PCB Grinder - New site, new guides

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gyraf said:
Udo - 210V is pretty good for that circuit - it gives a very small loss in headroom, but often a much longer tube life.

Jakob E.
Thank you very much Jakob!
So  I'll be o.k. with the max. level from my interfaces which are +19dBu (+13dBu @ standard setting),output impedance is 75 Ohms?

I wonder if I should better ask this in the GPultec thread........?

Best regards,

Udo.

This project is a great
Already built 3 pieces

The use of switches Lorin MBB
eliminates the crackling sound when switching

11084281_613292012135046_7484637741928628879_n.jpg

10418151_586105911520323_9044049311544530561_n.jpg

1604782_586131911517723_8528457815990284809_n.jpg

djfatum said:
This project is a great
Already built 3 pieces

The use of switches Lorin MBB
eliminates the crackling sound when switching

11084281_613292012135046_7484637741928628879_n.jpg

10418151_586105911520323_9044049311544530561_n.jpg

1604782_586131911517723_8528457815990284809_n.jpg

Such a pretty unit :)

Where did you get the case?

Gustav

Ordered a New GssL sc ed. kit with power traffo this saturday (march 28) ! Shipping to quebec, canada. Order is still processing though..

Also, might not be the best place to ask but I was wondering how would one install Expat Audio's turbo board with the new fixed freq sidechain ? I emailed and PMed the guys at Expat with no answers and also search through the gdiy gssl help thread and found nothing.  I know you need two boards of SC usually but since there is no dedicated board for the hpf sc with this new version, that left me scratching my head.

Thanks !

- Joel

JoelCoteBergevin said:
Ordered a New GssL sc ed. kit with power traffo this saturday (march 28) ! Shipping to quebec, canada. Order is still processing though..

Also, might not be the best place to ask but I was wondering how would one install Expat Audio's turbo board with the new fixed freq sidechain ? I emailed and PMed the guys at Expat with no answers and also search through the gdiy gssl help thread and found nothing.  I know you need two boards of SC usually but since there is no dedicated board for the hpf sc with this new version, that left me scratching my head.

Thanks !

- Joel

Hi Joel.

The kit will go out on Tuesday. I believe I stated up to 5 week days processing on the site, and end of this week, including monday next week, is easter here, so its hard to get things done.  Sorry about the delay involved...

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to do the mod you wish to install, with or without an extra side chain board

Gustav

I added a few new items to the shop (Just the PCB section).

Gustav

jordan s said:
Tell us more about heater!

It won't turn bad sounds good, but the local engineers that are sitting  on prototype units seem to get a lot of mileage out of them.

Something like that?

Just build one, and let me know if its boo or hooray for you :)

Gustav

Hi Gustav

Wainting on that ms encoder board, nice one. Also added the w492 in order, long time wainting in my to do list...

So, the heater came out from your revised pultecs, it looks good! What about the sound? But too many projects in the meantime... Trying to finish 2 peq2...

Regards

dribro said:
Hi Gustav

Wainting on that ms encoder board, nice one. Also added the w492 in order, long time wainting in my to do list...

So, the heater came out from your revised pultecs, it looks good! What about the sound? But too many projects in the meantime... Trying to finish 2 peq2...

Regards

Thanks, the Ms Matrice is a nice little addition, and it was fun to work on it.

To answer your question about the HEATER, look one post above yours.  :p

Gustav

Gustav said:
Such a pretty unit :)

Where did you get the case?

Gustav

Could be wrong, but that looks like one of Frank's new cases...

http://www.frontpanels.de/nrg-case-19-enclosures/

Kaz

Added a few more items to the PCB section - some new kits coming up as well. (I prefer to sell the boards, though :) )

Gustav

VECA MS added + kits are coming (dont be afraid to pre-order. I am gathering together the final parts and getting ready to sort it all  :) )

Gustav

Gustav you are the man.... ;)

Very hapy about VECA compressor!

Can you a little explain this compressor!?You said "All-in" version of the classic VCA comp....

Cheers

iprovlek said:
Gustav you are the man.... ;)

Very hapy about VECA compressor!

Can you a little explain this compressor!?You said "All-in" version of the classic VCA comp....

Cheers

Is there anything specific you feel is not covered in the descriptions/picture of the front panel/schematic?

If you are asking about "sound", I have taught myself a little chant.

"I built it, I tweaked it so I like it, I hope you will try building it and find you like it too"

To avoid talking nonsense :)

Gustav

Back