Unmarked Microphone bodies and parts (SYT-5, CU-49, HT-11A, GT-2B, and U47)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the 60mm shockmount is a dual ring attachment with flip-style tension tabs.  Similar to the way the Flea mount works, but different dimensions on the exterior of the mount and the finish/build quality is not as good.

Hi Guys
I need a couple of circuit boards and transformers from out of the Alctron HT11a.
I am hoping maybe somebody has pulled some out of a complete rebuild of the HT11a.
I have bought 2 of the new delivery of HT11 bodies from Chunger and already have the mod kits for the Alctron circuit boards.
If anybody has any I wiil pay to get them.
Thanks Spencer

spencer26 said:
Hi Guys
I need a couple of circuit boards and transformers from out of the Alctron HT11a.
I am hoping maybe somebody has pulled some out of a complete rebuild of the HT11a.
I have bought 2 of the new delivery of HT11 bodies from Chunger and already have the mod kits for the Alctron circuit boards.
If anybody has any I wiil pay to get them.
Thanks Spencer

Sent PM.

Hi Guys!

First of all; big thx to Chunger for making all the efforts with the mic bodies; they are wonderful!

Just one note about the PSU:s before you happily start to solder away;
On the 7-PIN XLR, PIN 4 (white) is soldered to ground, which can be hard to see if you leave the XLR:s in the chassis after you take out the old PCB.

Sorry if it mentioned elsewhere or common knowledge, but I thought I'd mention it anyway since I almost missed this..  ::)

Best,
Michael

I will be out of town for the next couple of weeks.  The shipping queue has been mostly cleared except for 2 outstanding orders that I brought with me mostly packed.  They are missing Mullard 12AT7 tubes, and I have a re-supply inbound to my current location.

For orders placed 8/2 and later, I will process and pack as soon as I get back in the order received.

UPDATE:

SYT-5 gen. 2 microphones are on the boat and scheduled to arrive 8/16.

Chinese 35mm K67 type capsules will also be re-stocked around 8/16.

Also at that time, I will post microphone shockmounts as separate items as I have received some inquiries about 60mm U47 mounts as well as upgrade 44mm mounts for the HT-11A microphones to the current, more robust style.

Went to insert my FET47 PCB into a GT-2B mic body, and I realized I didn't have any screws for it. Anyone know the proper screw size for the GT-2B?

They are standard M2 screws in the microphone bodies.
Generally, the shorter the better, but I cut mine to the right length which worked fine.

I just finished a D-U47fet myself the other day, and it looks very good in the GT-2B body!

Best,
Michael

I just received word back from AMI, and they are starting to resume business operations and transformer production of their established models.  This means I will re-stock T14, T49, and T67 units soon and return the premium complete kits to the AMI T14.

chunger said:
I just received word back from AMI, and they are starting to resume business operations and transformer production of their established models.  This means I will re-stock T14, T49, and T67 units soon and return the premium complete kits to the AMI T14.

Bittersweet, but good news that the work of Oliver Archut will continue to influence the mics we build and use.  Thanks for the update Chunger.

gen 2 SYT5 bodies have landed.  They are currently in customs. 

After some initial contact with AMI, they have stopped responding to my inquiries so as of now, i still cannot get transformers.  In the interim, kits have been shifted over to cinemag transformers and prices adjusted accordingly.

Hey Chunger,
Don't know if its worth it for you to do this but have you considered stocking replacement elastics and the screw tightening arrangement on the shock mount that always breaks. (posted a picture of the type that always breaks)

Cheers

Attachments

• mQ_EBx7vLAzXMtOtcEKHBmw.jpg
    mQ_EBx7vLAzXMtOtcEKHBmw.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 25
benqbasic said:
Hey Chunger,
Don't know if its worth it for you to do this but have you considered stocking replacement elastics and the screw tightening arrangement on the shock mount that always breaks. (posted a picture of the type that always breaks)

I haven't had a problem so far with shock mount failures in the studio for the ones that I carry.  Can you elaborate on the issue?  I have had elastic failure which was resolved by re-crimping the ends of the band together, so I should inquire about stocking spares for those.

chunger said:
gen 2 SYT5 bodies have landed.  They are currently in customs. 

After some initial contact with AMI, they have stopped responding to my inquiries so as of now, i still cannot get transformers.  In the interim, kits have been shifted over to cinemag transformers and prices adjusted accordingly.

Mr. Chunger you are the man!

I'm waiting for these bodies from last October.
Can't wait to finish the D87.

Sorry Chunger, I didn't mean I've had one of your product fail.
Just in general I have found the thread on the thumb screws strips easily.
I notice the shock mount you have with your latest run of bodies look a like a high quality than the stock standard hst-11a.
I might have to order a few of those as replacements when you stock them separately.

Cheers,
Ben

chunger said:
benqbasic said:
Hey Chunger,

I haven't had a problem so far with shock mount failures in the studio for the ones that I carry.  Can you elaborate on the issue?  I have had elastic failure which was resolved by re-crimping the ends of the band together, so I should inquire about stocking spares for those.

I broke a thumb screw on one of those cheap shock mounts (not Chungers) as well. You get what you pay for, right?

Volume11 said:
I broke a thumb screw on one of those cheap shock mounts (not Chungers) as well. You get what you pay for, right?

You do get what you pay for.  ;) But what i want to pay for is a quality thumb screw.  :eek:

Could I please get a recap on the SYT-5 gen. 2? The tail piece that screws into the shockmount is extra long, but this is purely aesthetic? The mounting system cannot be easily raised to put the capsule at the proper relative height? How will this be fixed?

What will be the price?

I'm trying to plan for this U67 that has been waiting for bodies to be in stock.

I'm sure Chunger will chime in with the specifics, but from what I can see, it appears the only difference is that the factory extended the threaded part of the tailpiece, so it should not have any effect other than aesthetics, and once the mic is mounted, even that factor is further diminished (see post below)...

...IMHO, much less of an issue than the early run of SYT-5 bodies with the polar-pattern switch markings shuffled...

Attachments

• extended.tailpiece.jpg
    extended.tailpiece.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 30
...and with shockmount...

Attachments

• SYT5.V2.jpg.JPG
    SYT5.V2.jpg.JPG
    133.5 KB · Views: 47
...it's interesting, that the Alctron MK47 replica body also has an extended tailpiece (but not threaded to the end), and that mic doesn't even employ a base-attached shock mount...seems the Chinese have an affinity for long tailpieces  ;)

Attachments

• p1396522752-4.jpg
    p1396522752-4.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 30

Latest posts

Back