Unmarked Microphone bodies and parts (SYT-5, CU-49, HT-11A, GT-2B, and U47)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HHH said:
chunger said:
UPDATE: ...
The following items will be updated to the webstore shortly.
- upgrade HT-11A shock mounts available separately...

I have a lot of development work to do for verifying the next generation C12 PCB sets and am still currently working with a long packing backlog, so I apologize for the delays.

Will HT-11A Body Kits ship with the upgraded shock mounts?
Any chance that orders in place as of the 13th will ship by the end of this week? :)

The body kits will certainly still ship with shock mounts.  The loose mounts are available primarily for people using older apex 460s or very early runs of mics.

Hi,

Ordered two SYT-5 for U87, Mar 16, 2015, Still did not get it. How long it usually takes to receive the bodies?

Also tried to contact Chunger with no success, PM or via the web.

Thanks!

kmozart said:
Hi,

Ordered two SYT-5 for U87, Mar 16, 2015, Still did not get it. How long it usually takes to receive the bodies?

Also tried to contact Chunger with no success, PM or via the web.

Thanks!
I know my order email said to expect delays

Currently packing orders placed ~18 days ago.  I am in development phase for a few key items so shipping lead time delays will continue to be long until I am through verifying the rev. 1.4 C12 and ELA M251 microphone boards.  The next revision power supply boards are already verified and fully documented.

Chunger, any details on the ELA M251 pcbs? Are these going to laid out ptp like your c12 pcb? Are you looking at relays for the pattern switching? Any other differences compared to the poctop pcbs?

Hi Chunger,
I just received a SYT-5 from you. Beautiful mic body, I'm very pleased! I have one quick question; do you know what screw size the holes for securing the circuit boards are?
They're some seriously tiny little guys and I'd like to try to find the right ones before I do anything along the lines of drilling and re-tapping them.
Thanks!

JaysonP said:
Hi Chunger,
I just received a SYT-5 from you. Beautiful mic body, I'm very pleased! I have one quick question; do you know what screw size the holes for securing the circuit boards are?
They're some seriously tiny little guys and I'd like to try to find the right ones before I do anything along the lines of drilling and re-tapping them.
Thanks!

They should be M2 screws.

Thanks.
M2!!! oooh... Looks like I'm gonna be drillin' and tappin' - I don't think I'm going to find those at Lowes! (I wonder if I could fish a few out of the guts of some broken hard drives...)

If you are in the US, mcmaster carr sells these in low quantity at reasonable prices with fast shipping.  Better hardware or hobbie stores should carry M2 screws . My local ACE hardware carries them.

JaysonP said:
Thanks.
M2!!! oooh... Looks like I'm gonna be drillin' and tappin' - I don't think I'm going to find those at Lowes! (I wonder if I could fish a few out of the guts of some broken hard drives...)

Coincidentally,  if you decide to re-tap a M2 screw, the hole doesn't quite leave enough thread depth to reliably tap a 2-56 screw...I found this out the hard way after stripping a few.  If you re-tap, move up to 4-40.

Hey Chunger.  I've been trying to email you and I'm sure you are really busy, but I'm trying to get my order straightened out with you.  I'm still missing one MK47 mic body from my order.

On March 21 I ordered two MK47 kits.  (Order # MGPY-903186)

So far I've only received (1) MK47 mic body and (2) shock mounts.

Can we get the other mic body shipped out please?  Thanks.

James Humphreys

vinylwall said:
Hey Chunger.  I've been trying to email you and I'm sure you are really busy, but I'm trying to get my order straightened out with you.  I'm still missing one MK47 mic body from my order.

On March 21 I ordered two MK47 kits.  (Order # MGPY-903186)

So far I've only received (1) MK47 mic body and (2) shock mounts.

Can we get the other mic body shipped out please?  Thanks.

James Humphreys

Hi James,

I have not received emails from you recently.  Please make sure you are sending to [email protected] .  That must have been a late-night packing error.  I will get another MK47 body out to you ASAP.

Hey chunger, I received the ht11a body and it worked out great. Nice and heavy for such a low price. Thanks! I recently ordered 2 ht11 wooden boxes from your store. My question is, does anyone know if the beesneez body will fit in here? I'm still on a  ~3 month wait for the Beesneez body to arrive. ..

Next shipment of parts will include a wood box that will fit U47 and SYT-5 bodies.  I believe I will use the same box for both since overall dimensions are similar.  the HT-11A box is very narrow.

chunger said:
Next shipment of parts will include a wood box that will fit U47 and SYT-5 bodies.  I believe I will use the same box for both since overall dimensions are similar.  the HT-11A box is very narrow.

Glad to hear you will be stocking a box for the SYT-5 soon! Do you have any idea when those will be coming in? I ordered a SYT-5 a couple weeks ago so if that hasn't shipped yet I'd love to add that onto my order if possible.

Thanks

Anyone have a type 3 head basket they wanna get rid of?  Looking to replace my original apex 460 one.

Thanks

Howdy Chunger,
Really excited for this 67 project.  BUT you're not responding to my emails and you're sitting on a heap of my dough- it would be great to get some kind of shipping estimate or at least a reply- yeah?  Don't mean to be pushy- it's just a lot of money for me to have out in no man's land.  Thanks!

Latest posts

Back