Neumann U47FET Clone: D-U47 FET Microphone Project PCB Build thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rlucas41 said:
Hello folks,
I wanted to post a picture and sound clip of my U47fet... what a great mic this is! I have built two of them now both with the Cinemag MM13101 transformer and the MicAndMod vintage 47 capsule...
The clip is of an acoustic guitar track I did with a Gibson J45>U47fet>Redd 47>RS124>RME Fireface 800

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wfcpbvmfqoofzi3/Berts%20Acoustic%20guitar_05.wav?dl=0

Did you notice the noise in this recording ?
Its great sounding but theres a buzzing ?

short question,
will the thiersch capsule mount holder will fit a t-bone sct700 body, or is the holder to high ?
Maybe someone hast already experience with it.

TillM said:
short question,
will the thiersch capsule mount holder will fit a t-bone sct700 body, or is the holder to high ?
Maybe someone hast already experience with it.

Thats what I wanted to know too, so looks like a Thiersch is suitable for this Fet47 mic then ?

You're in Europe (like Thiersch), but there's this new trade treaty between Canada and the EU. Britain is still in (and later on there may be a Commonwealth deal?). Anyway, our own Dany (maker of the D-U47fet PCB that this thread is about) makes an M7, too.

Also, the Canadian dollar is relatively cheap. As is the Aussie dollar BTW (BeesNeez K7). Ben and Veronica are members here, as well.

And while I'm at, Eric (HK47) is a fellow member, too. But he's in the US. FWIW.

By the looks of it here on the forum that will work well with both this D-U47 Kit and the Valve U47 Kit from ioaudio
I hope so anyway :D

The thiersch capsule Im still not sure about so If anyone knows if their holder I can get working with the T-bone sct700 body, or that Alctron GT-2B  let us know, cheers!

micaddict
Cheers, Ive heard some samples by Chunger and I felt like I like the sound of Eric (HK47) and the Thiersch M7 most, Erics has more top end and Thierch M7 has more body and depth and I really like both and really dig how great it is people are making such good Capsules

Now the Bees capsules from Ben and Veronica are also really nice but felt a bit too dark for what I need for my next recordings.

Danny is in Canada is he ?

Now the Bees capsules from Ben and Veronica are also really nice but felt a bit too dark for what I need for my next recordings.

From what I recall, the one in the Chunger sample is the BeesNeez M7, not the K7.
The latter gets great reviews. And it was Klaus' favourite after the Neumann FWIW.

Aha!! Ok thats interesting, do you know of any audio samples floating around that use that capsule ?

Hi,
I m going to start a 47fet build and would like to know what is the correct height of capsule in an original ( from headbasket plate to capsule center)?

Thanks.

Hi, i want to build this, i ordered the transformer and components and body, but then when i tried to order the pcb it said it is unavailable, what can i do? somebody please help. i'm worried i wasted money

i emailed him, waiting on a response. i'm just a very nervous person and sometimes i do foolish things and i'm praying this wasn't a foolish thing. i'm antsy waiting for a response so i thought i'd try here. thanks for responding.
i guess the other option is if there is another pcb that would fit the gt-2b  body that creates a 47 fet. if anyone knows of one, please help me out. i am nervous i did something dumb.

sebastianzet said:
i emailed him, waiting on a response. i'm just a very nervous person and sometimes i do foolish things and i'm praying this wasn't a foolish thing. i'm antsy waiting for a response so i thought i'd try here. thanks for responding.
i guess the other option is if there is another pcb that would fit the gt-2b  body that creates a 47 fet. if anyone knows of one, please help me out. i am nervous i did something dumb.

just wait until Dany have them back in stock.
There is no another PCB except Dany's.
You don't did something dumb or wrong. Just wait until it get back in stock.
If you are nervous, chill down. You have to learn to wait when you do DIY mics.

Cool mic :)

I just made one with a K47 capsule and a FAB V8F transformer.  It's about 7db quieter than my 251, for example, but I'm highly impressed by the sound so far.  Great build :)

I used a T.Bone SCT 700 body.  Was a bit tight and I had to cut away a bit of metal but it works!

Attachments

• D47 FET 1.JPG
    D47 FET 1.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 48
Nice build, congrats!!!!

Can somebody confirm me a proper connection between FAB V8F transformer and Poctop´s u47fet pcb?

Black wire ......................................to BL pin on the pcb
Red wire .........................................to VI pin on th pcb
Blue wire ........................................to BR pin on the pcb
Yellow wire....................................to RT pin on the pcb
Brown wires ..................................to Chassis or GND pin on the pcb

Thanks

M.

Back