Neumann U47FET Clone: D-U47 FET Microphone Project PCB Build thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sound of this mic is beautiful!!!

I used Fab V8F transfomer and Maiku k47 capsule. Some vintage Tesla resistors. Transformer fits very well with plastic "L brackets"...

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    602.2 KB · Views: 146
Is the T-bone SCT700 the closest to the GT2B body for the U47 FET or is there a very close body to the original Neuman U47FET ?

Here's another mod  using a T-Bone SCT 700. The FAB V8 FET transformer fits using a couple of cable ties to secure.

Attachments

• thumbnail_D47 FET 3.jpg
    thumbnail_D47 FET 3.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 122
EvLoutonian said:
Cheers, Enchilada!
Do you mind posting a pic of how you got the XLR insert to stay securely in the base of the Equinox body kit?
Much appreciated.

I know this is an old topic, but I just got an old Equinox U47 body that's missing the XLR connector (binder connector, I think is what it's called). Can you tell me how you solved getting an XLR connector in your mic body and which one you used?
Thanks

I just finished my 2nd U47fet and I'm having trouble with the mic cuting on and off about every 30 seconds with a pop.  I did get some alcohol on the back of traces where polystyrenes are.? Anyone had a similar prob,  thanks in advance

Hi all
I m starting me too!!!
PCB are ordered (poctop ;))
I want a GT2B body
and a thiersch capsule
Do you know What STS are ok?

Thanks a lot for this forum!!!

Christopher L said:
I just finished my 2nd U47fet and I'm having trouble with the mic cuting on and off about every 30 seconds with a pop.  I did get some alcohol on the back of traces where polystyrenes are.? Anyone had a similar prob,  thanks in advance

you should verify your configuration at the 200 or 220M ohm pad , make sure you solder it in the no r+ pad if using the 220M resistor ,
Hope this helps,
Dan,

ilikeit said:
Hi all
I m starting me too!!!
PCB are ordered (poctop ;))
I want a GT2B body
and a thiersch capsule
Do you know What STS are ok?

Thanks a lot for this forum!!!

Anyone??

I suppose Sts is the type of Thiersh's capsule mount as he offer different models.
If you want to stay thru to the original it should be the 58mm type (i say it should because it seems the capsule height is the same than 47 tube, but i never had a definitive answer about that.).
Anyway the capsule mount and headbasket of gt2 is different from an original so it should not matter too much.

Well acoustic guitar could be difficult.
But I’ve a vocal snipped.
Just pm me your email and I’ll send you everything.

I use a Thiersch M7 redline Capsule.
But I’ll change them when my Maiku k47 Capsule arrive, cause I want to use the thiersch in my M49.

TillM said:
I had do it.
It just sounds good.
I used it with a Thiersch M7.
Used it on my Bassdrum.
Just tell me, what kind of soundfiles you need.

Hi TillM
What is the body of your microphone?
If it is a GT2B what is the height of your thiersch capsule holder?
Thanks!

Yes I take the Tbone sct700 body, which is the same.
The mount is the smallest you get from Thiersch.
Should be 52mm high.
Don’t forget to take a small acrylic plate under the holder.

Back