Different U47 Clone Comparison s

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leitrim_lad

Hey there,

just wondering has anyone compared the MK47 with beesneez capsule against the AMI-TAbfunkenwerks U47 clone with the Thiersch M7?

Would love to know your opinions on which you think is better etc

Cheers

if you refer to the original neumann U47 tube  , i have to say that the very nice sound of the original vintage u47 is done by the small tube vf14 , that was produced through special procedures now prohibited ,
I was lucky enough to use an original  U47 tube with original valve of the 40s ,while fiew recording sessions
and compare it with another original U47 tube  ,
which Too bad had been replaced the original valve with a recently produced,

(Note that since a VF14 original is very expensive and not easy to find, on the Internet there are many fake VF14 tube to which
have forged the name, and then do not sound like the real VF14)

the sound of the both mic is much similar but the U47 tube  with the original vf14 tube (a.k.a. Helmet....)
seems to have the "turbo"......

iI think the clones are still some good microphones, better than many commercially available ,
but that may not sound like the original, due to the VF14 and what has been said above,
also the original components of the time, are different from those present, due to the scarcity and cost of materials basis (for example copper, etc. ..),
alloys are used for alternative materials that are able to provide similar technical characteristics, but not with the same output for sound.

hope this help
peace
r2d2

Cheers for the reply. Ya I kinda understand the difference between the original u47 and the clones. It's more info on the difference between the 2 clones I'm looking for. Very interesting what u said. Would you have any recommendations on what tube you think would be more like the original?

r2d2 said:
if you refer to the original neumann U47 tube  , i have to say that the very nice sound of the original vintage u47 is done by the small tube vf14 , that was produced through special procedures now prohibited ,
I was lucky enough to use an original  U47 tube with original valve of the 40s ,while fiew recording sessions
and compare it with another original U47 tube  ,
which Too bad had been replaced the original valve with a recently produced,

(Note that since a VF14 original is very expensive and not easy to find, on the Internet there are many fake VF14 tube to which
have forged the name, and then do not sound like the real VF14)

the sound of the both mic is much similar but the U47 tube  with the original vf14 tube (a.k.a. Helmet....)
seems to have the "turbo"......

iI think the clones are still some good microphones, better than many commercially available ,
but that may not sound like the original, due to the VF14 and what has been said above,
also the original components of the time, are different from those present, due to the scarcity and cost of materials basis (for example copper, etc. ..),
alloys are used for alternative materials that are able to provide similar technical characteristics, but not with the same output for sound.

hope this help
peace
r2d2
I'm sorry I don't understand.
What tube was in each mic?

Latest posts

Back