Unmarked Microphone bodies and parts (SYT-5, CU-49, HT-11A, GT-2B, and U47)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
michaelanswerer said:
Howdy Chunger,
Really excited for this 67 project.  BUT you're not responding to my emails and you're sitting on a heap of my dough- it would be great to get some kind of shipping estimate or at least a reply- yeah?  Don't mean to be pushy- it's just a lot of money for me to have out in no man's land.  Thanks!

Hi.  Sorry for the late reply.  Your order is in the system.  Judging from the position in the queue, the orders should be consolidated and  go out mid to late this week.

So I guess the SYT-5 bodies no longer accommodate the capsule mounts that have adjustable height, nor do they have holes for the capsule leads. Kinda wierd. Has anyone else dealt with this? Any suggestions? I'm really getting close to finishing my mic but I dont have a drill press to make my own holes... and I'd like my capsule to sit at the right height in my headbasket. Hopefully the capsule leads will still reach the PCB without the holes.

Attachments

• IMG_20150731_191006.jpg
    IMG_20150731_191006.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 22
best solution is spacers and longer (12mm length M2 screws) if you want to use the current mount provided with the microphone.  I tried to get the new factory to use the 1st gen mount, but as things go in China, they did not and stubbornly used their mount.  I have few spacers on hand and will post it up now on the webstore.

http://store.studio939.com/product/microphone-capsule-spacer

chunger said:
best solution is spacers and longer (12mm length M2 screws) if you want to use the current mount provided with the microphone.  I tried to get the new factory to use the 1st gen mount, but as things go in China, they did not and stubbornly used their mount.  I have few spacers on hand and will post it up now on the webstore.

http://store.studio939.com/product/microphone-capsule-spacer

Ok, sounds good. Thanks for putting those up, that should work fine, just placed the order yesterday.

Hh Chunger,

My local ME, Emil (who isn't a member here, that's why I'm asking for him) ordered AND paid a HK12 quite a while ago - the 27. April.

Order #CWWV-470971 - invoice by email 27. apr 2015 13.37.28 CEST, paid by PP.

You last replied to him 4th of June:

Hello Emil,

Sorry for the delays.  The latest word I got from Eric Heiserman today was he has been out of town for a family medical emergency.  Capsules were originally supposed  to be in my hands more than a month ago.  My most recent shipment from him only included a fraction of the capsules that I ordered.  As always, please let me know if you require a refund at any time.  Your order will ship as soon as I receive my anticipated capsules from Eric.

-'Chung

He has had no luck trying to reach you by email since then - so the question is: When can he expect to see his capsule?

Jakob E.

Hi Chunger,

I was hoping to get an update on an order for the HT-11A mic kit that was ordered from your website last week.
I tried to send you a message but your inbox is full.

Thanks,
Brian

Hi Gyraf,

I'll reach out to Emil again.  I still have his order up on queue but have had repeated delays from Eric on HK12 shipment.  As far as I recall, he wished to keep his order active as opposed to refund.  I'll see if he has changed his mind at this point.

gyraf said:
Hh Chunger,

My local ME, Emil (who isn't a member here, that's why I'm asking for him) ordered AND paid a HK12 quite a while ago - the 27. April.

Order #CWWV-470971 - invoice by email 27. apr 2015 13.37.28 CEST, paid by PP.

You last replied to him 4th of June:

Hello Emil,

Sorry for the delays.  The latest word I got from Eric Heiserman today was he has been out of town for a family medical emergency.  Capsules were originally supposed  to be in my hands more than a month ago.  My most recent shipment from him only included a fraction of the capsules that I ordered.  As always, please let me know if you require a refund at any time.  Your order will ship as soon as I receive my anticipated capsules from Eric.

-'Chung

He has had no luck trying to reach you by email since then - so the question is: When can he expect to see his capsule?

Jakob E.

Hi brianadams09,

I have your order in the queue and it is currently #7.  Most likely the box will be packed over the weekend and go out early next week Monday or Tuesday.  My email [email protected] is the best way to get ahold of me.

brianadams09 said:
Hi Chunger,

I was hoping to get an update on an order for the HT-11A mic kit that was ordered from your website last week.
I tried to send you a message but your inbox is full.

Thanks,
Brian

Mulmany said:
What is the time frame for the new version C12 kits?

Hello Mulmany,

We are running low on capsules right now and that is holding back the "complete kits".  All other items are in good supply right now and I've priced everything so there is no cost difference between ordering all the necessary parts separately or all together because DIY people often like to select their own specific parts combinations.  If you require a complete C12 kit, please order the following items:

capsule - various suppliers
tube - various suppliers (we do stock the NOS Mullard 12AT7 alternate tube)  I recommend Christian Whitmore for tested NOS tubes of any type.

- C12 PCB set
- C12 electronic parts kit
- HT-11A body kit (Type 1 for a C12 clone. . .utilize the "no cable" option if you plan to use premium Gotham or Mogami cable)
- Cinemag CM-13114 transformer (alternately you can order AMI T14 directly from AMI)

- optional Gotham GAC-7 cable

Available capsule options for chambered backplate original type are:
Tim Campbell
Eric Heiserman
Beesneez

Available capsule options for K67 based edge terminated are:
Studio939 (very low stock currently)
Microphone-parts.com
Peluso
likely many other suppliers

Thanks much Chunger...

I know you are busy, I did email you a few days ago. I really appreciate the update.

Looking forward to it,
Brian

Hi Chunger,

I am interested in Alctron HT-11A (c12-type) tube microphone  Kit. Please give me details how can I get this?

Regards
Dinesh

I just decided to do my own PTP version of the PSU for the MK-U47. Chunger has such a great play-by-play already, and I was already planning on putting my resistors on a heatsink. Just didn't make sense to use Zayance's board when half the components would be off of it already.

I'm also going to add a meter too, and a voltage adjust pot on the front panel. :D

I was talking to a few alternate factories about getting boxes made, and i scraped too close to the bottom of the barrel  :eek: .  The samples were laminated mdf and they were truly horrible. 

The next incoming freight shipment will have a box that fits the mk47 and syt5 bodies.

Our pcb has been laid out for mk47 power supply.  Waiting for a prototype case from dan.  Sllllloooooow going on that project but it really is a straight forward point to point build.

Thanks for the update Chunger! Your awesome build guide from before gave me the confidence to try my own PTP like you did. I'm going to add a meter! Thanks for the awesome work and your incredible contribution to the DIY world.

A few new items on the next boat from the motherland.

1) CHEAP SYT-5.  Sometimes the build does not need to be shiny and special looking.  It just needs to hold the PCB, capsule, transformer, XLR jack, and stay together.  Also, it would be nice if it looked decent from 10 ft. away, but you don't sweat the finish imperfections.  These will have anodized aluminum body tube, a standard 2 layer headbasket mesh as well as "mystery Chinese pot metal" internal parts.  The price will be fantastic though, and they will hold to the same mounting points and kit dimensions of the SYT-5 body so all currently available kits will be compatible.  The nice current 100% machined brass gen 2 SYT-5 will continue to be available and the 3rd gen is under development.  The cheap body is not replacing it. . . just adding another option for people of all budgets to consider.  This body scrapes as close to the bottom of the barrel as possible yet still provide a functional, reliable body to work with.

2) CHEAP mk47 body. - same concept as above.  The headbasket will not be vintage-correct meshing, but the internal rails and dimensions are identical to the 90 degree 3 frame rail mk47 microphone body.

3) Wood boxes for all microphone models. - The SYT-5 and mk47 (U47) will share the same box while GT-2B and HT-11A will have their own box sizes.

4) Type III headbaskets will be back in stock for the HT-11A bodies.

5)  Budget edge terminated capsules.

These are the items nearing completion right now and once the batch is completed, everything will be consolidated and sent via cargo freight.

I do not think we will run out of stock on any mics soon, but the HT-11A bodies are lowest right now with replacements coming this batch.  Type 1 headbaskets may run out again before the next re-supply, but supply may just be able to hold out without any interruptions.

The following items are starting production now (lead time 3 months)

- gen 3 SYT-5 bodies.  These will "fix" the bottom bell shape and proportions.
- type 1 and type 2 headbaskets for HT-11A (re-supply batch. . . no design changes)

Hi Chunger,

I've purchased a Cinemag traffo for U47 fet. I've been provided with the tracking number which I believe is wrong. I wrote a few mails to you, but no answer. Could you please contact me - [email protected]

Thanks.

Kind regards,
Andrew

Andriejus said:
Hi Chunger,

I've purchased a Cinemag traffo for U47 fet. I've been provided with the tracking number which I believe is wrong. I wrote a few mails to you, but no answer. Could you please contact me - [email protected]

Thanks.

Kind regards,
Andrew

Hi Andrew,

You were emailed the wrong tracking number.  I sent the correct on over to you, and the package should be attempting delivery now.

Back