Neve 1073 DPD

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ljupcopavlovski

Please somebody help with identification for this IC on Neve 1073 DPD...My tech located defect in this IC but there is not info over net about this IC..We have not scheme for neve DPD and sending in factory its not option[its take too much time and money for shipping to England and back]...Please if someone can identify this IC and which ic its compatible ...thanks in advance

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    472.7 KB · Views: 56
haha

BTW weird tech you have, the identification is clearly stated on the IC AND with that famous "T"
EDIT: That "T" wasn't famous for me either when i started of course, but since you said tech......anyway

T.

I am no sure but probably its in line input Neve 1073 DPD have transformer balanced signal for mic and electronically balanced line in....

kato said:
To be fair, the DPD is their version with digital outs. The chip is most likely there to receive the insert direct to the converters.

Still, I don't support their ludicrous assertion of owning a legitimate Neve pedigree. The fact is: AMS make neve clones, same as Vintech, Phoenix Audio, Brent Averill, et al. Theirs are probably the least authentic of the bunch.

i have to dissagree. the ams neve stuff is very well build and sounds good (let alone the line inputs - i have never used them). how can you even mention a company like phoenix? it has nothing to do with neve design at all! build like a toy.... sounds like a toy. impossible to do any service work (due to glueing their "ingenius" opamp in plastic glue)  the knobs look simliar thouh :) i do have my experience with this company and no - they do no build pro gear in my opinion. companies like bae, ams, heritage etc do though.
if one even needs the "neve" sound is an entirely different discussion.... personally i dont. i much prefer the german tube preamps for basically everything.

Enjoy the vacation! I'll be anxious to see your layout.

I did finally wire the original layout, with the big 2200uF cap hot-glued to the front panel. It passes signal but looks like hell. I'm going to move it to a separate enclosure farther away from the power supply.

Latest posts

Back