Unmarked Microphone bodies and parts (SYT-5, CU-49, HT-11A, GT-2B, and U47)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, we've seen this sort of thing before.
In fact, it may play a part in their willingness to build all these things (at a relatively low cost) to begin with.
Cuts both ways.

UPDATE:  Alctron shipment has been picked up and I am currently taking new product photos, calculating total logistical costs, setting final pricing, and updating the webstore.

UPDATE:  Webstore has been updated and new items are in stock.  There are still a few small items I need to add but the majority of the new parts are listed and in stock.  I have not updated the white market thread yet with the latest photos.  I also have not yet adjusted the shipping costs on the kits so they may be a bit high.  I will refund excess shipping (if any) via paypal when I process the orders.

Please note, I will get an initial influx of orders and there will likely be delays in shipping.

reginator said:
Any stylistic difference in the GT-2B to the previous model; shape, color/finish? I'll purchase it either way, just curious.  8)

There are no differences from the previous GT-2B model.

sr1200 said:
Did the syt-5s come in and sell out already.

SYT-5 are still being manufactured.  I have 2 final samples in my hands and will post photos soon.  We will not run out any time soon once they arrive.  This is a very large production run.

HT-11A and 1st gen. GT-2B bodies are in stock now.

So first gen GT-2B is in stock. Is gen 2 still being developed, or was it abandoned? I'm glad things are starting to get back in stock. I'm looking forward to seeing pics of the new SYT-5. I've been waiting to start my U67 as long as I can remember.

Melodeath00 said:
So first gen GT-2B is in stock. Is gen 2 still being developed, or was it abandoned? I'm glad things are starting to get back in stock. I'm looking forward to seeing pics of the new SYT-5. I've been waiting to start my U67 as long as I can remember.

I am still actively working on the gen 2.  With the problems the factory was having getting the syt5 correct, I decided to tackle the projects one at a time.  In the interim, I got great pricing on the 1st gen mics and feel it will be a great budget diy option even after the gen 2 bodies are available so I plan to keep them in the lineup.

Hi Chung

Congratulations on getting things back in stock! Sounds like it was a huge effort.

I've been sitting on some tubes and capsules for some time to do a C12 and a U47 build and have been watching this thread eagerly. I'm definitely ordering bits from you for the C12 build...but...I have one eye on max's latest U47 project and I'm holding off on an order until I see exactly what he is offering...

My question is are the GT-2B bodies or HT-11A / C12 kits likely to run out of stock in the next week or two? I'd hate to miss out through hesitation...

Thanks in advance.

I just want to say thank you, from someone who is on a serious budget right now. When you said there would be a price drop I had no idea it would be that much!

I have the question regarding the body dimensions... how similar in this regard are the SYT-5 and original Neumann U67/87 body?
Looking to the dimensions it should look pretty the same but I saw some pictures where SYT-5 was quite smaller.
If this theme was opened somewhere else please excuse me and post the link. Thanks!

bancho said:
I have the question regarding the body dimensions... how similar in this regard are the SYT-5 and original Neumann U67/87 body?
Looking to the dimensions it should look pretty the same but I saw some pictures where SYT-5 was quite smaller.
If this theme was opened somewhere else please excuse me and post the link. Thanks!

Attachments

• DonorBody.jpg
    DonorBody.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 91
Hello everyone.  Please note we have a large backlog of orders right now and shipping lead times will have extended delays.  I am also working 20 hour days The my real job to complete an install so I have not had a chance to pack any orders this week.  I apologize for the inconvenience.  Please contact me at any time for a refund prior to shipping if you made any errors or change your mind.

Also, please note I have not had a chance to recalculate my microphone shipping rates from the VERY large and heavy full microphone configurations.  I will refund excess shipping charges when I process orders individually.

micaddict said:
Yes, we've seen this sort of thing before.
In fact, it may play a part in their willingness to build all these things (at a relatively low cost) to begin with.
Cuts both ways.

...and it continues to reverberate through the China-sourced microphone community...

...latest example:

http://advancedaudio.ca/collections/tube-mocrophones/products/cm251

Attachments

• CM251_grande.jpg
    CM251_grande.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 75
Do the GT-2B bodies come with 3-pin and 7-pin XLR connectors? Or one or the other?

Thanks for all your work, Chunger.

I asked this thru the store contact with no reply.  I know you're super busy.
You stated you were going to get seperate power supplies for sale.
I don't see them at the store.
Did they arrive with this shipment and if so how can I purchase 2 of them?

Latest posts

Back