Unmarked Microphone bodies and parts (SYT-5, CU-49, HT-11A, GT-2B, and U47)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First, thanks for the top notch C12 kit.  :) Second, are there a waitlist or cue for the donor bodies? If so, I'd gladly be in it.

Best,
Olle

Conviction said:
First, thanks for the top notch C12 kit.  :) Second, are there a waitlist or cue for the donor bodies? If so, I'd gladly be in it.

Best,
Olle

Hi Olle,

There is no wait list.  There should be enough in stock of all types to last at least a few months.  I think everyone who wants one should be easily accommodated.  If there is a weak link as far as number of mics it will be the 1st Gen. GT-2B donor bodies.  Because I am actively developing the gen 2 bodies and quite honestly because I ran out of funds, I ordered fewer of that type than the rest.

Hi Chunger,

Here in France you can find some inexpensive aluminum cases available with modular dividers.
They are the same that kidvybes has found!!

http://www.leroymerlin.fr/v3/p/produits/petite-valise-en-aluminium-dexter-32cm-e12196

Leroy Merlin is based in EU

Just a warning...
Although the case you mentioned may be fine, I once had a bad experience with an 'aluminium' case.
The case I once bought looked like an aluminium case, but after a closer look I discovered that it was just metalized plastic, glued on thin plywood.
And what was worse: the plastic layer soon came loose!

Ruud, you are right that could be... I'll have a look next week , the shop is by my place and there is a lot of these boxes on a shelf...

Hi Chunger
I want another full HT11a mike with power supply etc. Dont need the capsule. Will you still be ding this.
Spencer

Hi Chunger,

I too would like to be on the gen 2 SYT-5 body waiting list.  Can you please put me down for two bodies?

Thanks!
Trevor

spencer26 said:
Hi Chunger
I want another full HT11a mike with power supply etc. Dont need the capsule. Will you still be ding this.
Spencer

Hi Spencer,

As of right now, I have arranged for a parts order at high volume for this batch.  So, I will not have complete microphones.  Power supplies however will be complete.  I didn't want to push the issue of buying them with just the primaries wired in.  The OEM has some q/c methods for their psu's and I want at least that level of verification.

Right now, I am wayyyy over extended on this combined shipment and negotiations with the factory were not easy so I do not want to rock the boat.  But please let me know what you want.  If I continue to get requests from individuals and small scale manufacturers for complete mic kits, I can work on continuing to stock those.  For now, I apologize for the changes.  For the kit builder and customers not in the US, this should be very good because we reduce e-waste and shave some cost.

Hi Chunger
I want as complete mike as I can get but without the capsule as I will use the RK12 like I did on the previous mike you sent me.
Will the mike come with the Alctron Transformer as it sounds great in the mike I modded. I used the Fox Mini-Mod with the Microphone parts capsule.
Spencer

spencer26 said:
Hi Chunger
I want as complete mike as I can get but without the capsule as I will use the RK12 like I did on the previous mike you sent me.
Will the mike come with the Alctron Transformer as it sounds great in the mike I modded. I used the Fox Mini-Mod with the Microphone parts capsule.
Spencer

Email me and I can arrange something.  I pulled out at least 3 sets of stock "guts" when doing demonstration and prototyping builds.  I can give you those and you would be good to go.  I'm very sure other probably have those in their spare parts bins now too.

any chance of new pics of the new prototypes - particularly the basket (screen) mesh for the SYT-5 too?

so glad you did another run - I just bought a Aurycle about 2 weeks before I saw your post for doing another batch - think Im gonna re-order PCB's for the square body and scrap the Aurycle build

again thank you Chunger

sr1200 said:
Mayfly, read about 4 posts up.

Thank you sr1200.  Actually that post only specifically mentioned the HT11a bodies, which is why I specifically asked about the upcoming SYT-5 shipment.  Please accept my apologies for the confusion.

Trevor

Hi chunger,
I'm looking to make ioaudio's MK47 and I'd be interested in taking one of your GT-2B's off your hands when you get them in stock.

Cheers!

1st gen gt-2b bodies have been ordered

Ht-11a bodies have been ordered

Gen 2 SYT-5 bodies are in production

Gen 2 GT-2B have not yet been prototyped

Loose power supplies have been ordered in anticipation od upcoming new kits Matador is prototyping.

Fully regulated psu design is in prototype phase.

Flexible SMPS psu design is in prototype phase.

Production has started with new factory on single layer ht-11a headbaskets.  Stock is still ok but another run of single layer will needed.  Quality should improve dramatically.

U87 clone SMPS  " AI" booster boards are live on the webstore

Shipment delays on cinemag transformers.

China has shut down for the lunar new year festivities.  Factoies will have to ramp up again after the break.

chunger said:
Loose power supplies have been ordered in anticipation od upcoming new kits Matador is prototyping.

Did I miss something? Is this an ELA or an updated designed C12?

chunger said:
1st gen gt-2b bodies have been ordered

China has shut down for the lunar new year festivities.  Factoies will have to ramp up again after the break.

Thanks for the quick update! Plus I know first hand about CNY shutdown - I work in Beijing, Hong Kong and Singapore and I'm home for the holidays!  :D

So many have expressed frustration with the passive PSU design and finding correct operating points for various tubes, etc:  so I've designed a fully regulated PSU (with true fixed bias!) that should behave across tube and bias changes.  It's essentially a triple high-voltage linear supply, with the common transformer -> rectifier -> caps -> linear adjustable regulator scheme.  It's designed to work with the stock Alctron transformer and fit into the stock Alctron PSU case.

You just dial in 120V and -1V, and you'll get that, even as the tube ages, or you even switch to a completely different tube.  Noise/performance should be comparable to the stock design, however since the output impedance is very small (compared to the passive design), the sound probably will change in subtle (and hotly debatable) ways.

It also has fully isolated PSU rails, so negative heaters are possible!

Matador and Chunger, you guys are animals!  lol  When can I get this new PSU design? Also, how goes it with the rumored 251?  tell me you guys figured out how to get the switching into the mic instead of the PSU ;)

Back