Made in the USA HK67 HK87 HK47 style capsules..AND NOW HK12 !!!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, an interesting cross breed for sure. And about time someone did it. The K67 has the well-known (deliberate) frequency rise that has to be corrected in the circuit. Some attempts have been made to tame the capsule itself. This can be done to some extent, still flat it is not.
A K47 hole pattern, but with a double backplate seems like a nice "best of both worlds" solution for many of the more straightforward and/or flat plotting circuits. Theoretically, I'd say it couldn't sound exactly like a K47, if only for the phase shift from the double backplate. But I do believe that with some proper hollering this concept could be a hit. Already I'm dying to hear the thing in a C12 circuit. Just one example.

Eric, is there any chance you could come up with a frequency plot?

Henk

Here is a plot of my hk47 capsule.....

Its in the G7 and sounds pretty damn good. Its actually being compaered to an original U47 in this chart.

Attachments

• frequency graph.png
    frequency graph.png
    41 KB · Views: 213
Great news!! I am glad they made the trip safely. Please let me know how they sound..

Thanks again,
Eric

Hi all,

As most of you know already I have been working on the M49 body with our boy Riggler. Just so you all know my hk47 capsule is a perfect fit for this project!! And as I am going to doing the primary shipping of the body's I can ship one of my hk47 capsules along with the body.

Here is a sound clip of the M49B  ;D ;D

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55530129/m49%20test2.wav

I can confirm that the new HK-12 capsule sounds amazing!
We put it in a C12 mic made from the Chunger/Matador kit and it's blowing me away!

Dave

Ok here is a bit more hk12 info,,

So it is a true ck12 copy. Chambered design 100% true to the original. Here are a few sound clips of the capsule pictured in one of the Chunger Matador c12's with the Chunger head basket as well.
I think it sounds pretty amazing.Clips are actually lined up so you can create a session if you want. The clips are 16/44.1 through a 9098 pre in to pro tools, and are of our friend Wave playing guitar and singing. Let me know what you guys think.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wytabw7qsf7eolf/C12%20ACG.wav
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4i4jinh73hcy9dm/C12%20Vox%206inch.wav

Yes for sure both backplates are isolated. Any opinions on th clips by the way??

Eric

I think it sounds great!

Are those WAV files raw with no effects?  Can you elaborate:

1) What kind of room they were recorded in?
2) I see the file name for the VOX says "6-inch" so I can get an impression of how close Wave was to the mike.  How about similar details for the mike itself on the guitar?  Where was the mike in relation to the player, etc?

Yes!!

The wav files are 16 bit 44.1 no effects are processing, The room is a slightly treated maybe 10 by 12 feet in size and yes Dave was 6 inches away in that recording. The guitar was miced off axis at the 12th fret at about 10 inches or more away. Dave wasnt very happy with the strings, he metioned multiple times they were pretty dead. The mic is your kit with the single layer mesh basket that Chunger made. And my c12 proto. 

Eric

Hey Eric,

Out of fear of not being able to get a CT12 capsule anytime soon and the long waiting list that has built up for that capsule, I purchased 2 RK-12 Capsules for when Chungers ELAM 251 and C12 are available again. My question is will you offer the same re-skin service you currently offer for the 87 and 67?

Back