Need a API325 DI only simple power supply

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimiB

Anybody have any great suggestions? Buildin a Bo style DI only API325 in a box for a pedal board. I would love to just put a iec jack on the box and not fuss with a wall wart if it was cheap and quiet enought. I'm thinking of just doing Bo's style ps nixing the 48V section and gettin a torroid from mouser but thought baybe someone had invented this wheel before. :)
Also looks like the API325 DI mod schem on bo's site would give me Monitor out - to bass amp (or run in from b4 the pre) and use a Classic API output level kit to run to the house so I can drive the pre as hard as I want and give the sound guy what he wants.
Ideas?

The box must be much larger than a stomp if you have realestate for IEC and tranny.

Really better to keep the tranny external to a single DI.  You can search for 24VAC warts for security and put everything else inside.  Or stick to the original design if you are connecting to a mic pre somewhere.
Mike

k that where i had landed so thats for the confirmation. 24vAC wall wart and the bo psu - 48v section

JimiB said:
k that where i had landed so thats for the confirmation. 24vAC wall wart and the bo psu - 48v section
I don't really understand your question. Why don't you take the positive rail of the 325 and power directly the DI section. You don't need 48V. When phantom-powered the BH DI takes 48V down to 24. I bet the DI section can work with anything from 12 to 36V.

Latest posts

Back