Unmarked Microphone bodies and parts (SYT-5, CU-49, HT-11A, GT-2B, and U47)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi Chunger,  I just ordered some parts this morning on your site.  Saw you are out of the c12/251 parts bag.
I'm only short a few parts and wonder if you could sell me any of the following?

5000pF x 2,  100pFx2,  30M x 2,  250M x2,  (or 100M x 4)

thanks,  Lance 
  p.s.  my ordering  the  u47 shock mount  is not a mistake.

The first 30 mk67 kits just arrived from Austria!

p368370634-4.jpg

MK67 "bare bones" kits are live on the webstore.  Unofficial recommended components if you are wanting a more inclusive "kit".

- Alctron TPS-100 powers supply
- Gotham GAC-7 cable
- 2nd gen SYT-5 body

The official build recommends modifying the stock Alctron PSU, so the cost for that component is minimal.  The following items would need to still be sourced:

- EF86 or alt tube
- capsule (Neumann/Sennheiser, Eric Heiserman HK67, etc.)

Heiserman capsule and Amperex EF86 in prototype build below:

p634891890-5.jpg

Has it been tested with the modified Alctron psu? Wondering if the heater filtering is sufficient for this mic, since the tube bias is coming from the heater supply.

dmp said:
Has it been tested with the modified Alctron psu? Wondering if the heater filtering is sufficient for this mic, since the tube bias is coming from the heater supply.

This is Max's recommended setup so i am building according to his specs.  The next revision of our C12 psu has floated heater ground as well so should be able to be used more "universally" for various mics including U67.

chunger said:
dmp said:

This is Max's recommended setup so i am building according to his specs.  The next revision of our C12 psu has floated heater ground as well so should be able to be used more "universally" for various mics including U67.

You mean the regulated universal one? or revision 2 of the passive C12 supply?  I was just thinking that the C12 supply could modified to work as well, and be more elegant than the fugly stock Chinese supply with it's generic 85C caps and lack of terminal blocks.

Both of them will have this. . .. the regulated one and the passive one (C12 2nd revision). 

In the interim, i see no harm in running the modded stock unit. . . It is a righteously priced option and if you put the trim pot in the original pattern switch location, can be accomplished in probably under 30 min.

Hi Chunger,
Any idea when you'll have some of the AMI transformers back in stock at your store?    I know the story with AMI, just wondering if you had any feel for when they might be back on their feet.  The transformer is the last part I need to complete my U67.  Alternatively, if it's going to be awhile yet, would you sell one of Max's transformers by itself?  I've already long ago built Poctop's board....
Thanks!
Warren

Hello Warren,

All AMI transformers are currently in production and shipping.  You can contact them directly and order.  The only hinderance to me being re-supplied is they are no longer offering me the same volume pricing arrangement that I enjoyed with Oliver, so it is possible I will not be able to carry the product line in my webstore.

We have been going back and forth a little bit with conversations.  Do not hesitate to call them up and place an order.  It is likely in stock.

Alctron mk47 stripped bodies are complete at the factory.  . . I should have these in hand and available in 3-5 weeks if all goes well.  These are 3 rail 90 degree orientation, so they are very conducive to PCB based builds.

p646983353-4.jpg

p814114061-4.jpg

p1396522844-4.jpg

Great news Chunger.  Any chance these will be drilled/tapped for that mk47 dropper resistor?

Planning to bring in u47 boxes too?

Yeah. . . the cost is higher than I wanted from the factory, but I think these will be ~$270.00 and include the body and a shock mount. 

I am still developing the gen 2 SYT-5 bodies in short and mid-length form factor which should be better machined and have better rails.  It is possible those will be better priced but development always takes forever so who knows when those will be ready.

Back