Unmarked Microphone bodies and parts (SYT-5, CU-49, HT-11A, GT-2B, and U47)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nielsk said:
Absolutely no problem in removing 0.25" from the length of theG7 PCB, so you are confirming that the width of the inner frame is at least 1.625"?
If so I defiantly want one, with the capsule mount.

The width of the inner frame at the narrow end is 1.815".  It widens to 1.840" at the wide end according to my dial calipers.  Note, the frame is pretty "bendy" so measurements vary along the length.  The capsule mount as well as the 35mm K67 capsule are included in the kit.  The capsule as described in the top post can be excluded from the kit to shave some cost off.  I will add you to the list for one SYT-5 body kit.  Please let me know if you want the one without capsule.

I'd like (2x) GT-2B microphones, complete kit, please.
I may end up using them for my DU47fet builds, so please include XLR output jacks as well, thanks.
How do I work out shipping price to Australia on these?

Also, do you know what are the capsules that come in this mic?
Much appreciated.

Also, would this have the 4.5:1 transformer, as found in the C12 style body?
Or a different ratio?

Thanks again.

Sorry .. one more question ..

Does anyone know what output these Chinese PSU's feed under load?

I can see the transformer secondaries are 200v and 9.5, but I'd like to hear if anyone knows what the actual mic circuit sees after filtering, etc.

Thinking in the back of my mind if I could use one for an AMI (EF80 tube) U47 style mic down the line some time.

(or would it just need too many upgrades to be worthwhile) ..?

I might have to go for an Alctron HT-11A complete pack, too, please.
(to go with my Avantone CV-12, which I'll mod to pair up with it)..

What's the capsule that comes with the Alctron model you'll be offering?
Thanks.

hi chunger

count me in for 1 x U67 type body without capsule.
im also interested in 1 x C12(9 pattern) type PSU if u have any available.

cheers
mick

I'm in for 1x ShuaiYin SYT-5 (U67/87 type) microphone body kit
              1x GT-2B complete kit with 3 pin xlr insert

Blue Jinn said:
Sorry to be annoying, but re-read the thread. Please put me down for a switch pcb set as well...

No problem. . . I'll put you down for one.  As of right now, U87 PCB kits that poctop sells do NOT include the switch pcb.  The U67 kits have this board included.

Small update:

The factory is on-schedule for end-of-October completion of the mics that have been ordered so far.  I have contacted everyone that I have on the reserved list to collect logistical information.  Please check your email and PM inboxes and respond to the information request if possible.

If I did not contact you, either you are not on the list, or I have incorrect contact information for you.  Please send email to [email protected] .

I apologize for the current shortage of GT-2B microphones.  I did not have enough time to alter the order quantity when an influx of reservations for these came in.  It seems I will have a temporary lapse in stock of these until a follow up order can be placed to replenish stock.

Once pre-reserved copies are distributed, I will list all items to my webstore and hopefully, very shortly, everything will be happily in stock and available for general on-demand purchase.  Thanks for your patience as I get this project off the ground.

Hi Chunger.
I would like to buy.
3x ShuaiYin SYT-5 (U67/87 type) microphone body kit
2x switch pcbs.
Thanks! M@

EvLoutonian said:
Sorry .. one more question ..

Does anyone know what output these Chinese PSU's feed under load?

I can see the transformer secondaries are 200v and 9.5, but I'd like to hear if anyone knows what the actual mic circuit sees after filtering, etc.

Thinking in the back of my mind if I could use one for an AMI (EF80 tube) U47 style mic down the line some time.

(or would it just need too many upgrades to be worthwhile) ..?

The PSUs have a 6V regulator which does a good job at keeping heater voltage at 6V. There are also two zener diodes which regulate the B+ voltage. I can't recall what they are stock but I replaced the zeners in mine with lower values. It's quite a simple modification. From memory, stock B+ was somewhere between 145V and 150V.

The big issue I've had with these power supplies is polarisation voltage which when stock is somewhere around 70V and 75V. I modified the switch to divide the B+ voltage for polarisation.

Latest posts

Back