PCB Grinder - New site, new guides

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmmm....why did you burn it,don't you like its' sound? ;D

O.K.,it's not too urgent,will wait until the kit is complete.
Still the question for the tubes,are they included?

Cheers,

Udo.

kante1603 said:
Hmmmm....why did you burn it,don't you like its' sound? ;D

O.K.,it's not too urgent,will wait until the kit is complete.
Still the question for the tubes,are they included?

Cheers,

Udo.

Tubes will be included.

No comment on the tone generator "burn". Destroying that was pure stupidity, but luckily, I have verified I can get it back to life again with a little Frankenstein PSU set-up on the bench. Working on  finding a suitable transformer for it now, so I can close the lid back up :)

Gustav

jordan s said:
I'm also very interested in the PQD2. Waiting patiently.

The boards are available, and I am finishing up the third unit tomorrow. I would like to include a custom power transformer with the project, and unfortunately, I doubt very much Ill have them ordered before christmas.

Gustav

dribro said:
Hi Gustav

Ordered 2 sets of PQD2 and one gssl ssc.

Thanks
Adriano

Hi Adriano.

Shipped two sets of PQD2 and a GssL SC today :)

Gustav

jordan s said:
I'm also very interested in the PQD2. Waiting patiently.

I have a target of making just ten kits, and for now, I am down the power trafo and matched tubes, which I am working out with Jakob next week.

I also thought that after a lot of experimentation, I had the 100% definite resistor chain for each control, but I am doing some final tweaks on the low boost this week :) Of course, you can always substitute your own, since its just cheap resistors, but I want to make sure this one is cool for at least my own taste.

If you want to secure one from the first batch, do a pre-order in the shop. It won't be too long now.

Gustav

kante1603 said:
One PQD2 kit ordered and paid,

thank you Gustav!

Udo.

Thanks for supporting the project! I hope it turns out as cool for you as the prototypes I have been building :)

Gustav

According to the supplier, the custom power trafos for the PQD2 kits are 3 weeks away.

You can still pre-order :)

Gustav

kante1603 said:
Drumroll........... ;D

Udo.

"Test"-building a unit to check the content of the kits. Left out 2 x 10K resistors, so have to fix that - other than that, I just need that power trafo to arrive now.

This will be the look of a pre built unit well be offering for sale (Just a few minor changes, router too large for the gain bands, angle too tight on the power button, but almost there)

Gustav

Attachments

• PQD2.jpg
    PQD2.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 51
Package received this morning!
Man,that was ultra-fast shipping,it only took 2 days from denmark to germany,great!

Thank you Gustav,

best regards from munich,

Udo.

Did the kit,here´s a pic.
Nicely packed,parts are very good matched,that must have taken ages!Thanks a lot Gustav!
Next steps is tweaking the drop resistor (some are ordered and on their way),atm I get around 210 vdc,a bit too low.
Then design a front panel etc.

Cheers,

Udo.

Attachments

• PQD2 kit.jpg
    PQD2 kit.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 75

Latest posts

Back