Unmarked Microphone bodies and parts (SYT-5, CU-49, HT-11A, GT-2B, and U47)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
chunger said:
Winetree said:
Will the Chinese 9 pattern P.S. (with or without Mods) work with  poctop's U67 Kits?
I'll take:
2 SYT-5 (U67/87) Mics. With or without P.S. depending on above answer.
2 GT-2B W/O P.S. (For U47 Fet.)

I do not know if the oem Chinese psu will work with poctop's U67 kits.  I suspect not as poctop's kit contains a PCB for the original PSU circuit that would probably have better filtering.  I would venture to say the U67 PSU PCB is too large to fit in the oem case also.  Dan from collective cases sells an excellent PSU case here on forum that is well suited for poctop's U67 kit.

The SYT-5 body kits are not complete microphones.  They do not have psu's or any internal components except the capsule and capsule mount.  I will put you on the list for

2 SYT-5 body kits
2 GT-2B microphones without PSU.

Please let me know if I have it wrong.
I have a psu from my T-Bone SCT700 (which is the GT-2B I believe) and I can safely say that the DU67 (poctop) PSU circuit with the 2 transformers and everything will not fit in there. Eric (tskguy) and I have found a suitable Hammond box available from Mouser that does the job nicely and Dan (collective cases) has a PSU box that is perfect as well (and it's machined and painted with a handle).
If someone was going to use the Chinese PSU box for a G7 circuit I believe that would work.

Just my 2 cents
Dave

For the large number of commits from Europe, please take note of the package weight and size for the GT-2B and HT-11A microphones.  If anyone is aware of a courier service that can deliver these at a reasonable rate, please let me know.  They are much heavier and bulkier than I had originally anticipated.

I'm in for 1 x Alctron HT-11A (c12-type)  $160
              2 x ShuaiYin SYT-5 (U67/87 type)  $145 - without caps

That looks fair.
Just let me know when to send you the payment.
Thanks!
/
Emil

chunger said:
Studio Mollan said:
Hi.
I've already reserved 4 bodies but I would like to get an estimate on shipping to Sweden.
Thanks!
/
Emil

The SYT-5 should be lighter than the other microphones because it does not have psu and road case included in the kit.  Assuming each weighs 2 pounds (which I am not sure about . . just wild guessing), USPS gives me:

$64.63 - 8 pound package
$57.91 - 6 pound package
$50.00 - 4 pound package

I will only charge actual shipping/packing costs and am open to shipping via a preferred company if different from USPS.  I will be able to supply actual package dimensions and weight when the order is ready if you wish to search for pricing online.

In regards to the controversy
whether you're the second in or the first , all bets are off when dealing with the chinese
anyone should know that as soon as you start talking with them
just saying  ....................  Generally speaking the pricing determines some priority for me
[ when you're back logged with projects ] 

Hi,

Your page 2 of this thread has some form of malware. Page 1 and page 3 is ok. I think it is a link added.

Just thought Id warn you. Im running Chrome on PC.

Do you have any pictures of the U67 body with a capsule inside the headbasket? Curious how its height compares to that U67/87 you picture next to it.

I may want to reserve 4 U67 bodies.

This is a photo of the stock SYT-5 with the Lundahl transformer option.  Shows the K67 capsule position.  Looks to be proportionally lower than the U87.  A different capsule mount could make closer. . . a plexiglass shim could also do the same I guess.

p1163683564-4.jpg

Any inside dimensions on the SYT-5?
The G7 PCB is 42mm x 122mm, with a good 5mm clear on each side for mounting to the rails...
If it can fit I'm in for 1 w/ the capsule mount

nielsk said:
Any inside dimensions on the SYT-5?
The G7 PCB is 42mm x 122mm, with a good 5mm clear on each side for mounting to the rails...
If it can fit I'm in for 1 w/ the capsule mount

It's been confirmed that SYT-5 body is not long enough to fit the G7 PCB.  A new PCB would have to be laid out or point to point build fir it to work.

Quick question: does the SYT-5 come with the tube mounting bracket thingy? Also, just an aside, but it may be cost effective (or maybe not or too complicated) to ship to one person in Europe, and have that person ship forward. Don't know if that would work or not.

The G7 PCB can be easily shortened (by a bit) but not narrowed (by much)
This is why it would be useful to get actual Dimensions.... :eek:

nielsk said:
The G7 PCB can be easily shortened (by a bit) but not narrowed (by much)
This is why it would be useful to get actual Dimensions.... :eek:

I posted earlier in the feeler thread that the absolute maximum length inside the SYT-5 body is 4.495 inches.  According to my printout, G7 is 4.740 inches long.  There is plenty of width in SYT-5, but not enough length for the PCB without modification.

jandoste said:
I would like to buy;
2x ShuaiYin SYT-5 (U67/87 type) microphone body kit
please tell me how I can get them :)?
Thanks

Hi jandoste,

Thanks for the interest.  I will put you on the reserved list along with others who have expressed interest.  When I receive the microphones, I will contact everyone and start taking payments.  For now, I'm just tracking reservations on a list.  Microphones are scheduled to be complete at the end of the month.

Absolutely no problem in removing 0.25" from the length of theG7 PCB, so you are confirming that the width of the inner frame is at least 1.625"?
If so I defiantly want one, with the capsule mount.

The capsule mount is in the SYT-5 kit list. 
So, from what I understand (!) it's part of the package, but it can also be ordered separately.

Back