Unmarked Microphone bodies and parts (SYT-5, CU-49, HT-11A, GT-2B, and U47)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Green Slime said:
Are these kits still available here?

Hello,

The webstore is kept up to date with currently in stock parts and bodies.  I have just finished ordering another batch of electronic components for C12 kits.

Maybe I misread...

Will you be restocking the C12 kits or just the individual components?

Thanks
Mac

Howdy...was curious what the lead time is for the ELA body w/ PSU. Ordered one a couple weeks back and sent an email inquiring about lead time a few days ago...any info?

Thanks

Hi Chunger - I tired to use the 'contact' form on your site but haven't heard back. Do you have any spare 3-pin XLR inserts that you would sell me? I have a body with a 7-pin insert that I'm hoping to use for a P48 mic. If so, how can I go about adding that to a transformer order I'd like to make as well? Thanks!

Hey, could somebody with a SYT-5 body please give me the outside diameter (top and bottom) of the body tube?

hey micaddict, thanks for the link. Interesting info!
Would be really nice, if someone could give me the diameter of the body.

OneRoomStudios said:
Is chunger still doing business? There's been a curious lack of response from him.

Sorry guys, my dayjob has been nuts for the last 1.5 months, and I am knee deep in a remodel project, so response times are sub-optimal right now.

I do have 3 pin XLR inserts.  Shoot me a direct email with a list of the parts you need and a shipping address and I will invoice you via paypal.  [email protected]

Murdock said:
Hey, could somebody with a SYT-5 body please give me the outside diameter (top and bottom) of the body tube?

Quickly from one sample:

top of tube measurement inside the notch that fits into the headbasket -  2.259"

widest point on tube - 2.305"

narrowest point at base of tube - 1.970"

Hello Chunger,

Is there any news on the C12 kits?
Are they going to be stocked again? Also the premium kits?

Cheers
Moshe

Hello all, i salute the group DIY comunity via my first post! I am a guitarist and music producer from Bucharest, Romania (EU) and I'm a beginner with electronics, so please bare with me! I just tracked some acoustic guitars recently at a friend's studio in our city and i was blown away with the quality of the C12 clone (Tim's capsule) perhaps the best studio mic I have heard so far and he told me about this site! Great job guys, highly apreciated!
I plan ordering the parts, including Tim's capsule if I 'm lucky enough to reach him. I was a bit dissapointed to see the complete kit is out of stock, i want this so badly in order to have better recording quality and produce better and inspiring music, hopefully! :)

I want 1 x  C12 Microphone Kit Complete Premium kit, can u please tell me if and when they will be available again?
the price posted on site, 457$ is for the budget one? how much the premium kit costs?

Is there other alternative if the complete kit is out of stock, to buy the parts separately? i need a little guidance since this is my first DIY project ever, i will have a local professional engenieer/electronist for the soldering part!

Thanks
I await your answer, Chunger! Best regards, Marius

mariusguitar said:
Hello all, i salute the group DIY comunity via my first post! I am a guitarist and music producer from Bucharest, Romania (EU) and I'm a beginner with electronics, so please bare with me! I just tracked some acoustic guitars recently at a friend's studio in our city and i was blown away with the quality of the C12 clone (Tim's capsule) perhaps the best studio mic I have heard so far and he told me about this site! Great job guys, highly apreciated!
I plan ordering the parts, including Tim's capsule if I 'm lucky enough to reach him. I was a bit dissapointed to see the complete kit is out of stock, i want this so badly in order to have better recording quality and produce better and inspiring music, hopefully! :)

I want 1 x  C12 Microphone Kit Complete Premium kit, can u please tell me if and when they will be available again?
the price posted on site, 457$ is for the budget one? how much the premium kit costs?

Is there other alternative if the complete kit is out of stock, to buy the parts separately? i need a little guidance since this is my first DIY project ever, i will have a local professional engenieer/electronist for the soldering part!

Thanks
I await your answer, Chunger! Best regards, Marius

Hi Marius,

You can buy the following to make your microphone (same as "premium kit")

from my webstore:
-HT-11A body kit Type 1  (without cable)
-C12 PCB set
-C12 electronic components kit
-Cinemag CM-13114 transformer
-Gotham GAC7 (with 7 pin xlr)

Then, source the following 2 items separately:
-NOS GE6072A tube (recommend Christian Whitmore for high-quality tested tubes)
-Capsule (most people use Tim Campbell or Eric Heiserman capsules)

So, everything is in stock and shipping except for 2 components.  In order to build the mic, you actually don't really need my kit at all.  There are many ways to build a C12 clone, and this is just one convenient way to do it.

Best of luck!

@guruchinez, thanks mate, especially for sharing the knowledge with me about this! :)

@chunger, thanks for your reply, after few days of research and guruchinez advice, it becomes very clear for me that your store is the right place to buy from! I am just sending you an e-mail right now, and we will proceed from there!

Great forum! :)

Back