Unmarked Microphone bodies and parts (SYT-5, CU-49, HT-11A, GT-2B, and U47)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FWIW, I do not like the shipping charges to Canada, Europe, and everywhere else on these, but I can put a TON of these into a medium flat rate box, so please contact me if anyone wants to consolidate a shipment across the border or across the pond and I will do my best to reduce the logistics cost as much as possible.

perhaps updating your storefront to 'out of stock' or 'backordered'? frustrating to wait a week after payment and no receipt to find out I have to wait 2 more weeks plus shipping time.

chunger said:
FWIW, I do not like the shipping charges to Canada, Europe, and everywhere else on these, but I can put a TON of these into a medium flat rate box, so please contact me if anyone wants to consolidate a shipment across the border or across the pond and I will do my best to reduce the logistics cost as much as possible.

I've got 2 coming to Canada, I can send them out from here. If anyone wants in send me a PM.

Regards,
Mark

srdigital said:
perhaps updating your storefront to 'out of stock' or 'backordered'? frustrating to wait a week after payment and no receipt to find out I have to wait 2 more weeks plus shipping time.

I apologize for the delays.  If you would like a refund at any time, please contact me.  Not many people are able to run DIY as a full time gig, so we try to do the best we can with the time we have.  An influx of orders or the need to sort a batch of components can easily overwhelm a single-person operation.  I try to keep information up-to-speed on this thread and remain responsive to email inquiries.  All items listed as in-stock in my webstore are in-fact physically in stock.  The bottleneck is sorting components and getting boxes shipped out right now. 

The current situation is, orders placed 4/29 - 3/3 are packing tonight and shipping tomorrow.  Orders are being fulfilled in the order received with the rare exceptions like pending recording sessions, etc.

Hello there,
Is there a waiting list I could be added to for the SYT-5 microphone body? I'm trying to piece together a clone and the body is my first big obstacle.

I understand you're busy and had a delayed shipment to you (per your previous post), but just thought I would check.

Thanks.

Dkm

Hi Chunger,

thanks for your work. You just got an order about 2 complete sets.
It's going to germany, if someone would like to chime in.

Best
Wolfgang

Chunger wrote:

Wowi wrote:
It's going to germany, if someone would like to chime in.

This time around all of us in the EU should perhaps come up with a plan. I bought a SYT-5 body earlier on and the extra costs weren't funny. And that was even without a case.
If we could hold out until all parts are in stock (I'm in no real hurry) it should be possible to do one big shipment to one address in Europe. Or will there be many separate boxes anyway?

Unfortunately I don't have the funds to pay a large lot in advance. Anyone here (in the EU) who could act as a "central station"? And maybe chunger has a solution for the financial logistics in such a scenario?

The shipping charges are no joke. . . headbaskets can ship pretty easily.  A flat rate envelope (with a box stuffed inside) can ship 4 headbaskets for ~$24.  But, this is the smallest unit I can ship to Europe so the shipping cost for 1 headbasket is also ~$24.

A medium flat rate box is about $60.  I have not tried to see how many I can fit inside of one, but defintely 20 and possibly even 30 headbaskets can fit inside of one box.  If someone wants to coordinate a mini group buy for Europe, Australia, or Canada, I'm just fine with shipping these to one location.

There really isn't an easy way around the weight of shipping the complete HT-11A microphone at over 11 lbs. a piece.  At that point, any additional components are merely incidental to the weight of the microphone.

Paypal does not allow me to print standard parcel service labels for international orders.  So, it is possible to ship cheaper, but there is no tracking and I have to go to the post office in person and invoice each package separately as well as fill out customs forms for each one individually.  The time required supercedes the cost savings especially if I am already having trouble keeping up shipping orders out in a timely manner.

Bad news on HT-11A microphones.  The Alctron factory reports one of their suppliers messed up a part and they must remake it.  We are delayed one additional month.  ETA 2nd half of July.
Prototype for GT-2B and SYT-5 bodies also incurred a slight delay.  Outer bodies and headbaskets are complete, but the internal rails for the sample are being remade.

Chunger are you going to get the screw on shock mounts that came with the GT-2B kits a la cart?

All orders that were placed on or before 5/8/2013 will be shipped out today.

Packaging materials for headbasket shipments will be arriving within the next 2 days.  The boxes for the first several headbasket orders will be a bit. . . . "creative" but I'm sure people would rather receive the product sooner than have a pretty box.

dmp said:
Chunger are you going to get the screw on shock mounts that came with the GT-2B kits a la cart?

I have that ability. . . one of the requests I made that has delayed the prototype microphones is utilize the same base-piece thread size as the SYT-5 and GT-2B on the Rev. 2 prototypes.  I think that was a good move because now, the shockmounts can be standard across both generations.

Beeswax said:
Chunger, what is the process to order/pay for the u87 body/kit?  Would like one (1).

hi Beeswax,

As soon as these become available, I will put them up on the webstore for sale.  At this point, I do not have a definite timeline.  The first verification prototype should be completed very soon and I will post photos when I get that unit in hand and confirm that all of the currently available pcb kits fit in the revised body.  I am ordering significant quantities of this body (150-200 units) so they should remain in stock for some time.  Also, follow-up orders should be much faster than the initial ramp-up to get the microphone to our specs.

Dumb question, are you getting totally NEW body style (diffrent from the syt-5)?  If so, were there pics I missed somewhere? :-[

Back