Unmarked Microphone bodies and parts (SYT-5, CU-49, HT-11A, GT-2B, and U47)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update:  SYT-5 production had a snag and my associate at the factory demanded the base rings for the headbaskets be re-machined before moving forward with soldering the mesh layers into place.  Factory was reminded that "This is an important client.  Make a good first impression.".  All parts move to plating after those are complete.  I am glad to have eyes on the ground at the factory this time and someone advocating for me who has enough pull to make a move like that.  Efforts to make the order quantities sufficiently large are paying off as we are getting more love from the folks in charge.  I sincerely appreciate the support and patience from the DIY community that has made that possible.  I know it has been a long wait for the gen. 2 SYT-5's and you guys have choices when purchasing bodies.  I am determined to make sure they are higher quality, priced well, and readily available after we get through this tedious development phase.

I do not think this will adversely effect my updated time estimate of mid-April for "in-stock" status.  The Alctron order is the limiting factor on that and it is looking like I will combine the cargo freight.

Also, Cinemag has finally completed a large order of transformers that I have been waiting for.  I know a 2-3 people have had their orders delayed for quite a while waiting for these.  Those orders will be shipping soon.

That is all for now.

I'm eagerly awaiting your GT-2B as I've purchased one of ioaudio's last remaining MK47 kits. I'll keep my eyes open for the "In Stock" status.

Thanks for keeping up with quality control and thanks for the update!

Cheers mate!

I placed an order on the studio939 online store last week. Eagerly waiting for order. Never received order conf or shipping notification etc. just want to make sure my order went through?

LHS said:
I placed an order on the studio939 online store last week. Eagerly waiting for order. Never received order conf or shipping notification etc. just want to make sure my order went through?

Hi,

I can't locate your order based on GroupDIY username.  My system does not send a confirmation outside of the paypal invoice.  If you want me to check your position in the queue, please email me [email protected] with the name you placed the order under or other details that will allow me to track it down.

Right now, I am shipping orders placed 2/26/14 . . . along with a few prior orders delayed by longer than anticipated Cinemag lead time.  Please let me know at any time prior to shipping if you desire a refund!

VasilisZois said:
Are the SYT-5 microphone body kits still available?

Keep your eye on this thread.  The latest updates are posted here.  These are nearing completion at the factory and should be available best guess mid April.

shipping backlog was cleared early this week!  It's been a long time since I've been able to clear the queue.

...anyone in the US who may be looking for a good quality road-case for your DIY tube mics, Harbor Freight now has stock of this aluminum case
18" x 13" x 6" (works well for this use) that has been reduced from $39.99 to $23.99 with an additional 20% off in the month of March...link and coupon below:

CASE: http://www.harborfreight.com/18-x-13-x-6-aluminum-case-69315.html

COUPON: http://www.harborfreight.com/20off-coupon912-aff-11.html

I am in for a full C12kit if it becomes available again
Having an original C12 here waiting for a new home :)

Hi Chunger and everyone !

Any news concerning the GT-2B V.2 ?

I got sparkles in the eyes when I saw the prototype of U47FET body by AMI, hope yours looks as good if not better !

Cheers.

UPDATE:

I believe we will have to shift our ETA for microphone shipment from China by about 2 weeks.  This is not based on any new information, but I have not received final confirmation from the factories that the order has been completed.  Taking into account a 3-8 day wire transfer processing delay, cargo ship freight time, and customs clearing, I think it is safe to say we will not be seeing product in stock by my previous mid-April estimation.

The next communication I get from the factories should be confirmation that our items are ready.

UPDATE:

Eric Heiserman HK12 capsule development is near completion.  We have a VERY good  prototype up and running on final production metalwork.  The longer than normal development cycle on this capsule is largely due to the requirement to be able to scale up as needed and ensure a "proper" capsule will be available on reasonable lead times for DIY.  Final testing and spec verification now.

p535909687-5.jpg

These will be available in our webstore at best current estimate in about a month. . . likely premium full kits will role out at the same time.

Update on microphone production status:

There is currently a severe smog problem in Shanghai right now, and the government has ordered metal coating facilities to shut down until air improves.  This is causing delays in our production as well as all microphones coming out of China.

How much will the HK12 cost by itself, and will comparison clips be posted versus an authentic C12?

Melodeath00 said:
How much will the HK12 cost by itself, and will comparison clips be posted versus an authentic C12?

$425 - Same pricing as directly from Eric.  I carry the tiniest sliver of a margin on these, but am pretty much just "passing them through" as a service and pre-purchase in bulk to cover development/production costs.  I will get test clips up as soon as I am able to arrange a proper test session.

UPDATE:  Alctron has updated me on the status of our order, and it will be finished before the end of the month.  This means:

- Ht-11A donor mics
- Gt-2B 1st gen donor mics
- loose PSU's

will be coming across the ocean at that time.

Gen 2 SYT-5's are still in development limbo.  It is absolutely infuriating trying to get a 3 layer headbasket mesh correct from the Chinese factory.  All of the frame rails, tubes, headbasket base and hoop pieces are ready.  I need them to show me a correct headbasket to confirm and then they get stamped, soldered together, and off to the plating.  We are 2/3 of the way to the correct configuration.  Hopefully, the next couple days will see a correct sample!

Thanks for your patience.

UPDATE:

Alctron is finished building my order!!  ;D

- GT-2B 1st gen
- HT-11A donor bodies
- loose Alctron PSU units

will be coming my way via cargo ship as soon as my wire transfer clears and my associate in China can arrange a container.  I am not consolidating orders with the SYT-5 microphones because i know many people have been waiting for these parts and the Alctron order by itself is quite large just by itself.  Thank you for your patience.  We should be in stock with all of these units for a good few months at least.  I ordered a lot.

As for the SYT-5's, I had a productive phone conversation with my associate while he was physically at the factory clarifying the details of the gen 2 mesh configuration which the factory has been getting wrong in the last 3 prototypes.  We were able to locate and verify the correct materials IN STOCK at the factory so the next prototype should be spot on.  This is the final hurdle on the SYT-5 development.  All other parts of the microphone are already completed (base cap, frame rails, headbasket base, headbasket hoop, shock mounts).  Once the headbaskets are pressed and soldered in, the whole lot goes to plating all together.  Once the 1st batch is processed through to completion, follow-up orders should be very smooth and I should be able to keep them perpetually in stock if I plan properly.

More news will be posted here no this thread as soon as I receive it!

reginator said:
Gt-2B - come to papa!  ;D

Back