Coil winder in Perth..... better be quick

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timothytitus88

Hey all,

I was not able to pick it up....... but perhaps there is someone else in Perth that is interested in this stuff.....

In Perth (OZ) we have yearly "verge collections" where people pile up their junk on the verge once a year and the council collects it.

On the side of the road on Flinders st in Yokine (near the corner of Blythe ave) is what looks like an old coil / transformer winding machine, and some other kind of associated machinery (including some kind of metal press / notching machine) and bags and bags of what looks like that phenolic stuff that separates layers on a transformer. Sadly, no laminations. Looks like there is a bit of old photographic equipment too.

Looks like some guy who made transformers in the 60's is finally clearing out his basement. It might be crap, but it troubles me to think it will end up in landfill.

I had my daughter in the car, plus they probably would not have fitted because they are on stands. So as painful as it was, I had to leave it behind.

I would say it will be picked by the council on Monday.....

im sad to hear that its going to be in a land fill.. I would love to have a vintage coil winder. Unfortunately that is on the other side of the globe from me.

A pic is worth a thousand words, you should've posted pics. In other news, I was able to fab a pretty good coil winder after visiting the hardware and plumbing section at home depot.  Just gotta be dead on with your counting though.

Back