Unmarked Microphone bodies and parts (SYT-5, CU-49, HT-11A, GT-2B, and U47)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RuudNL said:
As mentioned earlier, it seems that here in Europe the T-Bone SCT 700 is a good alternative for the GT-2B.

(With many thanks to 'micaddict' Henk for bringing this to my attention!)

Yes, the T-Bone SCT700 is cut from the same tooling as the GT-2B I believe.  All PCB's should fit perfectly in that body.  The only difference is it uses a painted finish instead of nickel plating like the GT-2B.  Alctron's quality control on cosmetics seems to be a bit better.  Also, I'm not sure if the power supply is the same, but for most projects, people are not using the psu's from the GT-2B.

The last 2 GT-2B's are pending payment, but I am actively working on a different solution.  It will take a little bit of time, but I will be ordering 100 more as soon as the new body is finalized.  First round prototypes are almost complete.  Poctop has requested some additional features to better fit his new designs, so we will incorporate those into the new microphone before making a production run.
I finished a mod of the GT-2b using a k47 capsule, 6072 tube, and Beyer transformer. The mic sounds wonderful and was fairly cheap. I have a 2nd matching capsule and transformer, so I would really hope to get a 2nd gt-2b just like the first to mod. Please put me on the list if any cancels and also since the demand is so high as is, please consider a new order for Gt-2b same as before.
I put in a socket and it worked out really well. I can post some pics.
Dan

dmp said:
The last 2 GT-2B's are pending payment, but I am actively working on a different solution.  It will take a little bit of time, but I will be ordering 100 more as soon as the new body is finalized.  First round prototypes are almost complete.  Poctop has requested some additional features to better fit his new designs, so we will incorporate those into the new microphone before making a production run.
I finished a mod of the GT-2b using a k47 capsule, 6072 tube, and Beyer transformer. The mic sounds wonderful and was fairly cheap. I have a 2nd matching capsule and transformer, so I would really hope to get a 2nd gt-2b just like the first to mod. Please put me on the list if any cancels and also since the demand is so high as is, please consider a new order for Gt-2b same as before.
I put in a socket and it worked out really well. I can post some pics.
Dan

Hi Dan,

I needed to order another GT-2B in China for development reference on my new body, so I should at least have that one sample microphone in the 2nd large shipment when that happens.  I will keep you in mind.  It seemed the HT-11A was a much more common modification platform stock and most people were gutting the GT-2B and/or purchasing without the psu, so my focus is primarily on reducing cost and improving features for kit application on the short 47-style bodies.

Alternately, I and many other people probably have the "guts" from GT-2B microphones in a bin somewhere.  The stock PCB will certainly fit in the new body, so you may be able to pick up GT-2B internals cheaply from any number of people on forum myself included and insert them into the new body.

Hi chunger,

i need 5 x mics without capsule for the U67 pcb kit and 5 PCB to mount the 3 switches that's 725(USD?) for paris france is there some shipping to add ?
please let me know and what address for paypal.

cheers

chunger said:
RuudNL said:
As mentioned earlier, it seems that here in Europe the T-Bone SCT 700 is a good alternative for the GT-2B.

(With many thanks to 'micaddict' Henk for bringing this to my attention!)

Yes, the T-Bone SCT700 is cut from the same tooling as the GT-2B I believe.  All PCB's should fit perfectly in that body.  The only difference is it uses a painted finish instead of nickel plating like the GT-2B.  Alctron's quality control on cosmetics seems to be a bit better.  Also, I'm not sure if the power supply is the same, but for most projects, people are not using the psu's from the GT-2B.

I got a Tbone sct700 for my MK47 as these Alctrons weren't available last year when I built it. The TBone was plated not painted tho.

Dave

I needed to order another GT-2B in China for development reference on my new body, so I should at least have that one sample microphone in the 2nd large shipment when that happens.  I will keep you in mind. 

Cool - thanks Chunger!

Lining up logistics for next microphone order right now. . . currently prototyping 2 new bodies directly with a metal factory to replace GT-2B and SYT-5 in my offerings. . .

Hey Chunger,

Any more details on the changes you are planning for the SYT-5?  I think I'll be interested in one in the future, and am trying to decide if I should wait for the next revision...

Thanks,
Aaron

Bhudie said:
Lining up logistics for next microphone order right now. . . currently prototyping 2 new bodies directly with a metal factory to replace GT-2B and SYT-5 in my offerings. . .

Hey Chunger,

Any more details on the changes you are planning for the SYT-5?  I think I'll be interested in one in the future, and am trying to decide if I should wait for the next revision...

Thanks,
Aaron

Frame dimensions, mounting hole locations, and switch pcb mounting should be the same as current version.  I am looking into a tighter headbasket mesh to track closer to the stock U87.  More information after the Chinese New Year holiday.  All the factories are closed until the 18th.

Thanks Chunger,

That's what I was hoping for :).  I might give it a bit then...  and wait to hear what you have to tell us in a couple of weeks.

Great work by the way.

-Aaron

Hi -

Would like to purchase a ShuaiYin SYT-5 (U67/87 type) microphone body kit without the capsule and have it shipped to CT, 06109.

Thanks!

chunger said:
MikeFFG said:
Hi -

Would like to purchase a ShuaiYin SYT-5 (U67/87 type) microphone body kit without the capsule and have it shipped to CT, 06109.

Thanks!

Hi Mike,

Go ahead and place your order on the webstore. . . http://store.studio939.com  Please let me know if there are any problems putting the order in.

Thanks!

It just says coming soon mate, no option to add to cart

C12 PCB's and parts are still pending final verification of the pcb and a few small parts (screws, etc.) that are en-route to me.  All will go live soon.

The SYT-5 and HT-11A microphones are live on the webstore now.

Those c12 headbaskets look great!
I assume they'll fit the HT-11A?
Will they will be available shiny chrome finished by chance?

hyde maintenance said:
Those c12 headbaskets look great!
I assume they'll fit the HT-11A?
Will they will be available shiny chrome finished by chance?

Headbaskets fit HT-11A and will be polished nickel plate finish.

Hello,
Is it possible to get two ShuaiYin SYT-5 (U67/87 type) microphone body kit without caspule?
Can you tell me how much shipping cost to France?

Thanks a lot!

best  ;D

Back