Unmarked Microphone bodies and parts (SYT-5, CU-49, HT-11A, GT-2B, and U47)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update:

The shipment of HT-11A microphones landed in port on the 14th of August, but now, the container has been upgraded to "intensive search", so we are experiencing delays in clearing the cargo.  We are now officially in a holding pattern before we can clear customs.  Sorry for the delays.

Final (hopefully) prototypes for SYT-5 and GT-2B microphones are being fabricated right now by the Chinese factory per my updated specs.  Both will share a 24mm threaded shock mount.  If all goes well, we may be in production soon.  I am fairly confident the SYT-5 will be spot on as the changes requested were fairly minor.  Match mesh materials to the provided sample, allow a bit more exposed thread at the base to solidly secure the shockmount, and clearance cut the inside bottom of the tube to provide a little more space for the AMI T67 transformer for poctop's DU67 kits.

The GT-2B specs have all been sent in, but I'll have to wait and see if we need to make any tweaks or corrections.

we are all itching here, you know!!!
BTW the mic parts arrived to the post today. I think this weekend will be a C12 weekend :D

One microphone at a time? only if it is fingers. And tongue.
Kidneys have to come on the u47 tooling

Or entire people inside a crate thats marked "microphones".  I have a friend that works at JFK airport in customs.  He used to deal with cargo before dealing with the dregs.  The stories he had...

Chunger, Thanks for the update.  I've been trying to remember to check the site daily to see if they're in yet. 
"Intensive Search" doesn't sound like fun for anyone involved!

UPDATE:  The microphones have passed through "intensive exam" and are now in the process of clearing customs.  Soon now!  Also lucky for me, I have additional ~$180 in fees because I guess I get to pay for the X-ray inspection and the intensive exam by CBP.  Awesome  :eek:

In the future, I will ask the freight forwarding company to please not place my cargo in the same container as the opium shipment.  ;D

chunger said:
In the future, I will ask the freight forwarding company to please not place my cargo in the same container as the opium shipment.  ;D

Opium ain't nearly as dangerous.

To me anyway.

MA

so you are shipping the microphones with a baggie of opium instead of gummy bears?

100 units of HT-11A are in my hands.  I will take new photos with the 3 headbasket options and they will go live on the webstore tonight.

jplebre said:
Don't tell me they are sold out already??? :S :(

That would be quite impossible. . . HT-11A's just went live now.  Sorry for the delays. I had to drag just under 1000 lbs. of microphones upstairs (no need to work out today).  Then, I had to take photos of the new mesh configurations that are available.  We are now officially back in stock!!!  Go get 'em.

Latest posts

Back