PCB Grinder - New site, new guides

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
iprovlek said:
Thanks Gustav!

;)

no problem :)

Think of it like this - you have a chance to build a DIY tool that you can't even find as a commercial product  - well, unless you buy one of my pre-built :)

The M/S balance shift really does something, wether you end up liking it or not, and if you dont think it grabs or lets go enough, you can add to the gain steps yourself.

Gustav

Hi Gustav!

I'm building a 2-ACA-BO and wish to have some tubes as an interstage or insert and was looking at your heater and pqd2, which one of those circuits would be better suited for buss work? And would it be possible to skip the filter section of the pqd2 and just use the tube PCB with the tubes and trafos? The output of the tube stage would go to a pair of elmas for attenuating the boost then into the 2-ACA-BO booster circuit. The 2-ACA-BO is unbalanced all the way through until the 2503 trafos!

Sorry if my questions are too nooby for you!:)

XAXAU said:
Hi Gustav!

I'm building a 2-ACA-BO and wish to have some tubes as an interstage or insert and was looking at your heater and pqd2, which one of those circuits would be better suited for buss work? And would it be possible to skip the filter section of the pqd2 and just use the tube PCB with the tubes and trafos? The output of the tube stage would go to a pair of elmas for attenuating the boost then into the 2-ACA-BO booster circuit. The 2-ACA-BO is unbalanced all the way through until the 2503 trafos!

Sorry if my questions are too nooby for you!:)

I am sorry, but I dont really understand what you're asking.

I can say that the PQD2 gainstage and the HEATER are practically the same circuit, which seems to be the essence of it.

No idea what a 2-ACA-BO is.

Gustav

Nele said:
Any chance of a new Calrec EQ board run?

Cheers!
Corneel

Mail me, and I will give you a price on a panel full.

Gustav

Nele said:
Gustav said:
Mail me, and I will give you a price on a panel full.

Gustav

Mail sent! (yesterday actually)

I had a weird mail server melt down, so please try sending again (to be honest, I can't remember if I got something from you and managed to reply to it (work, work, work!))

Gustav

Nele said:
Still no reply?? Sent mail a second time a while ago..  Time to get your mail-server fixed..? :p

You should have an answer. Trying to send it again :)

As a result of this mail-server stuff, I have a fresh, clean inbox  8) . Yours was the first mail to come in, but apparently, the answer never got out.

Gustav

Someone asked me to do a panel of 4K5 earlier this year, then bailed when it was time to make the payment.

So I have a small stack of 4K5 available.

Also, check the shop for some new projects :)

Gustav

gyraf said:
..and 4K5 is not even in the E92 - what is it?

Jakob E.  ;)

Damn, youre right.

http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=42552.msg536814#msg536814 !

Gustav

Gustav said:
Someone asked me to do a panel of 4K5 earlier this year, then bailed when it was time to make the payment.

Is this for the PCBs, the panels, or both. I don't quite know what a panel of 4k5 means. Forgive me if I am complicating the simple.

Thanks!

Paul

Potato Cakes said:
Gustav said:

Is this for the PCBs, the panels, or both. I don't quite know what a panel of 4k5 means. Forgive me if I am complicating the simple.

Thanks!

Paul

Sorry for being unclear.

A production panel of these for the factory lines contains 7 sets, but these are long gone.

Gustav

Hi there, I was curious if you have any sound samples or videos of the MS76 kits?

Seems like a cool project!

Thanks

Andy

andybaker28 said:
Hi there, I was curious if you have any sound samples or videos of the MS76 kits?

Seems like a cool project!

Thanks

Andy

Hi Andy.

Nope, its based on something that should be familiar, and you can check some of the feedback on the unit, but thats it.

Gustav

Back