Nuts and washers for standard 16mm alpha pots, where?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kingston

I was cleaning up a unit and the washers and nuts or all pots were so grimy I had to wash them (isopropanol/water). Their surface black coloring had also started to peel off revealing rust. I don't want to put these back in, I need new ones.

Anyone got a clue where to get shiny new nuts and washers for the very common 16mm alpha pots? And in quantity and cheap? Finland preferably.

7261_0.jpg

[edit]

perhaps this thread should have been on the black market.

http://www.musikding.de/Montagematerial/Muttern/Mutter-M7-x-0-75-Alpha::723.html

Seems to be a standard M7 nut?

In English they are called "panel nuts". There are thinner than a standard nut. The nut in the picture looks right though.

Turns out this is harder than it seems. There's a difference between the bushings of the smooth and knurled 16mm alpha pots. They are not interchangeable.

I need the knurled shaft types. Any ideas?

Kingston said:
Turns out this is harder than it seems. There's a difference between the bushings of the smooth and knurled 16mm alpha pots. They are not interchangeable.

Are you sure about that? I have some knurled Aphas and some plain 16mm pots by BI Tech and their nuts are interchangeable - I just checked. OK, its not conclusive but if they are interchangeable between brands its likely to be so within a brand.

Cheers

Ian

ruffrecords said:
Kingston said:

Are you sure about that? I have some knurled Aphas and some plain 16mm pots by BI Tech and their nuts are interchangeable - I just checked. OK, its not conclusive but if they are interchangeable between brands its likely to be so within a brand.

Cheers

Ian

Steve Daniels from small bear electronics was the one who informed and warned me about this, but I didn't actually check until now. It seems that the nuts from the smooth shaft pots fit everything (even brand interchangeable), but the very slightly thinner knurled shaft nuts don't fit the smooth shafts.

All Taiwan-Alpha RV16 pots come with M7x0.75 nuts - see http://www.taiwanalpha.com/english/p_e_78-1.htm - unless off course someone persuaded them to do a "special edition", which they will do, if you push them with a very-big order.

That said, I have used both shaft types extensively, and NEVER had a nut-compatibility problem.

Jakob E.

Back