Unmarked Microphone bodies and parts (SYT-5, CU-49, HT-11A, GT-2B, and U47)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Chunger,

I just received my gen 2 SYT-5 and the mesh is closer together than the pics in this thread. 

Is the first image Gen 1 and the second Gen 2?
p1163680718-4.jpg

SYT-5.jpg

Thanks,

Vetsen

Vetsen said:
Hey Chunger,

I just received my gen 2 SYT-5 and the mesh is closer together than the pics in this thread. 

Is the first image Gen 1 and the second Gen 2?
p1163680718-4.jpg

SYT-5.jpg

Thanks,

Vetsen

Yes, the first picture is Gen 1 which is a wider mesh than the 2nd gen which is closer to the original.

It would be great if the machining on the base could just be a slot so folk could Dymo their own labels in there?  The Behringer B2 has this only i recall the diameter of the slot is smaller than the smallest dymo reel size :(  Could use the plastic or even metal embossed tape as per: http://global.dymo.com/ieIE/LabelsOverview/Embossed_Tapes.html

chunger said:
Searching for a good low-cost 87/67 body option, I have located a good candidate that fits the large rectangular style PCB's.

p951791519-4.jpg

Winetree said:
Chunger,
Are any wooden boxes for the SYT-5 Gen 1 coming over, this time, on the boat?

...while not ideal, the C12 wood box will do in a pinch...

Attachments

• 20150123_193226.jpg
    20150123_193226.jpg
    647.7 KB · Views: 81
A few important updates:

- GT-2B microphone have been put back in stock.  I located one more carton of bodies at the bottom of my pile.  This should maintain stock until the new shipment clears customs near the end of the month.

- All orders are SEVERELY delayed right now as I had a series of work deadlines and the household is a bit sick right now.  I will be attempting to gain ground on the shipping queue late this week.

- We are out of stock on C12 PCB sets and will be moving to a new revision board with a few exciting technical improvements.  Details to come as I prototype the new boards.  The power supply will change slightly and new build documentation is already completed to reflect those changes.  http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=58054.msg739085#msg739085

- pending orders for old revision C12 boards will be given some options. . . refund, discount and shipment of current revision prototype PCB (100% functional), or hold order until production batch of new revision boards arrive.

chunger said:
A few important updates:

- GT-2B microphone have been put back in stock.  I located one more carton of bodies at the bottom of my pile.  This should maintain stock until the new shipment clears customs near the end of the month.

- All orders are SEVERELY delayed right now as I had a series of work deadlines and the household is a bit sick right now.  I will be attempting to gain ground on the shipping queue late this week.

- We are out of stock on C12 PCB sets and will be moving to a new revision board with a few exciting technical improvements.  Details to come as I prototype the new boards.  The power supply will change slightly and new build documentation is already completed to reflect those changes.  http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=58054.msg739085#msg739085

- pending orders for old revision C12 boards will be given some options. . . refund, discount and shipment of current revision prototype PCB (100% functional), or hold order until production batch of new revision boards arrive.

Can you tell us about any of the changes Chunger?  Are you guys floating the high-Z section now?  I think that will improve troubleshooting since a lot or issues are due to the flux contamination and the difficulty of getting the boards totally clean.

Also, any update on the new version of the GT-2B and the MK47 bodies?  MK47 PSU?

Thanks!

duantro said:
Ordered a c12,  type 4 from your store.  thanks

Same here, plus a type 2 custom basket and parts. Hope he's catching up on processing delays.  It's my first build, so I'm going to try an RK-12 capsule and also an M251 conversion layout. Can't wait to see how it compares to a vintage C12.

UPDATE:  I have received a re-supply shipment from China and unloaded it today.  I apologize for the delays on this shipment.  Port strikes up and down the US West Coast and x-ray examination of the container with my cargo severely delayed freight delivery times.

The following items will be updated to the webstore shortly.

- Alctron MK47 (U47 clone) microphone bodies
- U47 shock mounts (back in stock)
- upgrade HT-11A shock mounts available separately
- GT-2B M27 threaded shock mounts available separately
- GT-2B microphones (back in stock)

I have a lot of development work to do for verifying the next generation C12 PCB sets and am still currently working with a long packing backlog, so I apologize for the delays.

chunger said:
UPDATE: ...
The following items will be updated to the webstore shortly.
- upgrade HT-11A shock mounts available separately...

I have a lot of development work to do for verifying the next generation C12 PCB sets and am still currently working with a long packing backlog, so I apologize for the delays.

Will HT-11A Body Kits ship with the upgraded shock mounts?
Any chance that orders in place as of the 13th will ship by the end of this week? :)

Back