Unmarked Microphone bodies and parts (SYT-5, CU-49, HT-11A, GT-2B, and U47)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Payment also sent ;D.

Now I can return to patiently waiting for the SYT-5 to come in...

Chunger,  you're a legend.

so great you have the ht-11a's in stock, and the choice of head basket, have had my metachung guts finished and waiting for your mic, and that short head basket, think they look great...
order placed ;)

So Chunger, the tall single layer is based on the C12.  The new short basket is obviously ELAM251 inspired.  Did the larger dual mesh design ever appear in a production mic of old or is it a personal twist (combo) between the C12 and ELAM design?

Category 5 said:
So Chunger, the tall single layer is based on the C12.  The new short basket is obviously ELAM251 inspired.  Did the larger dual mesh design ever appear in a production mic of old or is it a personal twist (combo) between the C12 and ELAM design?

It did not. . . the ELAM inspired headbasket was NOT my design so I do not claim credit for it.  Several other OEM Chinese mics have it so I tracked it down.  It was also offered to me as an alternate initially when I proposed my custom headbasket design for manufacture.  When drawing up my custom headbasket, I had to choose between either the C12 look or the ELA look and I chose C12.  Wanting a dual layer option, but not wanting to do tooling for 2 different shapes, I decided to do a dual layer variant of the design I made.  I think the Type 2 dual layer option is still valid though in case someone simply prefers the sonics of the dual layer or is uncomfortable exposing their premium capsule to the very open single layer setup.  To be quite honest, I think the Type 1 and Type 3 setups will dominate sales and I will be holding onto Type 2 stock for some time.  Luckily I planned accordingly.

Due to high order volumes in the last few days, there will be some delays in shipping.  On the bright side, it seems the initial rush of orders has subsided and I should be able to catch up shortly.  Sorry about the delays.

kante1603 said:
Hi Chunger,

will you ever have the SYT-5 stock again?

Best regards,

Udo.

Yes,  currently, the factory is building prototype of the gen 2. SYT-5 and GT-2B bodies.  Once verified, these will go into production immediately.  No solid timeline until I have a prototype in my hands and all specifications are correct.

NEVER apologize for taking some time to get orders out.  You're providing something here that few others would dare to take on.  You just keep on rockin witcha bad self.

Kit arrived to the UK! Oo

That was fast!

Looking great, hoping to have a chance to put it together this week with stock capsule and valve (for now)

Got my 2 mics and upgrade kits delivered today.
Excellent packing and everything looks great, clearing off the bench to begin build right now!

jandoste said:
Hey Chunger,
Did you get my Paypal transition?
Thanks

Order received.  There are currently 17 orders ahead of yours in the shipping queue.  Sorry for the delays.  We are still experiencing unusually high volumes of orders.  If at any point you require a refund prior to shipping, please let me know and I will process that immediately.

Back