Yamaha PM1000 modules

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elk Latham

Hi everyone,
I'm in the process of racking four PM1000 modules in two 2 rack space chassis. I've got schematics from the PM1000 manual. But I was wondering if someone might have a service manual in a PDF format that they could Email me.

I'm also trying to find a place to order high voltage regulators to build power supplies for these modules. The power supplies need to have a 44, and 48 volt rail. I'm still working on my part sourcing chops, and for some reason I'm having a hell of a time finding regulators to fit the requirement. :?
Recommendations on which regulators to use are greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Elk

I racked a pair of PM1000's over the weekend..I used a 48 volt linear power one..As directed here for the b+ 44 volt rail, I simply attched 5 diodes in series from the power supply + to the modules b+ input making it about 44.5 volts..I simply left the phantom at 48 right off the supply..seems to be working really well..the modules don't draw much current so the .5 amp supply was more than enough..hope this helps

Ray

Thanks rafafredd.
I had some general confusion about the LM317 that made me think that it wouldn?t work. But after another look at the data sheet cleared it up.
As long as I stay within the differential voltage requirement, I'm good to go.

Thanks
Elk

Thanks rafafredd.
I had some general confusion about the LM317 that made me think that it wouldn?t work. But after another look at the data sheet cleared it up.
As long as I stay within the differential voltage requirement, I'm good to go.

Thanks
Elk

raysolinski,
Your post was helpful. Thanks.

I just wanted to be clear about one thing, you?re powering both modules off of a 500mA power supply?

Sorry if this question sounds stupid.

Thanks
Elk

Yep...the modules themselves draw around 100 mA and phantom power is even less per module so I am well within the limits of the supply..I haven't had any problems so far..I am going to recap them and fiddle with the eq points...

Ray

Latest posts

Back