Unmarked Microphone bodies and parts (SYT-5, CU-49, HT-11A, GT-2B, and U47)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chunger,

I just picked up my mics at the post office.  They look great.  Now I've just got to find the time to get out the soldering iron  :).

Thanks for organizing all of this and giving up your living room over the holidays.

Hi Chunger,

I received the mic and capsule today! They were VERY well packed, and the build quality is terrific!

Thanks for making this happen!

Mike

Chunger,
I was looking at the mic body a couple of days ago and trying to figure out how to mount the multi pin insert. Looking at the ordering page i am now confused. Were the SYT-5 bodies supposed to come with the 2 inserts, 3 pin and 7 pin xlr? I didn't have them in my package. i don't mind ordering one if need be, just trying to figure out if i need to or not
Thanks
Ian

imo said:
Chunger,
I was looking at the mic body a couple of days ago and trying to figure out how to mount the multi pin insert. Looking at the ordering page i am now confused. Were the SYT-5 bodies supposed to come with the 2 inserts, 3 pin and 7 pin xlr? I didn't have them in my package. i don't mind ordering one if need be, just trying to figure out if i need to or not
Thanks
Ian

Hi,

Check in the shock-mount box (or at least that's where I put them in most packages).  In a few of the early shipments, I may have put this parts packet inside the microphone body, but the vaste majority of orders had these packed inside the shockmount box.  There should be a little baggie that contains:

1x 3 pin XLR insert
1x 7 pin XLR insert
3x 1/4" height nylon spacers
3x 12mm M2 screws (for mounting switch pcb)
1x on-off-on pattern switch
2x on-on pad, low-cut switches

If you did not get one of these baggies, I need to send one to you.  It might have been very late at night and I missed one.

total user error. I apologize. I looked in the shockmount box originally but didn't see it. They connectors were taped into the plastic wrap. Everything was sent!
Thanks
Ian

Got the SYT-5 and other bits! Pretty stout body, now I need a full instead of tapered poctop 87 pcb.... :)

A quick question for you, how/what did you use to mount the AMI transformer (in the picture in poctop's white market thread.)

@tchgtr (and off topic) what mods are you doing to the HST-11a? (sorry if you have a thread going that I missed) (I have everything on hold until I get some construction done, but I have all the parts in to do Dave Thomas'  mod)

Blue Jinn said:
@tchgtr (and off topic) what mods are you doing to the HST-11a? (sorry if you have a thread going that I missed) (I have everything on hold until I get some construction done, but I have all the parts in to do Dave Thomas'  mod)

This may also be off topic, but the C12 project that I am collaborating with Matador on was designed around the HT-11A body and is nearing release. . .

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=50277.0

Straight ahead mod to the factory pcb's is also a very economical way to a good mic, but our kit completely re-designs the power supply with full wave rectification, better filtering, and supplies the fixed bias voltage while retaining the stock case.

Blue Jinn,
  I'm just doing an old-fashioned DIY conversion to C12 circuit with the PCB from the mic. I've been following the Chunger/Matador C12 thread, and it looks great, but I'm goin' ol' skool for the moment, tho planning on ordering a head-basket or two.
    Using a Cinemag CM-2480, one of the group-buy RK-12 capsules and parts from local suppliers. Found a nice 6072 locally also.
    Also have a Nady 1050 that still has the CCDA in it, a good 12AT7, and improved caps. Trying for more of a 47 vibe from that so I put the stock HST-11 capsule in that, replacing the RK-12 I had in there, which sounded pretty good. The new 67-style capsule from the HST-11 sounds better than the original 1050 one did, but still honky. Guess the QC has improved over the years, but I will eventually put something a little better in there, and hope Dale keeps making the M7s until I can afford one.
    Will hopefully upgrade the HST in the future to a higher quality capsule, but will go with what I have for now.
    Will also upgrade my Big Ugly/G7 with an RK-12 (currently has the old 1050 capsule in it) and Cinemag, but have a long weekend of work ahead before I get time for that.
    Then I need to do a LOT of recording with these so I can really get a feeling for them.

Received my microphones in a perfect shape... Thank you so much !!!
The HT-11 has the top of the head basket a hurted but it isn't due to shipping or handling by you... Certainly a fall out of the box in the factory... China's way of perfection...
So :
Thank you, thank you, thank you !!!

Oh no!  A number of the HT-11A's had dent near the top, center of the headbasket, and I ended up opening each box and straightening all of them up before shipping.  From now on, I think I will need to pack them with an extra piece of soft foam at the headbasket before I ship.  I think the problem is widespread because the spare headbasket I bought from Dave Thomas at Advanced audio also had this problem.

Sorry about that, I hope it cleans up perfect.  I will notify the factory and see if they can do anything about it on the next shipment also.

If anyone else has this same problem with HT-11A, please let me know so I can figure out a solution.  These all shipped out in perfect shape and I need to make them arrive in perfect shape.

Just Received my Ht-11 kit Here : fabulously packed and pristine condition ,  thanks Chunger can't wait to build my mic.
The quaility is just unbeleivable. 8)
Thanks Again for all your efforts on this magnificient project.

Best,
Dan,  :)

I am actually Building a pair of D-U67 for a customer  , and i just received the package in immaculate condition i think i saw angel coming out of the box , really nice attention to packing .
Kudos Chunger

will be busy now,  :eek:
Best,
Dan,

All paid orders are now shipped!  Well, one package is in Canadian customs purgatory, and I'm holding shipment on another package for a member who is on vacation, but otherwise, it's all caught up.

I am now working hard on some nice customizations for the 2nd round of shipments from China so please stay tuned.  Hopefully we'll be able to offer a better and better product at a better price as this project moves along!

For now, there have been over 600 pounds of microphones shipped out.  I hope everyone is having fun with their builds.  I know I am.

Back