Unmarked Microphone bodies and parts (SYT-5, CU-49, HT-11A, GT-2B, and U47)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some good news.  HT-11A microphones are nearly complete.  Sea freight details are being ironed out for this batch.  We are right on track.  ;D

chunger said:
Some good news.  HT-11A microphones are nearly complete.  Sea freight details are being ironed out for this batch.  We are right on track.  ;D

Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 00:22:59 -0700
"I sent an invoice for the parts that you requested.  I wanted to let you know that I am leaving on vacation next week for 1.5 weeks.  I will not be able to process or ship any orders until I return, so there will be delays on your package."

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

3nity said:
Placed an order on june 26, do you happen to know when will they ship?

Hi 3nity,

I am currently travelling on the East coast and should be returning home tomorrow evening.  Shipping will resume shortly.  Please send email if you require refund or have any other time-critical considerations (major recording session, etc.) and I will do my best to accomodate.

-'Chung

No significant updates on the gen 2 STY-5 bodies.  I just received and prepared mesh samples for the proper 3 layer configuration and am sending my physical samples off to China for the factory to match.  That is the final detail.  The rest of the mic is good to go.  Once I get confirmation that they have successfully sourced materials and matched our meshing, we should be good to go for production.

Headbaskets are in stock. . . HT-11A's should be on the boat floating towards me any day now.  The factory has completed production and we have determined a freight forwarding company to handle the shipment.

Hey Chunger,
Are you going to have HT-11A mic sets available when the batch arrives or are they all spoken for?

Thanks,
Dave

chunger said:
None are spoken for. . . I have not taken any pre-orders.  100 units are incoming.  This should last a while.

Awesome!  Choice of headbaskets or just the single layer?  Will the headbaskets be the same or did you correct them? (I remember you saying somethign wasn't done exactly as you would have liked).

Super excited to get my hands on these and assemble these mics!  Then on to the MK47.

Hi Chunger,

I don't know if it's the right place to ask...Have you ever tough about creating a Ribbon donor microphone one day?

Regards,

Pierre

anjing said:
  I don't know if it's the right place to ask...Have you ever tough about creating a Ribbon donor microphone one day?

Alctron has a few ribbon microphone models that would be very easy to order.  I do not personally know much about modding these Chinese ribbon microphones, but it would be easy enough for me to order some in the next shipment.  Take a look at the Alctron microphones and please let me know if any of the models look particularly interesting.

chunger said:
anjing said:

Alctron has a few ribbon microphone models that would be very easy to order.  I do not personally know much about modding these Chinese ribbon microphones, but it would be easy enough for me to order some in the next shipment.  Take a look at the Alctron microphones and please let me know if any of the models look particularly interesting.

I'd dig a coue srm100s.  It's a really cool platform for stereo in good sounding rooms. 

chunger said:
Headbaskets are in stock. . . HT-11A's should be on the boat floating towards me any day now.  The factory has completed production and we have determined a freight forwarding company to handle the shipment.

Any idea on the ETA? I can't wait to order one!

Update:

Shipment is scheduled to land August 16.  This shipment will contain:

- HT-11A donor microphones
- 35mm K67 type capsules
- 35mm white capsule mounts

We are having some production problems with the custom C12 headbaskets with the factory, but stock is still healthy from the first production run/order.  They are unwilling to implement the changes requested to make the headbaskets according to original specs.  I am trying to recover the tooling that was made for me (paid complete tooling costs) and shift production to another factory.  Quality should improve, but price may increase slightly.

Mesh sample materials for the Gen 2 SYT-5 bodies have been received by my associate in China, so I am hoping a large production run of the gen 2 bodies will move forward quickly as all other aspects of the prototype were spot on.  Headbasket dimensions were compatible with first generation syt-5 microphones, so I will be ordering spares for people to purchase separately if they want to upgrade first generation bodies to the new headbasket.  I will also order spare microphone tubes for people who have mis-marked bodies on the pattern switch. 

Mesh samples for the Gen 2 GT-2B bodies have also been received.  I am making a few changes to the original specification on the GT-2B bodies, so these will take a little longer to iron out.  The final product should be rather spectacular though for the short-body 47 type microphone body.  This will likely be a proper 60mm tube body with 3 rail internal setup at 90 degrees. . . with sheetmetal inserts to make the body drop-in compatible with all rectangular PCB's designed around the 1st gen GT-2B bodies (FET47, mk47, M49, etc.)

Back