Unmarked Microphone bodies and parts (SYT-5, CU-49, HT-11A, GT-2B, and U47)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Take a look at the feeler post also from chunger:

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=49290.0

There are a few pics there

letterbeacon said:
Put me down for one short body U47, but without the PSU.  What would the shipping costs be to the UK please?

FYI, if you're inside the UK, The t.Bone sct700 from Thomann will probably be cheaper all around than the Alctron GT-2B that I am importing.  If you are not utilizing the psu, the only advantage of mine would be that it does not have markings and the finish may be nickel plate instead of painted.

I have you on the list.  Please let me know asap if you plan to go the Thomann route.  I do not know exactly what the shipping will be yet because I do not have the size and weight of the kit to calculate.  Assuming the package is 4 lbs., my shipping calculator from United States Postal Service estimates shipping at ~$54.00

chunger said:
Blue Jinn said:
Do you have dimensions for hte SYT-5 (or more direclty will it fit Gyraf's G7 boards?) If so, I'm in for one without capsule.

Hi,

Thanks for your interest.  I do not know if the STY-5 has the length required to house the Gyraf G7 board.  It certainly has the diameter, but until I can get a sample in hand next to a G7 board, I do not know.  I strongly suspect that it would be big enough, but cannot confirm.

hopefully someone can chime in here with better knowledge or, as these bodies become more widespread, information will be forthcoming.

A heck, count me in anyway, I'll do *something* with it....

letterbeacon said:
Put me down for one short body U47, but without the PSU.  What would the shipping costs be to the UK please?

Correction!  I just realized I needed to click a drop-down menu to see the first class international rate which is ~$31.00.  Thomann would still be cheaper though I presume.

I will ship by the cheapest reasonably reliable method.  USPS for me has been a bit better price-wise for international shipments generally.

Also, I've been updating the list with everyone who has emailed, pm'd or posted here.  The availability for first batch in the 1st post should be up to date.

Hi.
I've already reserved 4 bodies but I would like to get an estimate on shipping to Sweden.
Thanks!
/
Emil

Studio Mollan said:
Hi.
I've already reserved 4 bodies but I would like to get an estimate on shipping to Sweden.
Thanks!
/
Emil

The SYT-5 should be lighter than the other microphones because it does not have psu and road case included in the kit.  Assuming each weighs 2 pounds (which I am not sure about . . just wild guessing), USPS gives me:

$64.63 - 8 pound package
$57.91 - 6 pound package
$50.00 - 4 pound package

I will only charge actual shipping/packing costs and am open to shipping via a preferred company if different from USPS.  I will be able to supply actual package dimensions and weight when the order is ready if you wish to search for pricing online.

Ummm. . . guys. . . can you please lay off the HT-11A's?  Those were supposed to last a while  :eek:.

I am requesting to increase the order quantity for HT-11A for this batch.  No guarantees as it is pretty last-minute.  I am also requesting the inner layer of the 3-layer grill mesh to not be installed.  If not possible, the order will process as originally ordered and I will have to follow up with another.

Just a word to encourage chunger to take in consideration the efforts that other members put into this community to make DIY resources available to us.

Just found out there is a problem related to selling somebody elses design here, it has to do with the ShuaiYin SYT-5 body. It is probably not intentional and most likely has to do with a Chinese company trying to do more business, but still... we are a community here where we learn how to work together, respect the ideas from others and follow basic ethics.

ChuckD has done a great contribution putting at reach some other sought after DIY components like the Dale M7 capsule and Neve style knobs. He has done a great contribution to the community as Chunger is doing right now with the other unmarked mic bodies that were not available yet. The idea and design goes to the first one that placed the effort to make it happen.

The post I am talking about:

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=45767.300

Guys lets work this out and lets be all friends.

Am I being blind.  Why no pictures of the syt-5? & shockmount?

Back