distance between them is good.

Pier Paolo
Thank you Pier,

yes,doable,but I already had the Transistors soldered in before the diodes.A lot of ways lead to rome,hahaha.... ;D
Maybe solder the DOAs from low to high parts will make it ;)

Best regards,

Udo.

Hello,

I'm using them in two F76 compressors in a live situation (lead vox) as well as in the studio,day by day for around six weeks now.
They're running on +/-24vdc as output stage.
I must say that they are really wide and open sounding DOAs,they have a huge precision!
Definetely highly recommended,I think I'll try them on sontecs next time.

Thank you very much Pier Paolo,you have done a great work here,I'm really lucky with them!

Best regards from germany,

Udo.

kante1603 said:
Hello,

I'm using them in two F76 compressors in a live situation (lead vox) as well as in the studio,day by day for around six weeks now.
They're running on +/-24vdc as output stage.
I must say that they are really wide and open sounding DOAs,they have a huge precision!
Definetely highly recommended,I think I'll try them on sontecs next time.

Thank you very much Pier Paolo,you have done a great work here,I'm really lucky with them!

Best regards from germany,

Udo.

thank you very much for your comments

Pier Paolo

Hi pier, just got the 992 kits, little dwarfs seemed have visited the parcel and build one of the kits for me !!! :D ;D
thanks for that !!
-could you also send me the docs, maybe i could do it step by step just looking at the (ready build one) , but in the middle of the board components are hard to see

greets and thanks again

axel

Axelerator said:
Hi pier, just got the 992 kits, little dwarfs seemed have visited the parcel and build one of the kits for me !!! :D ;D
thanks for that !!
-could you also send me the docs, maybe i could do it step by step just looking at the (ready build one) , but in the middle of the board components are hard to see

greets and thanks again

axel

Hi Axel

scuse me for the missing docs , I have sent them by email.

Pier Paolo

I have just tested the APP992DIP that's the APP992 for DIP8,
it is available also in dual DOA version.

APP992DIP can replace many IC opamps in many applications,
But APP992DIP has a much higher quiescent current vs. many IC opamps so before using them it is important to have a look if the PSU can give this higher current. 
BTW APP992DIP has reduced quiescent current vs. APP992. (APP992DIP has +/- 14 mA of quiescent current only) 

I have designed it to upgrade consoles and many gears that use IC opamp.

Latest posts

Back