Unmarked Microphone bodies and parts (SYT-5, CU-49, HT-11A, GT-2B, and U47)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
d.redfern said:
Do you have any premium C12 or ELA251 kits still available? Many Thanks
Doug

Waiting for tskguy 's production batch of HK12 capsules in order for premium kits to be available.  I'm not going to rush him in any way on development because I would like above all for these capsules to be perfect.

UPADTE:

Production of the Gen. 2 SYT-5 bodies has begun.  I submitted a manufacturing deposit for a very large order of these.  I am tightly monitoring progress on these particularly the headbasket mesh configuration that I have been trying to get the factory to make correctly.  The new factory understands that these are a high priority and we hope to complete these soon.

We are out of stock on HT-11A bodies for the C12 and ELA M251 clone builds.  A follow up order was placed more than 2 months ago, but the supplying factory has had some delays.  They are usually very timely.  We should see these back in stock late February.  I am following up on an option to streamline these bodies to NOT include the complete microphone, case, and other auxiliary parts that we do not absolutely need for the kit.  This would reduce donor body cost as well as decrease overseas shipping significantly.  If this is an attractive proposition, please let me know.

C12 parts kits have been modified to include the required parts to run the alternate 12AT7 tube as well as the original 6072A tube.  I have also acquired a supply of NOS Mullard 12AT7 tubes and will be making these available on the webstore.  I have also obtained a quantity of NOS 6072A tubes 50's, 60's, and 70's.  Per my belief that microphone grade samples of these tubes should be preserved and paired with premium capsules (ie, Eric's new HK12 or Tim Campbell's CT12), I will only be selling NOS 6072A tubes in premium kits (not loose).

My entire family seems to have gotten sick over the holidays which has incurred delays in shipping.  I hope to catch up soon, but in the meantime, I apologize for the delays getting orders shipped out.  We are still steadily shipping but running about 10-12 days behind.  Thanks for your continued support.

chunger said:
d.redfern said:
Doug
We are out of stock on HT-11A bodies for the C12 and ELA M251 clone builds.  A follow up order was placed more than 2 months ago, but the supplying factory has had some delays.

Hey Chunger,

I ordered one HT-11A and a T14 on 12/31/13. Any chance my order made it in before you were out of stock of the HT-11A's? Just curious, no worries if not. Sorry to hear about your family getting sick and all the shipping complications. Thanks for all your great products.

-Kevin

DUDE GUY said:
chunger said:
d.redfern said:
Doug
We are out of stock on HT-11A bodies for the C12 and ELA M251 clone builds.  A follow up order was placed more than 2 months ago, but the supplying factory has had some delays.

Hey Chunger,

I ordered one HT-11A and a T14 on 12/31/13. Any chance my order made it in before you were out of stock of the HT-11A's? Just curious, no worries if not. Sorry to hear about your family getting sick and all the shipping complications. Thanks for all your great products.

-Kevin

All orders that were successfully placed through the webstore are accounted for and we have enough in stock to ship those out.

chunger said:
We are out of stock on HT-11A bodies for the C12 and ELA M251 clone builds.  A follow up order was placed more than 2 months ago, but the supplying factory has had some delays.  They are usually very timely.  We should see these back in stock late February.  I am following up on an option to streamline these bodies to NOT include the complete microphone, case, and other auxiliary parts that we do not absolutely need for the kit.  This would reduce donor body cost as well as decrease overseas shipping significantly.  If this is an attractive proposition, please let me know.

...if anyone is in more urgent need of one of these mics, in the interim until Chunger has them back in stock, I saw some available on eBay...I do not know the seller, but his feedback is positive...these are without the case...mic, cables, power supply, windscreen and mount:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Inch-Multipattern-Tube-Condenser-Microphone-Alctron-HST11a/111258098769

Hey hey. . . delays may have been to our advantage in donor microphone land.

I've negotiated parts only for the upcoming batch of mics which should bring costs down a good chunk and reduce wasted materials.

- HT-11A's will come with stripped body, choice of custom headbasket style (type 1, type 2, type 3), shock mount, and wood box
- PSU's will be available as a separate item in anticipation of many PSU options Matador is developing for the platform
- Chinese 7 pin XLR cables will be available as separate item (many people opt to upgrade to Gotham, Mogami, or other premium cable so why not save a few more dollars while we're streamlining)

- since the stripped body costs were very favorable, I am bringing in some 1st Gen GT-2B bodies because the price will be really nice for DIY and there are a lot of PCB kits that utilize this body.  I will continue development on the 2nd Gen GT-2B bodies, but those will be considerably more expensive to produce so I think I will continue to offer 1st Gen GT-2B as a great budget option as long as the relationship with this supplier continues to improve!

- 2nd gen. SYT-5 bodies are in production as mentioned before with our new factory partner.  These should be fantastic with updated 3 layer headbasket meshing ,and we are bringing in a huge shipment of them this time around.

We are bringing in 2x the number of HT-11A donor bodies than previous shipments and 3x SYT-5's.  I am trying my best to make sure these items stay in stock this time around.  Thanks for your continued support, and I hope to have more exciting news soon.

- HT-11A's will come with stripped body, choice of custom headbasket style (type 1, type 2, type 3), shock mount, and wood box
- PSU's will be available as a separate item in anticipation of many PSU options Matador is developing for the platform
- Chinese 7 pin XLR cables will be available as separate item (many people opt to upgrade to Gotham, Mogami, or other premium cable so why not save a few more dollars while we're streamlining)
- since the stripped body costs were very favorable, I am bringing in some 1st Gen GT-2B bodies because the price will be really nice for DIY and there are a lot of PCB kits that utilize this body.  I will continue development on the 2nd Gen GT-2B bodies, but those will be considerably more expensive to produce so I think I will continue to offer 1st Gen GT-2B as a great budget option as long as the relationship with this supplier continues to improve!
- 2nd gen. SYT-5 bodies are in production as mentioned before with our new factory partner.  These should be fantastic with updated 3 layer headbasket meshing ,and we are bringing in a huge shipment of them this time around.
We are bringing in 2x the number of HT-11A donor bodies than previous shipments and 3x SYT-5's.  I am trying my best to make sure these items stay in stock this time around.  Thanks for your continued support, and I hope to have more exciting news soon.
Awesome! Please also consider stocking the screw on shockmounts that came with the 1st gen of GT-2B... they were really nice (also worked with 1st gen SYT-5s) and I haven't been able to find another place to get them.

I'm interested in an HT-11A body, psu and boards. Do you have an expected eta and any pricing on the stripped bodies or the psu yet? Is the shockmount the standard HT11-A or the nicer larger one?

byoung said:
I'm interested in an HT-11A body, psu and boards. Do you have an expected eta and any pricing on the stripped bodies or the psu yet? Is the shockmount the standard HT11-A or the nicer larger one?

The stripped bodies should be in late February.  The shockmounts will be updated screw-type as opposed to the normal pinch type we have been using so far.  I believe they are marginally larger than the current ones and are "spider" type suspension.  Pricing will depend on final logistics costs as well as confirmation of our negotiated prices, but ballpark. . .

Body and shock mount - $75
Power Supply - $56
Wood Box - $14
OEM 7 pin cable - $25

These items will be broken up and ordered separately so for example, if you already have a case and plan to use a premium Gotham cable, you just order the body kit and power supply spend $131 and save $39 on your project.

chunger said:
byoung said:

The stripped bodies should be in late February.  The shockmounts will be updated screw-type as opposed to the normal pinch type we have been using so far.  I believe they are marginally larger than the current ones and are "spider" type suspension.  Pricing will depend on final logistics costs as well as confirmation of our negotiated prices, but ballpark. . .

Body and shock mount - $75
Power Supply - $56
Wood Box - $14
OEM 7 pin cable - $25

These items will be broken up and ordered separately so for example, if you already have a case and plan to use a premium Gotham cable, you just order the body kit and power supply spend $131 and save $39 on your project.

Will you sell the black plastic box also in the future? The wood box is for the mic only I suppose.

If the new shockmount is available by itself I may get one of those. I hate that pinch-style one.

TLRT said:
Will you sell the black plastic box also in the future? The wood box is for the mic only I suppose.

I have not been a fan of the plastic box due to the fragile hinge style and the tendency for the area of foam between the psu and the cables to become damaged during transit.  Also, I believe shipping will be less expensive without the black box as long as the wood box can fit inside a USPS medium flat rate box.  We will see.  I just realized that the wholesale price for Apex 460's through distributorship may not be as low as I thought it was so there is a possibility I can supply some of the low-volume semi-custom mic shops in the US.  If that happens, I will likely purchase a few complete mic kits in subsequent shipments.

There are some inexpensive aluminum cases available with modular dividers that have been suggested here on forum that should work better than the Alctron black plastic cases.  Also, I may custom design a case to hold multiple microphones in the future, but I am very extended on this China order as I have increased my quantities to nearly ridiculous in order to negotiate parts sales from the factory, so I don't think I can stretch much more.  As it is, the wife will probably hang me for the total cost of the shipment!

chunger said:
There are some inexpensive aluminum cases available with modular dividers that have been suggested here on forum that should work better than the Alctron black plastic cases.

...I agree with Chunger that there are better, more versatile and durable options available at pricepoints hard to beat:

http://www.harborfreight.com/18-x-12-34-x-6-aluminum-case-69318.html

http://www.harborfreight.com/18-x-13-x-6-Aluminum-Case-69315.html

http://www.harborfreight.com/11-x-7-x-4-Aluminum-Case-69316.html

Nice job scoping out those cases!  8)  I always have such a hard time finding deals on parts like that, or, the right part even...accessory woes.  :mad:  :'(

chunger said:
TLRT said:

I have not been a fan of the plastic box due to the fragile hinge style and the tendency for the area of foam between the psu and the cables to become damaged during transit.  Also, I believe shipping will be less expensive without the black box as long as the wood box can fit inside a USPS medium flat rate box.  We will see.  I just realized that the wholesale price for Apex 460's through distributorship may not be as low as I thought it was so there is a possibility I can supply some of the low-volume semi-custom mic shops in the US.  If that happens, I will likely purchase a few complete mic kits in subsequent shipments.

There are some inexpensive aluminum cases available with modular dividers that have been suggested here on forum that should work better than the Alctron black plastic cases.  Also, I may custom design a case to hold multiple microphones in the future, but I am very extended on this China order as I have increased my quantities to nearly ridiculous in order to negotiate parts sales from the factory, so I don't think I can stretch much more.  As it is, the wife will probably hang me for the total cost of the shipment!

Those aluminum cases are expensive here in Europe, my wife can customize the plastic boxes easily with custom pockets inside and outside for the cables and other accessories. So if you will keep some cases in stock I'll order them.
tok_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

UPDATE:  manufacturing has indeed begun on the gen 2 SYT-5 bodies.  I know a lot of folks have been waiting a long time for these, but I have emphasized to the factory that my #1 concern is the quality of the build.  Yes, we want them quickly, but we would much rather wait if they cannot complete the entire production run before the new years festival shuts everything down.

If indeed there are no reasonably priced case solutions available to the European market, I will look into having cases manufactured to a custom spec.  Reducing the shipping cost for these donor microphones is a priority for me, and with the wood box solution, it may be possible to reduce the average shipping to European customers by about $30 which is pretty significant.  Another alternative would be to start importing to a European based distributor.  None of these ideas are very concrete. . . just running some numbers to see if it is feasible at the volumes I'm currently ordering.  I would also have to learn all of the overhead costs involved in import of cargo shipments to Europe.  I'm just starting to figure everything out for the US.  We shall see!

I'm surprised there is not a "european" Harbor Freight Tools equivalent that imports low-cost tool items from China.

Just got confirmation that the new ht-11a microphone shipment will be parts only as requested with upgraded shock mount and wood box.  This should result in savings for both the donor mic and shipping costs.  I also increased the total units ordered by 2.5x so they should remain in stock longer than last time.

chunger said:
I'm surprised there is not a "european" Harbor Freight Tools equivalent that imports low-cost tool items from China.

Yes there are similar items here, but they are more expensive than in the US. I can order from UK, or from Germany, but with the high shipping costs it doesn't worth it.

Latest posts

Back