Unmarked Microphone bodies and parts (SYT-5, CU-49, HT-11A, GT-2B, and U47)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nolivdacom said:
Hello,
Is it possible to get two ShuaiYin SYT-5 (U67/87 type) microphone body kit without caspule?
Can you tell me how much shipping cost to France?

Thanks a lot!

best  ;D

Yup, hit the webstore and place the order:

http://store.studio939.com

USPS just increased their prices for flat rate boxes.  The webstore shipping calculator as I have it set up currently will spit out a price that will actually make me lose money on shipping.  Shipping calculator is telling me actual shipping cost will be $77.95 to France.

-'Chung 

Dide said:
Hi,

Any news about the headbaskets?

Dide

Yes.  The samples that I requested have been finished (polished nickel plate) and will be shipping to me by air in the next few days.  I requested 4 single layer C12 type samples and 2 double layer Ela M251 type samples.  I have already transferred funds for the full production run of 500 units to my associate in China, so as soon as the samples are confirmed, we are moving ahead with production.  I do not anticipate problems because the prototype has already been test fit on to the HT-11A body and the fit looks good.

One of the first things that will happen when the samples arrive is parts will be flying out to Tim Campbell for evaluation and capsule optimization.  That will be the final piece of the puzzle as far as full kits are concerned.  I have all electronic components and hardware in hand and am bagging kits right now.

Hey Chunger,

Any ballpark idea what the full C12 kit with Tim's capsule and T14 transformer included will be going for? (assuming this is still the way you are planning on going...  Was reading that you were testing a few transformers in another thread.)

Also,  is the SYT-5 headbasket project on the same schedule as this one? Any prototypes yet? Or one at a time? Not rushing you, just very interested...

Last one...  I read in a thread somewhere that you were looking at getting a box made for the SYT-5 as well.  Is that still in the cards?

As you can probably tell,  I am keen on both of these projects and will very likely be in for one of each...

Keep up the great work.  I'm a fan.

-Aaron

Thanks Volume11,

I just finished reading the FEELER thread, probably should have done that before posting...

In any case, these 2 questions still stand.

Also,  is the SYT-5 headbasket project on the same schedule as this one? Any prototypes yet? Or one at a time? Not rushing you, just very interested...

Last one...  I read in a thread somewhere that you were looking at getting a box made for the SYT-5 as well.  Is that still in the cards?

Now that i've finished reading the Feeler thread, I'm trying to work out if I should just order C12 now, or try and save on shipping and border charges by ordering together...

Thanks again,
Aaron

Bhudie said:
Thanks Volume11,

I just finished reading the FEELER thread, probably should have done that before posting...

In any case, these 2 questions still stand.

Now that i've finished reading the Feeler thread, I'm trying to work out if I should just order C12 now, or try and save on shipping and border charges by ordering together...

Thanks again,
Aaron
I may be wrong but, I believe that Tim is tuning some caps specifically for this project

Hi Chunger.

Sorry to interrupt the thread but I was wondering if you had any plans to do Elam 251 kit in the future ?

Thanks!!

There are plans for the Ela M251 type project, but we are having some serious debate about whether a new pcb is needed after revisiting the pcb layout.  There are a couple of issues at play.

1.  The Ela switches polar patterns from the microphone and currently, the HT-11A body does not have provision for a switch
2.  The turret board layout of the pcb easily accommodates the required circuit changes to get very close to the Ela.

The conclusion is we can build the Ela type circuit with the only key difference being the way the capsule is polarized (retain the 9 pattern switch at the PSU).  We bypass the bias voltage section of the psu as well for the Ela build.

Essentially, we get an ELA with the more flexible patterning options of the C12.  We are at this point reasonably sure this can be done on the existing pcb layout with a few easy component changes.

I'm preparing for the ELA in whatever iteration it ends up being released in by lining up the hard-to-get parts (mainly the headbasket) now.  Right now, I'm strongly leaning towards focusing on building the ELA circuit on the current pcb.  But, the first priority is to finish out the C12 project and get all the ducks lined up on that front.  I'd like to get the capsule finalized and headbaskets in stock and shipping before turning my attention to the ELA build.

There are plans for the Ela M251 type project, but we are having some serious debate about whether a new pcb is needed after revisiting the pcb layout.  There are a couple of issues at play.

1.  The Ela switches polar patterns from the microphone and currently, the HT-11A body does not have provision for a switch
2.  The turret board layout of the pcb easily accommodates the required circuit changes to get very close to the Ela.

The conclusion is we can build the Ela type circuit with the only key difference being the way the capsule is polarized (retain the 9 pattern switch at the PSU).  We bypass the bias voltage section of the psu as well for the Ela build.

Essentially, we get an ELA with the more flexible patterning options of the C12.  We are at this point reasonably sure this can be done on the existing pcb layout with a few easy component changes.

I'm preparing for the ELA in whatever iteration it ends up being released in by lining up the hard-to-get parts (mainly the headbasket) now.  Right now, I'm strongly leaning towards focusing on building the ELA circuit on the current pcb.  But, the first priority is to finish out the C12 project and get all the ducks lined up on that front.  I'd like to get the capsule finalized and headbaskets in stock and shipping before turning my attention to the ELA build.

Great news !!  Yes the polar switch doesn't have to be on the mic~

Excellent dimensioned drawings for the HT-11A and the SYT-5 bodies can be found at the end of the original post to this thread.

Jeri

jeri said:
Excellent dimensioned drawings for the HT-11A and the SYT-5 bodies can be found at the end of the original post to this thread.

Jeri

If I only would have scrolled a little further down the other night...

Thanks!
Dave

I've received more than a few inquiries about hookup wire for the C12 microphone kit.  I guess I had assumed most DIY people accumulate this sort of thing and have their own personal preferences about what types of wire they like to use are.  But, apparently, PTFE silver teflon wire is not as easy to get as I thought?  I'm going to look into buying a bit more than I need for my personal stash and making some of this available in the webstore.

Songguy said:
Chung,
Please keep me in mind for one of the GT-2B kits without the PSU.
Best,
Chris

Monitor the white market thread, and I will announce when I have a specific timeframe for the next large shipment from China.  All mics will be in stock at that point and I will be ordering enough to keep everything in stock for some time.

Cheers,
'Chung

Due to quite a few inquiries, I have purchased a good amount of silver plated teflon wire to make wiring kits for the C12 kits (or whatever other microphone you intend to build with these donor bodies).  I purchased all of the colors needed to replicate the original color scheme with the addition of violet for the bias wire.  These will be 22 AWG for the bulk of the power supply and microphone internal wiring and 28 AWG for the capsule wiring.  Kits should go live in the webstore in about a week.

I have also spoken with Gotham Cables and purchased a spool of their GAC-7 cable for folks who are interested in upgrading to what some consider to be the best 7 conductor microphone wire available.

Tiny steps closer to complete kits!

Latest posts

Back