Bellari Compressor Problem

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craigmorris74

GDIY Supporter
A friend of mine dropped off a stereo Bellari Compressor that stopped compressing, and asked me to take a look at it.  It passes signal and the output level control is working, but none of the compression controls have any effect, even with the threshold at its lowest setting. Both channels have the same problem.  He said that this problem happened suddenly, on both channels. 

I've looked for obvious faults like bad connections, burnt parts, etc. but can't find anything.  Can anyone offer any advice about what part of this unit is causing the problem?  I've attached a block diagram, a schematic isn't available.

And yes, I know the punchline-tell him to get a better compressor!  He's actually mixed some rather popular records with this thing and would like to have it back in his arsenal.

Thanks in advance,
Craig

Attachments

• bellari comp.jpg
    bellari comp.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 61
hmmm changed my impression as I thought it was a starved plate design. Anyway check the photo cell to see if it is working. I have had bad photocells before on other compressors...

Latest posts

Back