Unmarked Microphone bodies and parts (SYT-5, CU-49, HT-11A, GT-2B, and U47)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Binder connectors have been ordered for new "Budget U47" bodies.  Those should go live shortly along with loose XLR inserts (3 pin and 7 pin), rubber type capsule mounts, metal bell housings for HT-11A bodies, and a few other helpful small items.

I am expediting a shipment of 100 Type 1 headbaskets by air mail to temporarily re-stock prior to the next large freight shipment which may be some time.

Hi !  :)
Someone already had experiences with the new Budget bodies ? (budget-YT5 body kit vs SYT-5 gen2 et budget-47 body kit vs MK47)
I am hesitant and would like to have an opinion because I am in France and the shipping price is very expensive. So the price of the test will be too expensive for me...  :-\

Thank you in advance  for your lights !  ;)

Hey!

I too have noticed that the shipping is very expensive from Studio 939. However, the donor bodies look fab! I'm in Germany and would like to order two of the FET 47 body kits. Has anyone any experience with them? Will the PCB's from vintagemicrophonepcbkit.com fit? Can anyone offer any advice on the headbasket issue?

Cheers guys!!!

I must say, shipping in general has gone up a lot the last few years. Also, Chunger packs like there's  going to be a nuclear strike. You get what you pay for!

ustudio said:
Hey!

I too have noticed that the shipping is very expensive from Studio 939. However, the donor bodies look fab! I'm in Germany and would like to order two of the FET 47 body kits. Has anyone any experience with them? Will the PCB's from vintagemicrophonepcbkit.com fit? Can anyone offer any advice on the headbasket issue?

Cheers guys!!!

Sorry about the increased shipping costs lately.  The US Postal Service very recently increased all of their rates sharply domestic and international.  I try to make my webstore's shipping calculator accurate and do refund excess shipping/packaging costs when the orders are processed.  If your order is "strange" and contains a lot of very small items, or a lot of microphone bodies, this could skew the automatically generated shipping costs, but I refund excess when I actually pack the box.

chunger said:
ustudio said:
Hey!

Cheers guys!!!

Sorry about the increased shipping costs lately.  The US Postal Service very recently increased all of their rates sharply domestic and international.  I try to make my webstore's shipping calculator accurate and do refund excess shipping/packaging costs when the orders are processed.  If your order is "strange" and contains a lot of very small items, or a lot of microphone bodies, this could skew the automatically generated shipping costs, but I refund excess when I actually pack the box.
I have received shipping refunds from Chunger.

He's a standup guy. Buy with confidence.

Mike

fear not with Chunger he has done refunds on shipping for me also and has always been very stand up guy. Buy with confidence.

Hi Chunger!

I've just ordered the Syt body, I hope this time no delays will happen.  ::)

Cheers,
Serg.

5 days have passed since I've paid for the order.. no reply..  ???

Hi Chunger

Can you please let us know if you plan on restocking the full C12 kit?

Thanks
Mac

Greebok said:
5 days have passed since I've paid for the order.. no reply..  ???

Hello Greekbok,

Sorry for the delay.  Just re-entering from traveling and became sick for a few days.  We will be shipping all pending orders soon.

Update:

We are moving to Gen 3 SYT-5 microphone bodies.  The only change of note is the profile of the bottom bell housing which I was not 100% happy with on the Gen 2 bodies:

p1944378340-4.jpg

Otherwise, all of the machining and headbasket soldering looks to be a bit cleaner on this production run.  I also ordered body tubes without switch markings as well as bodies without switch slots this time per customer request.  I will be adding those options to the webstore soon, but if you are looking for those sooner, please contact me via email.

I have my production run of acrylic spacers in hand, and those are updated to the webstore.

HT-11A metal bell housings are in stock now per customer request. . . the next most requested HT-11A item is the rubber tube mount, so I will inquire with the factory about sourcing those parts separately in my next run of parts.

I apologize for the long lead time right now as I have recently returned from traveling and am catching up on a few work projects at my job.  Orders are being processed, and hopefully I will be able to gain ground this weekend clearing the shipping queue.

Hey.  How much would it cost to have the ShuaiYin SYT-5 (U67/87 type) microphone body kit shipped to Dublin, Ireland?

Latest posts

Back