Unmarked Microphone bodies and parts (SYT-5, CU-49, HT-11A, GT-2B, and U47)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  Took apart my PSU on the HT11a and found 1N4760 zeners in there. That's a 68v zener. Looking at the photos from the C12 project thread, and looking at my own Nady 1050, these PSUs usually have 1N4768 to get near 200v for B+.
  Not a problem, and actually the voltage I need. Just wished I had discovered this before de-soldering both of them. Heads up to those of you keeping the original PSU.
Just need to get some 5000pf caps and I'm ready to test this sucka...

ShuaiYin SYT-5 (U67/87 type) microphone body kit $145 - kit without capsule
Also I'm doing the U87 kit so as mentioned above I think I might need the 3 switch pcb board.
Add me to your list!  :eek:

dmp said:
Are you selling the mic psus separately? How much?

Yes.  I have loose psu's for $40.00 . 

I am planing to kit them with the PSU board that Matador designed as a complete "universal" tube mic power supply setup.  Full wave rectified. . . better filtering than stock Alctron, and supplies fixed bias voltage and heater voltage.  It can also supply 210V-120V at B+ by swapping a couple resistor values.

The last 2 GT-2B's are a pending transaction.  If that buyer decides to back out for any reason, I'll have 2 available now.

Because most projects that utilize the GT-2B's typically don't require power supply, there is significant waste and extra cost involved with importing this microphone "complete" that I was not very happy with.  I am now working directly with a metal fabrication factory in China to make me another suitable body.  I am being careful to ensure that all currently available kits for the GT-2B platform will fit nicely in the new design and that build and finish quality will be on par or better than what we are working with now.  First round prototype for this body should be ready sometime shortly after the Chinese New Year holiday.

I am also taking the opportunity to try and adjust the mesh material to a close match of the 3 layer U47 headbasket.  I was hoping GT-2B stock would hold out until the end of the development cycle for this new body, but unfortunately, we ran out fast.  If development of the new body is looking to take too long, I will put in another order for GT-2B's, but I think we will be able to move this along quickly as we are mostly tweaking a few details on existing tooling.  We should see a better product at a better price with much better shipping cost.  In the long run, I think this will be a better platform for DIY with less material and logistical waste.  Also, I was unhappy with the stock pcb setup that solders the tube directly to the PCB as opposed to use a socket.  I think this reduces the "moddability" of the stock platform significantly.

my plan is to also import an aluminum case that will hold 2 microphones and 2 shock mounts as a purchase option.

The HT-11A seems popular in stock form and quite a few people purchasing those seem to be modding the stock microphone, so I will keep ordering those from Alctron as needed.  Because we were able to make our psu pcb fit inside the stock enclosure and re-use the power transformer, enough of the original mic is used to justify importing these complete.

Chunger,
You are doing a great job with this. I'm sure it can be a bit overwhelming but you make it look easy. I'm diggin the modified headbasket ala U47 style.
I will def be on the pre-order list for one of the GT-2B mic bodies with the modified headbsket.

Keep up the great work,
Dave

Still haven't received my mic bodies, must be taking their time at customs, will wait patiently until then !

Cheers.

Winetree said:
Got a line on any wooden boxes for the SYT-5 (DU67) Mics?

Lining up logistics for next microphone order right now. . . currently prototyping 2 new bodies directly with a metal factory to replace GT-2B and SYT-5 in my offerings. . . so the majority of my efforts are directed towards those details right now.  All current pcb kits will be compatible with the new bodies and quality/features on the microphones themselves should improve. 

I am planning to make aluminum cases available configured to hold 2 microphones + 2 shock mounts each.  At this time, I have not considered wooden boxes for the upcoming order, but all is possible with enough interest.

RuudNL said:
Would be interested in a GT-2B. (Say this thread too late...  :'( )
Do you still have one available?

The last 2 GT-2B's are pending payment, but I am actively working on a different solution.  It will take a little bit of time, but I will be ordering 100 more as soon as the new body is finalized.  First round prototypes are almost complete.  Poctop has requested some additional features to better fit his new designs, so we will incorporate those into the new microphone before making a production run.

and a little teaser from the metal factory in China for the C12 and Ela M251 type custom headbaskets. . .

p1407843530.jpg

p1407843566.jpg

Latest posts

Back