Unmarked Microphone bodies and parts (SYT-5, CU-49, HT-11A, GT-2B, and U47)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
chunger said:
Our pcb has been laid out for mk47 power supply.  Waiting for a prototype case from dan.  Sllllloooooow going on that project but it really is a straight forward point to point build.

Hi Chunger! Any updates on this?  :)

mdmitch2 said:
chunger said:
Our pcb has been laid out for mk47 power supply.  Waiting for a prototype case from dan.  Sllllloooooow going on that project but it really is a straight forward point to point build.

Hi Chunger! Any updates on this?  :)

+1

Hi Chunger!

I tried to PM you about the  C12 kit and donor body but your inbox seems to be full.
So, how much is shipping  to Finland?

Cheers

Hi Chunger,  Any updates on the shipment from China?  Would love to see the SYT-5 v3 or the cheaper mic bodies/pricing

Hi Chunger,

Looking forward to this MK67 build.
Do you know if anyone makes a threaded 7 pin connector that will screw on to the base of the Syt-5 or is the group using a standard Neutrik  style?

Thanks
Mac

rockinrob86 said:
Hi Chunger,  Any updates on the shipment from China?  Would love to see the SYT-5 v3 or the cheaper mic bodies/pricing

A new batch of microphones from a couple of factories is complete and we are sorting out consolidating and ocean freight details now.  The cheap aluminum/cast zinc SYT-5 bodies are included in this shipment.  These should end up costing about 65% of the higher quality machined brass bodies we currently have.

I will continue to have both types of STY-5 body made (high quality and low cost versions).  It's nice to have choices.  The low cost option is nice for people looking to build drum mics or other "high-risk" situations where a more expendable body is appropriate. .  . or, they don't care as much about the finish quality.

In this shipment

- HT-11A body re-supply and type 3 headbaskets
- metal transformer bell-housings for HT-11A body
- cheap SYT-5 body
- cheap mk-47 body
- wood box re-supply for HT-11a
- wood box re-supply for GT-2B
- new larger wood box to fit SYT-5 and U47 microphones

ETA likely a bit more than a month from now.

Hi chunger,

Nice!

BTW, any update on the mk47 power supply prototype case from dan?

Thanks,
Chris

Hi There Chunger,

I recently purchased a capsule from Tim Campbell, hoping to get the other items necessary to build a c12 clone. Can you let me know if the body/parts/transformer/PSU/pcb are available? If so, please mark me down for a purchase.

Thanks!

Nick

nickedavis said:
Hi There Chunger,

I recently purchased a capsule from Tim Campbell, hoping to get the other items necessary to build a c12 clone. Can you let me know if the body/parts/transformer/PSU/pcb are available? If so, please mark me down for a purchase.

Thanks!

Nick

Hi Nick,

Unfortunately the parts kits are out of stock right now and I need to settle my recent very large China order before I will have funds to re-stock those.  For now, please refer to the BOM on the build and support thread.  It takes a little more legwork, but between Mouser, Justradios.com,  Amazon, and Erse Audio you should be able to get your hands on all necessary components (per the kits that I stock. . . there are other choices as always in DIY).

Type 1 headbaskets and HT-11A body kits are also very low stock right now. . . like less than 5 units.  HT-11A bodies are completed at the factory though and we are arranging ocean freight right now so those should be re-stocked "soon" .  . . meaning in the next 3-6 weeks depending on how long customs takes.  The Type 1 headbaskets will take longer but production deposit was placed a while ago and the factory has started building them.

In stock in healthy quantities for the C12 project:

PCB kits
Cinemag CM-13114
Gotham GAC7 cable (if you choose to go that route)
Type 2 and Type 4 headbaskets
TPS-100 power supplies

Hi Chunger,

I made my order on Monday - the week has passed but nothing was sent and no reply from you.  :-\
What's happened? Could you clarify please?

Cheers,
Serg.

Hi chunger, I just purchased 3 wide mount, capsule mounts at your store. I didn't think to see if they were in stock. Could you please let me know an eta on those if possible?

Hi Chunger,

Received the Wooden box. It's very beautiful. Thanks

Regards
Dinesh

Hey, does anybody know, if a G7 pcb will fit in the Alctron HT-11A body?
The measurements on the first page seem to be obsolete.

I have finally received a large shipment of microphone bodies and a few new items are live now on http://store.studio939.com:

1) Wood boxes for all microphone models:

- HT-11A
- GT-2B
- STY5/MK47/U47 (same size box)

2) Budget-YT5 body:

-same internal dimensions as Gen 2 SYT-5 but quite a significant bit cheaper.

3) Type 3 headbaskets for HT-11A.

More interesting items will be coming online in the next few days. 

chunger said:
I have finally received a large shipment of microphone bodies and a few new items are live now on http://store.studio939.com:

- HT-11A
- GT-2B

2) Budget-YT5 body:

Is the elam head basket back in stock?  Says I can order it but the description says its out of stock

chunger said:

- HT-11A
- GT-2B

2) Budget-YT5 body:

Really like the headbasket shape of the new YT-5 body :)

Latest posts

Back